“Spacious, Comfortable, Central Location”

Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Hong Kong, China
“Spacious, Comfortable, Central Location”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Citadines takes almost a "serviced apartment" approach to providing accommodation. The hotel is relatively small. It is located up a few steps from street level, and offers just a small lobby with two elevators immediately to your back when checking in. Off the main lobby is a secure bag-check area. While someone helped me get my bags to my car, there does not seem to be attentive doorman service.

The room I had had plenty of space in the shower and the bathroom, The bedroom contained a comfy king bed, a well-designed work area - including an excellent array of electrical outlets, a small kitchen, a study area and a chaise recliner, was well lit and comfortable.

The room also was very quiet. Its storage space was well-designed and useful. The room included floor to near-ceiling mirrored sliding doors on the sliding closet doors, located parallel to one side of the bed.

Parking is provided via a discounted rate (must get parking ticket validation at the from desk) at a public garage about a block away from the hotel. Even with the hotel's discount, however, parking still cost A$38/day, including only one removal of the car from the garage. Better to take a taxi or be dropped off if you are going to be staying at Citadines. There is a dedicated parking space outside, which allows drop-offs of about five minutes or less.

My rate did not include breakfast. The in-room dining, which I utilized to save time, was not presented in a particularly appealing manner, although the food was tasty (two croissants, a fruit salad, yoghurt, orange juice and coffee for A$25/psn).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Shannon R, Marketing Executive at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear arjaydobleyoo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Citadines experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable visit to our newly refurbished Apart'hotel, and felt our apartment design was comfortable and perfectly suited your travel needs. Thank you for your comments regarding the limited parking at our property, due to our central location parking is very restricted in Perth.

We appreciate your feedback on the design of our in-room dining menu. We do appreciate it when guests provide ways we can improve our product for us to investigate, and will be sure to share your feedback with the Restaurant Manager. If you choose to stay with us again, you may like to try our bed and breakfast package which includes overnight accommodation and breakfast in The Terrace Lounge Restaurant.

Thank you arjaydobleyoo, from all the team at Citadines St Georges Terrace we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Clean apartment style accommodation. Breakfast at restaurant tasty and reasonably priced. Daily room service, cable channels, microwave, kettle, etc. Handy CBD location. Rooms near elevators a bit noisy at night.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Shannon R, Marketing Executive at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Steven W,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback of your recent stay with us at Citadines. It is fantastic to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our Apart'hotel and found our facilities comfortable and convenient. Do let us know next time you are staying with us, as we can request a quieter apartment to assist in making sure you have a relaxing stay.

Thank you Steven W, from all the team at Citadines, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yockleton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I think this is more of an accommodation block than a hotel. It is perfectly positioned for the mining companies in the business area. Lots of work going on in hotel, Staff on the reception were excellent but working in a confusing environment. 11pm fire alarm went off and we all left the hotel, down the fire escape which had several doors jammed open on floors which were under going refurbishment. Finally left the building into an enclosed car park at rear! by myself! then found way around to the front of the hotel where I met the rest of the inhabitants and the fire brigade who quickly checked and reset the alarm! Most people still in bar drinking! Breakfast was poor and administered by a disinterested guy. Perfectly positioned for main offices of BHP and other miners, good price but didn't fill me with confidence

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark C
Nathan B, Manager at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you Mark C for your feedback on your stay with us at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth.

As pointed out our property did undergo a major refurbishment from mid September 2013 up until late January 2014, this also included a property brand to Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth.

After a little investigation I can see from our records we did have the building evacuated during the month of September 2013 and we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We would further like to reassure you that all of our staff are well versed in a variety of emergency situations. Since September 2013 we have completed no less then three further training exercises for all front line staff. Installation of further signage to all apartments to assist to explain the evacuation procedure including clear instructions and directions from all apartments and corridors in case of an ensuring all guest evacuate safely.

Once again Mark C, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us another chance in the future to restore you confidence.

Kind regards

Nathan Baker
Residence Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel is still within Perth City Centre with bus and CAT easily catch to wander. Not too far to walk to street malls. Parking is a bit of problem, same as most hotels in the city centre, but there are few payable parking lots close to the hotel as an alternative. Overall, the room is fantastic with free wifi, and all staff we met and talked to were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Shannon R, Marketing Executive at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Tony M,

Thank you for sharing feedback with us on your recent stay. We are very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us at Citadines St Georges Terrace, and were impressed with our newly refurbished apartments, central location and friendly Guest Service Team. We agree the complimentary Wi-Fi is indeed an excellent bonus!

Thank you for providing the great tip on parking in the area, we also like to suggest to guests if our parking facility is full; to also try ‘Wilsons Central Park’ on St Georges Terrace, which is a short two minute walk from our Apart'hotel.

Thank you Tony M, from all the team at Citadines, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Where do I start? This was a punt, having never visited this beautiful city before and having booked months in advance, ahead of the inaugural Swan Run. Struck a pot of gold here (if you visit the Perth Mint, well recommended, you will know what I mean). The location was just perfect in terms of sight-seeing, restaurants, public transport. The room was HUGE. The bathroom ditto, with separate loo. The staff, brilliant. Usual requirements such as fridge, plus a micro-wave. Decent little bar down-stairs for the weary after a long day out sight-seeing (or participating in a fun run). So close to the restaurant heritage area at 125 St Georges Terrace for a fabulous choice of restaurants (note, most not open on Sunday evening). 20 odd minutes by train to Fremantle for a really interesting day out, but still so close, as I have said, to everything. Close to great shopping areas, if one is so inclined. Thank you particularly to front office staff, Erangi and Kashi and the team. I was made to feel most welcome. They will arrange anything for you with the minimum of fuss. Even that dreadful 4.00am taxi ride to the airport....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear LisaGordonSimons,

Thank you for sharing your Citadines experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and were pleased with our spacious and fully-equipped apartments as well as our central location. We feel very fortunate to be in the heart of vibrant Perth, and it is always wonderful to read that our guests enjoy exploring our beautiful city!

