“Stay at Another Hotel”

Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“Stay at Another Hotel”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights for business as I though it would be bigger than a hotel...the first room was small and dark and was meant to be a studio apartment...what a joke...the TV was small and the remote didn't work. We moved to another room which was bigger with a bigger TV and it was a bit of a concern when I came down stairs one night to grab a ice cream with two police and two people at reception and the police had a crime folder under his arm!!! It was also hard to find some place to eat after 7.00pm so stay some place else or closer to town!

2 Thank Sandynbill
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear Sandynbill,

Thank you so much for providing your valuable feedback after your stay with us.

We are really happy that you found the 1 Bedroom Apartment much more to your liking. We have several apartment types here at All Suites, with our entry-level Studio Apartments being a great option for the budget-conscious traveller, still with the convenience of kitchenette and laundry facilities. Our larger 1 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom Apartments certainly provide more space to stretch out with the additional separate lounge-room and are perfect for longer stays such as yours.

I do apologise that the television remote control was not functioning and thank you very much for bringing it to our attention so that we could easily rectify the issue.

I completely understand that seeing the police on-site may have been a little disconcerting for you, however I hope you will feel a little relieved to learn that they were simply asking questions relating to an external incident. We take the security of our guests and staff extremely seriously and have recently increased our security measures to ensure we maintain our excellent track record in this regard (including the use of secure magnetic key cards, and strict after-hours access procedures).

I do hope that you will try All Suites again when you next visit Perth. Please feel free to contact us directly so that we can offer the best rates on the room best suited for your needs and show you how wonderful the All Suites experience can be!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Thai first
bribie isalnd
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here for 5 days in April 2012. The place was very clean and roomy, but really needs an overhaul. It is well situated as it is a a short walk to both the Barrack Street Jetty and the centre of the city but still not right in it. We had 2 remote controls for our tvs both did not work. We reported it but nothing happened. The front stairs would be no good for elderley people as there is no ramp or lift and getting luggage up the stairs is up to you also 1 night of our stay the lifts did not work and there was no sign to tell you the lifts were not working.

Room Tip: good for fit couples or business people not elderley
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nanny A
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear Avsav,

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback after your stay with us.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and found the rooms really clean and spacious!

I must extend my most profuse apologies for not being offered assistance with your luggage on arrival. We are working on creating better visibility of the hotel entrance from our reception desk, so that our team can clearly see when our guests are arriving and provide help up the stairs as required. Your comments have been noted and rest assured, providing more attentive service in this regard is a high priority at All Suites!

Similarly, it is most disappointing that the remote control situation was not immediately rectified and it is certainly not in keeping with our service philosophy. Your comments are extremely important in assisting in the development of our team and will ensure a much better experience for all future guests.

Finally, I am very happy to report that we are currently in the process of upgrading our elevators so that guests will not be inconvenienced as you were. I do hope that you will consider visiting again to witness these developments first hand. I would be pleased to personally handle your reservation and ensure a much better experience the second time around!

Please keep in touch and I hope to hear from you when you next plan to visit Perth.

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights,needed a hotel by the hospital and not knowing Perth at all I googled and booked closest hotel to hospital. On arrving from a 10 hour trek from NZ not so good to have 2 Receptionists watching me as I tried to get my bag up the steep stairs....no help was offered at all,not such a good start. The room was ok but had no drier as advertised and no instructions for the washing machine and reception had "run out" of instructions sheets. DO NOT USE THE LIFT! I used it once and only once,even when I left I didnt use it I dragged my bag down the internal stairs. Old rickety and dirty. On a positive note it was close to the hospital and I felt safe there each night. No cafes or food places available at the hotel,only a dingy looking Indian restaurant. 10 mins walk and I found the CBD and a supermarket. Would I stay here again..possibly not.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comprehensive review of the hotel and thank you for taking the time to provide it.
I would like to apologise that you found our service to be unfriendly on arrival. I have addressed your constructive comments with my reception team and I will make sure more training is provided.
This is not the high level of service that our guests have come to enjoy.
Our hotel is part of a Strata managed building and we are working closely with the Owners Council and Strata Management to ensure our lifts get upgraded in the near future.
We would love to welcome you back to the hotel next time you visit Perth, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any help organising you next trip.
Sydney
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here for three nights on business in March 2012.

