“City gem with good gym”

Four Points by Sheraton Perth
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have been travelling to Perth weekly and worked my way through the majority of our corporate hotels. I should have started here. Service is great, the rooms are so clean and luxurious. In fact they reminded me of staying in the first class hotels overseas.

The restaurant downstairs offer a good range of food and I would recommend to go for the chefs specials.

The breakfast option was great. While there is a huge banquet I chose the menu selection and was pleasantly surprised that you could have a simple eggs option without paying for a full buffet.

We finish work let so it was great to come in and get served for dinner late.

The gym is very well equipped and maintained.

The location is very handy to everything and I look forward staying there again next week.

Oh I was also grateful for the two free bottles of water next to the bed. The Sydney four points could learn from this option.

Room Tip: The Starwood member floor is great if you like going to the gym
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FourPointsPerthGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Antoinette B
Thank you very much for providing your feedback online. We were delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations of Four Points by Sheraton, and were also pleased to hear you utilised many of our Guest facilities on this stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in January. Reasonable location, right opposite the Arena. Construction work was ongoing in the lobby but it was not too intrusive. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Our luggage was efficiently taken and put into our room during the check-in process. We were upgraded to a Premier room, but found the bathroom arrangement not to our liking. We did not complain, as everything necessary was there, but the wash area with hand basin was open to the bedroom, then an opaque door led to the shower and toilet. Lighting was a little difficult for makeup if the wash area was in use - no mirror in the bedroom apart from the wardrobe near the entrance door where the light was in the wrong position. Criticisms over, it was a pleasant stay, with food and wine at half price as a special deal. Both the evening meals and breakfasts there were fine. Might consider staying there again if returning to Perth, particularly thanks to the hotel and bar staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear kandj93
Thank you for providing your feedback online. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your Four Points Perth experience, and received a complimentary upgrade to our Premium Room on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies our bathroom design did not meet your expectations, please rest assured we are currently in the process of trialling new door designs to address the occurring privacy issues. Despite this, we were pleased all other aspects of your experience met your expectations. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed for two nights at this hotel during a business trip to Perth. First they messed up my booking and because of this ended up charging me twice. Next, were the never ending calls from reception trying to clear up the matter on the second day (the only day I had to enjoy Perth). And the icing on the cake? I left behind diamond earrings on accident, realising within half an hour of leaving, and called the hotel to see if they had been found. They told me the room had already been cleaned and they had not been found. Months later, and they still haven't been found. No apology -- nothing. This hotel turned out to be the biggest waste of money and dissapointment I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Falon D
FourPointsPerthGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear fdowning2014,
Thank you for providing feedback online from your recent experience at Four Points Perth. I understand you have previously been contacted by our Operations Manager to address your concerns. As you are aware, unfortunately your company had booked the incorrect dates for your stay through a third party booking channel and due to the high occupancy we experienced during your stay we were unable to transfer the charge for the additional nights.
As mentioned previously, we have not located any missing items from your room, please be assured had this of been the case, we would have returned these immediately.
We would welcome any opportunity to renew your faith in our hotel. Please don’t hesitate to contact our Operations Manager or I directly so that I can ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

To be honest, I stayed at this hotel because it was the best priced inner-city hotel available over the Australia Day holiday. The price was right, so was the location and it seemed to tick all the right boxes for a fairly brief one-night stay. I arrived late, check-in was quick and easy and before long I found my way to my room. Again, all OK until I walked inside and could immediately here talking and music from both adjoining rooms. I travel a lot, and nothing annoys me more than loud noise coming from adjacent hotel rooms and in this case I was getting it from both sides. I turned on the lights, put down my bags and decided to watch some television. Problem. The dreaded blue screen of death came up and told me that if it didn't work in 3-minutes to call reception. Ten minutes later, nothing so with the noise still loud and clear from both sides I wacked in my ear-plugs and tried to sleep. In the morning, after a few hours sleep, a call to reception saw the problem fixed within 15-minutes, but it was still frustrating. I thought I'd go for a walk early the next morning, and after walking briskly for 30-minutes and not finding anything open decided to risk a hotel coffee. I wish I hadn't - without doubt the worst coffee I've ever had. My requested extra-hot, skinny flay white was less than lukewarm and 30% froth. It may have been the young lady's first day, she really didn't appear to know what she was doing, but I was less than impressed. It pretty much summed up this place – sort of OK but lacking quality and that touch of care you seek when away from home. I wouldn’t stay here again I don’t think; it wasn’t the worst place I’ve ever stayed at but I think there are better options in central Perth where they offer a touch of quality and personalisation - I had hoped for more from the Sheraton brand.