It is also lovely to read you were impressed with our friendly Guest Service Team. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with Erangi, Kashi and the rest of the Team; they will be very happy to know they contributed to the overall enjoyment of your stay.

Thank you LisaGordonSimons, we hope to welcome you back again when you are next in Perth.

Singapore
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel in the middle of June. We had travelled there as a family (my hubs, 8 year old, 5 yo and 1 yo). I had booked a Studio Executive room directly with the hotel via the website. I was initially worried as the hotel was not able to confirm with me if they would be able to secure a cot for my baby. I found it a bit strange as I had booked more than a month in advance. Surely if I stated that I needed a cot, they would be able to reserve one for me? (Their answer was that it was subject to availablility). Nevertheless, I went ahead with my reservation as it was within our budget, had rather good reviews and most importantly, it had a small kitchenette which would be useful should I need to cook some meals for the kids or the baby.

We checked into the hotel in the late afternoon and we received a less than welcome reception. The person serving us was rather curt with her replies, and hardly smiled. When I asked about the cot, she said it was not indicated in my request, and couldn't confirm if I could have one. Finally, she turned to her colleague (who was just as unfriendly, with hardly a smile) and asked if we could have a cot (I overheard her asking if it was chargeable). In the end, we were offered one without charge, which was good to hear. (But to be fair, we did meet two other staff members on our last night there who were very friendly and helpful.)

The room that we stayed in was quite large, with a king sized bed. I was pleasantly surprised when the staff brought the baby cot not too long after we had settled into the room. Amenities were good; the kitchenette had a stove, hob, and even a microwave oven, as well as plates, bowls ladels, detergent, towels, and they are were all fairly new. Bed was very comfortable, and the cot looked clean. My only gripe is the toilet. It's cold after taking a bath and stepping out of the shower room. My kids refused to take a bath after the first night. Housekeeping was good, fresh towels (and sufficient no.) were supplied every day.

The hotel is located in a rather good location. Within walking distance to the malls, the supermarket (Woolworths) and the CAT bus stops. There is a nice little café just about two doors away from the hotel which offered good breakfast for a decent price. Nice and quiet eatery, and with friendly staff too.

I would say this hotel is good for families with young children - the rate is pretty reasonable for an apartment with kitchenette facilities, and it is located near the supermarket and malls. Something could be done about the heating in the bathroom though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Nathan B, Manager at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Gerberas 99

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us in June. I would like to apologise for the attitude displayed by our Guest Service team at the time of your check in, this is completely unacceptable. I shall be addressing this with our Guest Service Manager to ensure that our high standards of service are maintained and delivered in a friendly and courteous manner to all of our guests. We do offer certain extras such as cots on request though shall follow up with our reservations team as to Whilst not guaranteed the request should still be able to give you some indication of available of said items for this period.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Bathroom floors this is something that has not been mentioned before to us, I shall flag this for our next asset enhancement as I suggest this shall be targeted around our bathrooms. I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and the location of the property convenient for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines St Georges Terrace on your next visit to Perth.

Kind regards

Nathan Baker
Residence Manager
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great location right on St George's Terrace in the heart of the business district and easy walking distance to the theatre, shopping malls and the river. Pretty good for public transport too as it sits between both train stations.

On arrival check in was swift, easy and dealt with in a friendly manner. The room itself was a bit of a shock as first simply as the decor is so stark! Lots of clean white offset with a bit of acid yellow - not particularly serene or restful! That said the room is a really good size and very well set up for the business traveller with a good sized desk with well located lighting and power points.

I requested a room with a bath and I got one however there was no bubble bath or even body lwash which was a shame. The room comes kitted out with a kitchenette though my room seemed to be missing half the crockery and glassware ( one water glass and two for champagne but nothing else) plates seemed missing and the positioning of the kettle and toaster were not convenient .

Overall a nice clean comfortable room and good for the price - I'd probably give this place another go though other places in the city have been a bit better this is a super location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Shannon R, Marketing Executive at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear BlaneyMundy,

Thank you for sharing with us feedback of your recent stay at Citadines St Georges Terrace Perth. We are pleased to read that you found our Guest Service Team friendly and you especially enjoyed the central location of our Apart’hotel; in particular the short walk to Perth’s shopping, restaurants and the beautiful Swan River.

It is disappointing to read however that not all aspects of your stay met your expectations. Our newly refurbished rooms have been designed to provide guests with a vibrant environment with all the modern conveniences one usually expects at home; and we are sorry to read that this was not your impression. Though it is too late for your current stay which we apologise for, please be sure to let our Guest Service Team know if you are missing any crockery or glassware, as we would be only too happy to supply them to ensure you enjoy your stay.

Next time you are visiting you may like to try our Double Bubbles accommodation package which also includes a pampering spa pack from MOR cosmetics. Thank you BlaneyMundy, from all the team at Citadines we hope to welcome you back again soon.