The place is very clean, the rooms spacious but a bit dated. They were well equipped with a kitchenette (e.g. with hotplates, saucepans, fridge) The bathroom had a washing machine in it which was very useful. The bed certainly left a bit to desire - it felt as though the mattress were 15 years old - just like the CRT television.

If you have been to Perth you would know that it is a very expensive town. Still, I paid A$285 a night (US$300/night). In terms of price I would consider it 'fair' but certainly not value for money.

The location is pretty good (although in Perth CBD it is hard to be in a bad spot - it isn't that big).

2 Thank hotsyd22
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave some very valuable feedback from your stay at All Suites Perth.
It is a pleasure to see that the amenities provided made your stay more comfortable, however I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for your stay being disturbed due to an uncomfortable bed and would like to assure you that at this point, most of our beds, linen and televisions have been upgraded. I do appreciate that the prices in Perth are well inflated however the rates at ‘All suites Perth’ are highly competitive with the other hotels of a similar market throughout the CBD.
We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I spent two weeks in a single apartment at All Suites.

The positives: the apartment had pretty much everything one would need on a business trip including clothes washing and ironing facilities. The main area - small dining table and kitchen - has aircon (more about this below). There is a reasonable size TV with a limited selection of cable TV channels. Overall, the apartment is tidy and functional. Staff were (mainly, see below) friendly enough and helpful.

The negatives: the air conditioning is next to useless as it only cools the main area and not the bedroom (Perth is stifling hot through summer). A sign on the wall warns not to set the temperature below 23*C which I duly followed despite this rendering the unit even more useless as a means of cooling the apartment. A few days into my stay the airconditioning unit broke and started spraying water on to the floor below. A report to management of the problem was met with "Don't set it below 23 degrees". Despite clearly explaining at least three times that I did not set the temperature below 23 degrees, the unhelpful staff member repeated three times that the unit was not to be set below 23 degrees and insinuated that this was the cause of the problem. That aside, the unit was fixed promptly (while I was working and out of the apartment) within 24 hrs.

The bed was one of the more uncomfortable ones I have encountered on business trips.

The apartment complex has no breakfast facilities and instead the downstairs area next to reception has a dubious looking Indian restaurant.

1 Thank B M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback from your stay with us at All Suites Perth Hotel.
It is a pleasure to see that the amenities provided made your stay more comfortable. I am concerned however that you felt our staff to not be helpful to your needs regarding the air conditioning issue. Our friendly and professional reception team aim to help our guests no matter the situation and thus in your case, I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for any disrespect regarding the matter. I am pleased to see that there was a positive outcome in the end.
We have at this stage upgraded most of our beds, linen and televisions, so we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 March 2012

One night stay on a Saturday night..bit pricey compared to what else is available...but as we were having a night out at the Hula Bula Bar which is directly underneath the hotel...was ok. Haven't seen an old CRT TV in a hotel room for a few years. TV reception was poor and the screen size makes for only basic viewing. Overall good place to stay...but worth only $150 per night.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Blackjacknz
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback from your recent stay with us at All Suites Perth.
I sincerely apologise about the fact that you found your television not up to standard but I assure you that we are currently upgrading most of our televisions in the hotel to digital flat screens, as well as new beds and linen.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Hula Bula Bar it is quite an experience, and a great add on to All Suites Perth! I hope you had a great night!
We value all guest feedback here at All Suites and thank you for your input.
We look forward to welcoming you to Perth again!
Lake Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I've stayed here three times now. The staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are reasonable with kitchen and laundry facilities, It's close to town and reasonably priced.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Emma R, Manager at All Suites Perth, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback in regards to your stay in our property!

We are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. It is fantastic feedback such as this that reinforces our desire to provide the best possible service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you to All Suites Perth again in the future!