“Uncomfortable NYE stay”

Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Uncomfortable NYE stay”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Booked a room last minute there for NYE night to escape the taxi queue madness, surprised with the very reasonable price for a new years eve night. The location is great - smack bang in the middle of the city. We were 'pub hopping' around the city so it was just perfectly located. Unfortunately we weren't really impressed with our room. Ours had a queen bed and it was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. Tiny room, tiny bathroom, tiny hallway. The bed kept sliding when I was on it, and it was just too small for me and hubby to sleep on together. It was a very hot day in Perth that day, but the room's air conditioning was just not working up to scratch. It was very very humid and was not cool enough despite the fact that I put it on the highest setting. We ended up waking up too early in the morning due to the uncomfortable humidity in the room and decided to go home to our own air conditioned room with king size bed. Overall, it wasn't a disastrous experience - the staff wasn't bad, the price was good, and location was great. It was practical - just wasn't the most comfortable hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Very pleasant weekend. Excellent location in the city. Directly opposite the Belgium Beer Cafe on Murray St. Didn't like the fact that there was no room service and had to go and get everything myself. Room was very clean and slept well.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed here over the weekend on a business trip. Was great. Central to transport, food and entertainment. Would stay here on the weekend rate. Room is basic but comfortable. When I stayed it was close to $200 a night including breakfast, which was reasonable. Did not stay during the weeks as the weed day rates at that time were considerably higher. So value is based on the weekend special rate I was able to receive.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Clean, quiet (during the week, obviously at the weekends fully booked withparty goers and couples young and old) comfortable rooms, perfectly located just off centre of town, in the thriving restarants and popular bars

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Gingin, Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Bad, bad, bad couldn't wait to check out in the morning and find something else!

The room was tiny but they had stuffed 2 double beds in there. I am a small person and I had to turn sideways and shuffle between the end of the beds and the desk. The bathroom was newly refurbished however the frameless shower screen leaked onto the floor and into the bedroom. The basin and vanity were equally tiny with no room to put your own toiletries once the tissues and complimentary toiletries were displayed. The ironing board wouldn't go up and once I had used it to iron more wrinkles into my shirt, I couldn't get it to go down! I had to put it on the bed so I could get my case out of the room. The room had an open wardrobe and no in-room safe.

I found the lobby smelt of stale beer as did the lift during my stay. The restaurant staff were friendly and the breakfast was the standard Accor fare.

Parking is a debacle! They told me to use the "open air carpark down the laneway" and they would mark my ticket and only cost $20 per night. The "laneway" was one-way - the wrong way for the traffic flow (Queen St). I went around the block and found the open air carpark further up Murray St before the hotel. When I went to have my ticket marked, they told me it was the wrong carpark and they couldn't do that. It cost me $32 for one night.

Many other choices in the city, try something a little more expensive for a much better experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PJT3710
GeneralManager31, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Firstly, thank very much for leaving your comments regarding your stay with us, secondly I’m so very sorry to read that your stay was not an enjoyable one. With regards to the parking, you should have been given a map with proper instructions on and the cost per night. I apologise if this was not the case. I would like to offer you a full refund for this, please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can charge back your card. I can only apologise again and await to hear from you soon so that we can sort out the refund and possibly discuss your stay further? Many thanks

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels