“Lovely”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Great location (especially at lunch) gives this place a head start and doesn't fail to deliver throughout the stay. All the sashimi, sushi and tempura dishes we tasted were lovely and the staff pleasant. The booths are comfy, but a nice meal on the stools overlooking Central Park is fine too. If it's too busy, there's an upstairs section too. The prices aren't too cheap, so maybe if the staff went out of their way to explain was was being served (especially in the case of assorted sashimi),it wouldn't have gone astray. Definitely one of the better Japanese places doing the rounds, and I know the owner has big plans to make this something special.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

From the entrees (POPCORN SHRIMP & EDAMAME), mains (PRAWN TEMPURA, VEGETABLE TEMPURA, SOFT SHELL CRAB, MISO SOUP) and cocktails,(TOKYO DRIFT) everything was delicious. Everyone loved their choice and couldn't fault the food at all. Just thinking about my soft shell crab dish now is making my mouth water.. It was honestly delicious and we would go here again.
The only little thing I could fault them on was my main didn't come out with the others & even though it came out 5-7mins later, that seems like a long time when you are waiting and it was a little too cold in there for us, even with my jacket on I was getting cold.. Service was good, perhaps a little too eager to grab plates off you, sometimes just as you were finishing, & we told them no, not yet. But overall the food is certainly worth going for.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The food here is extremely tasty and reasonably priced. The portions are a little on the small side, which did not bother me but did my husband. The popcorn prawns were very nice and the pork belly was outstanding. The service was attentive, but it took a while to get someone's attention for the bill only to find you had to pay downstairs. The atmosphere is also nice. I wold definitely go there again.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Four of us had lunch here and had a mix of things--soup, sushi, sashimi, tempura. It was all really good and served in an elegant fashion. There are other more famous, fancy Japanese places in Perth but I thought the food here was just as good but at half the price.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We have been about 5 times now and every time we come back we are always amazed at hw delicious it is

If you love salmon and sashimi like me you have to try th salmon gtr - it is out of this world.

The surrounds, service and food all get 10/10

In summer they open the windows and you look out at central park - so lovely at night with the gardens lit up and no ferals

1  Thank Becbell2710