“In the main drag”
Review of ibis Perth

ibis Perth
Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Being a fly in fly out worker i normally stay alot closer to the airport but when Accor has specials on i venture into the city for something different. You can catch a government bus from out side the airport straight into the city and witness suburban life in Perth for next to nothing or get a taxi in for about $30. The motel is in the main street. Reception is always cheery. The rooms are a nice size with coffee, tea, Tv and fridge. There was no outside noise and i slept well on the nice bed. All the shops are within a few mins walk. Ive never had breakfast in the motel itself as im normally booking out at 4am. Its a nice motel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John Anthony S
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear John Anthony S

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and very much also for taking the time to post this feedback.

We are very happy to hear about how you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel value for money and suitable to your needs, in particular you had a great nights sleep which is always a must in a hotel.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to Ibis Perth sometime soon.

Lee Pearce

Write a ReviewReviews (1,288)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having to make a quick trip for a family medical emergency, it was so fantastic to have some of the burden removed by such caring/friendly staff. We were left to just enjoy our short time together without worrying about some of the details such as check-out time,etc. We walked the short distance to shops,bars and restaurants in comfort knowing that we could return quickly if need be. I will always stay at the Ibis whenever in Perth as my simple needs are extremely well catered for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Locks3NZ

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and once again for taking the time to post this review.

We do work hard on our customer service and it is always a delight to hear when it is appreciated, I am sharing your comments with the team as I am sure it will act as motivation for us all.

I thank you again and we hope to see you back at Ibis Perth in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I recently spent 2 nights here on a business trip. The location is fantastic leaving you close to restaurants, cafes, banks, shops etc.
The hotel itself is simple but so very clean and with helpful and friendly staff.
The staff at reception where excellent and when i needed help with some printing and scanning they where quick and efficient to assist - nothing seemed a bother.
I had a few drinks at the bar while waiting on a collegeaue one evening and found that this fantastic service extended to the bar staff, with a special mention to Shelby.
The service was great and I cannot complain.
I did not eat at the hotel while I was here and I like to get out of hotels when I travel on business and discover cafes for breakfast and restaurants for dinner which, as i mentioned, this hotel leaves you open to do.
When I travel to Perth for work I always struggle with Hotel prices and I find this hotel and location to be perfect for me while I am in Perth
If you want somewhere central, clean and you are not looking for luxury then this is the perfect hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the hotel and there was some construction going on in the building behin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelandfoodfiend
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Travelandfoodfiend

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and again for posting this feedback.

Perth has become a very vibrant city in the past years and we are very fortunate that Ibis Perth is located right at the centre of this. Its great to hear your comments regarding the staff in the hotel and I will be sure to pass this on to all.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I decided to spend a night in the city so chose the Ibis due to its location. It is so central and a 2 minute walk to the Perth railway station. Shops and restaurants all are close by.
The rooms are small but adequate with comfortable beds, flat screen TV and a small fridge.
One person at a time in the bathroom as that was tiny.
The foyer is quite bare and uninviting but the friendly staff make up for this. However I did not approve of a person sleeping on the sofa in the foyer later in the evening.
Due to the location we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We chose a room at the back of the hotel as it was so quiet with no street noise at all. Don't...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Joanne C

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and again for taking the time to provide this review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in Perth and our Ibis suited your needs so well, I am disappointed to hear of the experience in the lobby, and I am following this up with the front office team to ensure training is provided where necessary on how to deal with this kind of issue, I apologise for this.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to Ibis Perth sometime very soon.

Generla Manager

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I'd heard a lot about Perth having very average hotels at very inflated prices due to the fifo's/mining.. and then I saw the Ibis which was about the price of 2 people using a private room in some of the hostels. Decided to take a chance, and what a great find! Check in was easy, and the staff who assisted us were lovely. Happily recommended some places to eat etc. Comfortable beds, great linen & a few pillow options. We had a window that looked over a few lower buildings towards the mall. Window doesn't open, but the air con will keep you cool. No bath, and the water pressure is average. There was a hairdryer, basic toiletries and iron/ironing board and decent hanging space. Location was great, close to a few bars & restaurants, the shopping mall and the station.

Hint - we were on level 5, and I think the room we had was 512 - across from the lift. We groaned when we saw that, but turns out the lift noise didn't bother us. I would suggest you try and get a room that isn't near the vending machines (located on 2 floors, but I can't recall which. They were noisey machines! Someone unplugged one machine and my guess was the noise driving people up the wall. Also, don't get excited by the free wifi, I really struggled to get a decent connection in the reception area.

Room Tip: Avoid the floors with the noisey vending machines!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Sarahlocks

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also very much for taking the time to post this review.

We are very happy that you were pleasantly surprised by Perth and what our Ibis has to offer and that you were happy with your choice of hotels! I do apologise you had issues with the free WIFI and I will follow this up with the provider.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back at Ibis Perth very soon.

Regards

Generla Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed only one night but the service was excellent from the front desk to the restaurant. Had a great sleep, wonderful shower and the room was comfortable. It is very handy to the city centre, restaurants and shopping centres. Enjoyed a late dinner. Staff helpful in providing maps, showing locations and other advice.

Try and get a map of the bus routes. Buses are free within the CBD but you need to know how they work and which route they travel. Each bus route has a colour code.
I was also happy with the limited free internet. It's frustrating having to pay money to just check your email so their free internet was welcome.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor. I didn't hear a pin drop. I can't comment on other rooms. I was give...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Duyfken

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also very much indeed for this glowing review.

We are delighted to read about your time here and how you found all aspects of the hotel of a high standard, its great to hear you enjoyed your time in Perth in general also.

Regards

Reviewed 30 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Michelle D
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014