Room Tip: Take extra heavy duty ear-plugs with you - the walls are paper thin.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Samoht103
Thank you for providing your feedback online regarding your Four Points Perth experience. Although we were pleased to hear you enjoyed your check in experience and our convenient CBD location for your brief stay, we were disappointed to hear we fell short on some aspects of your stay as well. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered. We have forwarded your feedback regarding the coffee you received to our food and beverage department, and we will be implementing further barista training to our associates. In regards to your television complication, we are sorry this was not working upon your arrival. Please be aware our Guest Services Desk is 24/7, should you experience these issues in the future they will be happy to assist in rectifying the issues promptly. Rest assured we are looking at ways in which we will be able to address the noise issues for our guests improved experience. Whilst we definitely understand your prerogative to experience different hotels in Perth we would welcome an opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance, now or in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My teenage son and I stayed at the Four Points on 3 separate occasions during January. We had 3 different deluxe rooms on the SPG 7th and 6th floors, each of which was spotless, well furbished, large and comfortable. The standard of service at this hotel is exceptional. On our first evening we were given complimentary tickets to the Hopman Cup tennis being held at the Arena across the road. The friendly and courteous staff went out of their way to be helpful in every way. The duty manager, Yann, was charming, interesting and interested.
The concierge, Abel, was just the same.
Breakfast was excellent, lunch was unnecessary afterwards.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stays, found the hotel both reasonably priced and high class by Perth standards, will certainly return, and can thoroughly recommend everything about it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear JacknDad-on-tour
Thank you for providing your feedback online regarding your recent Four Points Perth experiences. We were delighted to hear of the exceptional service you received consistently over your three individual stays throughout January. We were also pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at The Hyundai Hopman Cup. We would like to thank you very much for the positive feedback in regards to our associates Yann and Abel, rest assured we have shared this amongst our team. We look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Hotel was pretty disappointing. Thought it was just me who had difficulty with the air con but note from other reviews that this probably wasn't the case. Had two nights at the hotel essentially without air con which was horrible.
Room charges are reasonable, breakfast marginal and the overall feeling of the hotel probably stops at three stars at best.

Room Tip: Check the air con a upon arrival!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FourPointsPerthGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Kosta100
Thank you for providing feedback online regarding your stay with us, although we were disappointed on this occasion to hear we fell short of your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the air conditioning issues you encountered. As a valued guest we appreciate the comments you made and rest assured we are addressing the issue. Unfortunately our Air-Conditioning system experienced issues last week due to the humidity and heat, and I along with our Operations Manager have been actively working with our Maintenance team to ensure the issues are fixed immediately as the heat continues through the rest of summer. Rest assured we have scheduled a full upgrade to our air conditioning system in the near future and should be completed by the third quarter of this year. Whilst we cannot turn back the clock, we thank you for your feedback and hope despite the short comings this stay you will allow us the opportunity to renew your faith in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here for Australia day with my wife and 2 x young children in one of the hotels recently refurbished suite rooms .
Suite rooms are modern and tidy but fairly average in comparison with some other hotel suites which i have stayed .
Strange layout in the Bathroom , no bathtub which is unusual for a suite room , only large shower which is adjacent to the toilet with tinted glass door separating small sink area which is too small for a suite room.
Unfortunately when we arrived it was apparent there was an issue with the Air Con in our room , it became evident after a discussion with the hotel maintenance sent to my room that there was some ongoing issues with air con in certain rooms of the hotel .
After a couple of conversations later with the duty manager it became apparent there were other guests in the hotel suffering the same consequences of having no Air Con , consequently a room change was also out of the question as the few remaining rooms available were also apparently affected by the Air Con drought , two fans were sent to my room to help reduce the stifling Perth heat .
Certainly not what you would expect from a hotel chain like the Sheraton which the Duty manager agreed with and not much fun when travelling with a one and two year old child.
A couple of discussions ensued and it was eventually agreed that a refund for my nights stay was appropriate along with complimentary breakfast which was a nice gesture but i think somewhat appropriate given the circumstances .
Breakfast was very nice but again the hotel let itself down badly in the sense they appeared to be short staffed on the public holiday following Australia day .
As we waited to be seated, the couple before us had been waiting for sometime to be shown a table , when we were eventually shown to our tables , these tables had not been cleared and other surrounding tables were in the same condition , dirty dishes , crumbs etc . Other guests were sat at these uncleared table waiting for them to be cleared before attempting breakfast , indeed 2 x couples while we were there simply gave up and left .
I must add that the staff there were exceptionally busy and extremely courteous and it looked an impossible task for them to do everything at once , there simply seemed to be not enough staff , again not what you would expect from the Sheraton chain .
Eventually when our table was cleared , breakfast was actually quite enjoyable .
On the plus side the hotel is in a fairly good location and not to far to walk to all the city centre attractions and excellently placed directly opposite the Perth Arena.
Staff are all very friendly and pleasant , nice bar with projective big screen .
All in all not the best of experiences but perhaps a little unfortunate that on one of the busiest days of the year in Perth the hotel was experiencing problems with their A/C , but the hotel did right by me in the end by providing me with a refund and i must compliment the two Duty Managers i had the pleasure in dealing with , Yann and Atul .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank woz72

Dear Woz72
Thank you for providing feedback online from your recent experience at Four Points Perth. We were pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient location in Perth CBD and our associates were able to provide you with efficient and friendly service throughout your stay, and were especially pleased Atul and Yann were able to provide you with compensation for the issues you encountered. Please accept our sincere apologies for the air conditioning issues you encountered. As a valued guest we appreciate the comments you made and rest assured we are addressing the issue. Unfortunately our Air-Conditioning system experienced issues over the Australia Day weekend due to the extreme humidity and heat, and I along with our Operations Manager have been actively working with our Maintenance team to ensure the issues are fixed immediately as the heat continues through the rest of summer. Rest assured we have scheduled a full upgrade to our air conditioning system in the near future and should be completed by the third quarter of this year. Whilst we cannot turn back the clock, we thank you for your feedback and hope despite the short comings this stay you will allow us the opportunity to renew your faith in our hotel in the near future.