“Backpackers”
Review of ibis Perth

Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This place is over rated. Although the checking staff were extremely helpful, the hotel itself did not live up to expectations. My room seemed to be located next to a party room, my work mate's room seemed to be located next to the air on unit. The restaurant was shocking, we sat next to a the table where all of the other tables dirty dishes were put for the duration of our meal. We ordered lambshanks and they were promptly delivered...within about 10min after ordering, however they had not been microwaved through properly. Coffees were ordered however these apparently could only be made at the bar next door, which on a Sat night meant a 20min wait.
In summary, this is a budget hotel with budget facilities and should be advertised as such.

Room Tip: Overpriced for what is on offer
Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Hewer-Hewitt,

Thank you kindly for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very sorry to hear that your stay and the friendly service from the staff was overshadowed by neighbouring noise and a poor restaurant experience.

There is no excuse for such an experience to occur and I can assure you that we will take this feedback to the team in order to prevent a reoccurence. This is definitely an isolated incedent at ibis Perth and we will do everything possible to maintain it as an isolated incident.

If you do visit Perth in the near future, please feel free to email me directly (h1773-gm01@accor.com) so that I can ensure to look after you accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am once again sorry for the negative aspects of your stay. I do hope that we get another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Check-in was a bit slow, there was only one person working at the counter when we checked in around 2pm. We booked a double room through wotif and got a very small but clean room. There was not much room for luggage but the room had a tv, lamp, table and full length mirror. The bathroom was a decent size but no hand towels were provided and there was not much room for toiletries near the sink. Soap, shampoo and conditioner were provided. The downsides of our room were that water leaked out of the shower and the hairdryer did not work. We advised management of this in our feedback and they immediately responded that it will get fixed. The best feature of this hotel is its location - right in the CBD, near Coles and a short walk to Northbridge for dinner.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel's website, you will probably end up with a better room allocatio...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
AllSeasonsPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear miss_v_rose,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very glad to hear that the location of the hotel was convenient to your needs and that you found the hotel very clean. We are very lucky to be located so central to everything that the city has to offer and we do take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and public areas.

I am sorry to hear that the size of the room was a little uncomfortable during your stay and that the hairdryer did not work. While it is pleasing to know that the problem was rectified very efficiently, I will make sure to put in the place the necessary measures to prevent a reoccurence.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I can see from your past reviews that you have travelled extensively throughout Australia and South Africa I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Perth and hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night whilst in Perth visiting friends. I didnt check in until very late but staff were very welcoming and check in was swift and hassle free. The room was large enough for what i needed and would have been fine for a longer stay. Along with the bathroom the room was clean with all amenities that i required. I did not sample the restaurant so cant comment on this. All in all a great hotel in a brilliant location, within easy walking distance to all the main attractions and central to the Perth shopping scene and great night life. I would definitely stay here when in Perth in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear alli123,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Perth and that we were able to accommodate you comfortably during your stay.

While we are blessed to be located so conveniently to everything that Perth has to offer, it is especially pleasing to hear that the service you received was welcoming, swift and hassel free. I will most certainly pass this feedback on to our team who will be encouraged to continue offering this level of service.

It is great to see that you have had the opportunity to travel so widely around the world and it appears as though your reviews are very highly regarded by other travellers.

I wish you the safest of travels in the future and hope that we can welcome you back to Australia in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We found the staff at the service desk to be oblijing. Breakfast was excellent and good value. Room was adequate for two people for an overnight stay. Would suggest that instead of two shampoos and conditioners, that disposable toothbrushes be supplied for people staying just one night. [We needed to clean our teeth rather than wash our hair!!]. Location was excellent for Perth Arena. Have not stayed in an Ibis Hotel in Aust. but have used them in England and France. Exc. value for money. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear kiapPerth_Australia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were obliging to your requests. It is also great to hear that you found the breakfast to be good value and the room adequate to your needs.

In regards to disposable toothbrushes, we do have these available for guests on request and I can definitely look into the option of having toothbrushes in every room prior to arrival.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Excellent budget location for seeing shows at the Perth Arena.
Close to Restuarants, bars & night spots if you want good quality food Food before or more dricks afterwards.

Morning breakfast at the hotel in the morning was also good value

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Wishfull58,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very pleased to hear that the location of the hotel was convenient for the hsow that you attended at Perth Arena.

I hope that you enjoyed the show and Perth Arena itself. Perth Arena is very fortunate to be hosting some great events over the next six months including Beyonce, Rihanna, One Direction, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars. Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to experience another show of your liking.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I travel to Perth often on business. Whilst you can stay in 5 star Hotels most of these are outside the city centre and commuting to business appointments requires a taxi, shuttle (or public transport if you are inclined). This all takes time. The Ibis Hotel is in Murray Street with everything at your doorstep - cafes, bars and ulmately what I am in Perth to do - see customers. I can walk to all of these. The Ibis is really a 3 star experience, with helpful staff. The hotel is often booked out but I try to stay there when I can.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear platinumtraveller601,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. It is great to hear that the location of ibis Perth is suitable to your needs while visiting Perth.

It is very true that ibis is Accor's 3 star economy brand and that is where we place ourselves in the market, however it is very pleasing to read that the staff are always helpful and I trust that you are comfortable when staying at ibis Perth.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Just stayed 2 nights over a weekend. Obviously an Ibis is a 3 star hotel, and that's what you get, but it serves its purpose well. I would have stayed in a higher grade hotel, but they are located outside of the CBD it seems.

Location is truly excellent - right in the heart of the shopping area, even in a very up and coming designer district really. There's bars, restaurants and shops immediately beside the hotel.

My room was fine - payed just $110 a night - ipod radio dock was a nice addition. Only complaint would be that the bathroom amenities are inadequate - rubbish shampoo and tiny soaps, plus no shower gel. but no biggie - there's a Coles next door after all.

There are interbal laundry facilities on 3 of the hotel's 9 floors, which is a nice touch (not that I used it).

The lobby's 2 computers and workspaces were all out of order - so unable to print off my boarding pass.

I tried the $25 hot breakfast first morning - tbh i'd find better value just going to a cafe outside - place seemed really understaffed and rather bland buffet offering - but convenient having the option there should you choose. I didnt return the next morning.

All in all its exactly what a budget hotel is supposed to be - no frills but clean and functional.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank GaryinSydney

Dear GaryinSydney,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ibis Perth. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Perth's shopping precinct and central business district. It is great to hear that this was convenient to your needs while in Perth.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the bathroom amenities at the hotel. While you are correct that we are an economy brand, we do want to ensure that our bathroom amenities serve their purpose and that our guests are happy to use them. I will ensure that this feedback is acted upon in future changes to the branded amenities.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to ibis Perth in the near future.