“Some issues with reservation, but great hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Perth
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 24 May 2013

1 night in a room for 1 traveler

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at the hotel, but I will also outline some issues with the booking. Wasn't a big factor in the end but was frustrating at the start.

Positives
- The staff at the hotel itself were great - quick check in/out, quick valet, helpful restaurant staff.
- Comfortable room.
- Good shower/bathroom (aside from design issue below)

Negatives
- A few issues with my booking.
- When I made the booking request I specifically requested a room away from the elevator. Upon arrival I checked in, realised I was put in the very closest room to the elevator. After a 6+ hour flight with lots of luggage I was too tired to complain, but it was disappointing.
- When I called in advance to confirm (a week out) and re-confirm (the night before) my booking, I was advised I would be given a complimentary upgrade to the executive suite - which was a nice surprise! Except when I arrived at the hotel I was told I was still in a Superior room, and got a very weird look when I asked if I was still in an executive suite upgrade. The room I had (elevator proximity aside) was still good, but it was a small letdown.
- the bathroom is wonderful from a visual/aesthetic design perspective - but I wouldn't want to be sharing the room with anyone else. The lack of privacy would be quite awkward with any regular bodily functions.
- the TV function on the TV is cumbersome. No 'TV' function as such and I couldn't find a quick channel change.

Overall I had an enjoyable stay, and hope that next time I stay with a SPG member hotel the few issues will be rectified.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear traveloctopus,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with regards to your recent stay with at the Four Points by Sheraton. Please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered with regards to your booking. We will pass on your comments to our Reservations team. Rest assured that your general feedback will also be shared among the team. We are actually working together with the hotel owners and design team on finding a solution on the bathroom design.Please do contact me on on my e-mail address so I can have your details and update same in our system to avoid any such situations for your future stays with us. Awaiting to welcoming you back soon.
e-mail address: sean.raine@fourpoints.com

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in March on business since the other hotels in the city had got VERY expensive. Wotif had a good deal in this. The first thing I noticed was how dirty the lobby and lift was which got me off to a really bad start, but after that all was good. Room was big and well equiped but decor was bland. Buffet breakfast good, staff helpful, gym reasonably well equipped. Again, the bar lacked seats and personality - it was more of a "standing warehouse" atmosphere. In summary, it has everything you need and is good enough, but it will never stick in your memory as being "great".

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JDE260767

Dear JDE260767,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay but it seems that not all aspects of your expectations were met. I would like to apologise for the cleaning issue you had with the lifts upon arrival which might have been caused by the actual works being carried on our lifts with regards to our lift medernisation program. Your comments will be passed on to our Operations and Housekeeping Team. Kindly note that since taking over the hotel in June last year we did complete a full hotel refurbishment including all 278 guest rooms, fitness centre and public spaces, this was completed in December. We definitely understand our Public spaces require further attention and we have the next phase of our refurbishment planned for the 3rd quarter of this year to improve the overall experience for our guests. These works include adjustments to our lighting, acoustics, furniture & artwork and also a proposed extension of the Best Brew bar to feature an outdoor area.
Hope to welcome you soon at the Four points by Sheraton Perth.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Looking back to my stay in this hotel, I can only be positive.

The hotel provides parking facilities and has comfortable rooms with very good beds as well as high quality linen. I especially enjoyed the extensive breakfast and the Piano bar in the evening. While enjoying a drink in the Piano bar a lady came to inform about the purpose of our stay and how we enjoyed the hotel itself. I can always appreciate this type of personal engagements from the staff.

The concierge was unfortunately not able to book us a rental car but luckily there are car rentals nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear HotelloCulture,
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am very glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were well looked after by our team. With regards to the car rental, kindly note that our Concierge Desk while not offering the service in itself, has a list of recommended car rental companies which might be helpful next time you stay with us. Rest assured that your positive comments will be shared with the staff. Awaiting to welcoming you and family back next time you visit Perth.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Had 4 nights here recently. Hotel is directly opposite the Perth Arena concert venue and 5 mins walk to station, shoppping district, Northbridge restaurants, etc. Room was good. Not having a full door on the bathroom could be offputting for those sharing the room who are not "well acquainted".

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tigerphile,
Thank you for your great review with regards to your recent stay with us. I am indeed very pleased to see that you had a fantastic stay with us and was well looked after by our team members. Your positive comments will be shared with the staff. As for the bathroom design, rest assured that together with the owners and design team, we are trying to find the best solution to provide more privacy.
Awaiting to welcoming you back at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth in a near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

A fantastic location but service was poor and the rooms very average, but clean. There is no TV in the room which is strange. I would stay again, but only if I am going to a concert or want to stay this side of Perth. I didn't here so cant comment on the food. Took me at least 20 minutes to get a key die to firstly poor service, then the key system not working. The valet parking is not great. Very clean bathroom but the worst toilet position I have ever encountered! I couldn't get the air-conditioning to change. My view was of apartments so kept curtains closed for privacy.

1  Thank Carl K
FourPointsPerth, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Carl K,
Thank you for taking time in providing us with your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet all aspects of your expectations during your stay. I apologise for the delay you encountered upon check- in and TV issue you experienced. However, all our rooms do have TV and I would be grateful if you could contact me to give me some more info about the room number you stayed in so I can look into the matter. We did have some air conditioning issues in some of our rooms and I apologise for the inconvenience it caused you during your stay. Our maintenance team is working at resolving this issue. Looking forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back at the hotel in a near future.
Sean Raine,
e-mail: sean.raine@fourpoints.com

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Although the hotel price has risen significantly per night since their renovation has been completed, 4 Points by Sheraton is a very good choice to stay in Perth. Perth is notorious for high prices and low standards (in my opinion) but the 4 points is a pleasure to stay at. The rooms are now of a very high standard and the beds are utterly fantastic. The staff are excellent - very professional and friendly. I do agree with the comments about the bathroom door but travelling alone it doesn't bother me and the rooms are super clean. There is room for improvement with the room service meals, particulary in presentation (the cafeteria style with foil on top doesn't really fit with the hotel or meal prices).

However, overall the hotel is an excellent standard and in a very good position - definitely recommended as my choice to stay in Perth.

Room Tip: If possible, I would suggest a higher level room but it's not particularly important.

Dear Mlleruby,
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth. I am very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and was well looked after by our team. Your overall positive comments will be shared with our team members. Rest assured that your feedback on the room service food presentation will be relayed on to our Food and Beverage Manager. Awaiting to welcoming you back at the hotel on your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This hotel is a great location as near all local transport with railway station close by and free city bus out the front of the hotel. The staff were friendly and really enjoyed our meal in the hotel restaurant and excellent service. The bathroom layout is excellent and obviously been updated lately. Other good eating nearby as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear cjjadelaide,
Thank you for the gift of your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Perth. I am very pleased to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and you appreciated our services and the hotel's location.Your positive comments will be communicated to our staff. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.