“Review”

Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Adelaide, Australia
“Review”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel is very well located near city and train station. The breakfast food was good. The room was adequate albeit the one I had was at the back of the hotel

The staff were helpful and willing to assist. The location of the hotel for eating out is excellent with any number of cafe's, hotels and restaurants

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank casuti
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Tim W

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and again for taking the time to post this review.

Its fantastic to hear about your stay with us and how you found the hotel suitable to your needs, but more so how the service was of a high standard and the staff accommodating.

Thank you again and we do hope to see you back at Ibis Perth very soon.

Regards

Lee Pearce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had a choice of four hotels around the same price range to book for the Supanova weekend 20-22 June in Perth. I chose Ibis Perth because they promoted themselves as recently refurbished with above average service and a willingness to go that extra mile. I woke up to find the shower was cold. I raised the issue with the front desk who seemed to think that looking into it in a couple of hours was adequate. After an hour I packed to go and went to the front counter to cancel my booking for the rest of the weekend. The desk clerk Susannah did offer to move me to another room at that point (why not an hour earlier?) but I declined. She then convinced me that I had booked for only one night, which as I later discovered was a lie. Totally ripped off for two nights accommodation!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear DamienB

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also for taking the time to provide us this feedback.

I apologise you have not enjoyed your expereince with us. I have fully investigated the incident with the water, this is unusual as our hotel is supplied by a central boiler, as this is the case the delay you have expereinced was actually due to us requiring to call someone to inspect the boiler, this was completed and no issues discovered, and when we attended your room in fact there was hot water available in the shower.

Thank you again for allowing me to address this issue.

Lee Pearce

Travellers are raving about these Perth hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel bills itself as a business hotel so I wasn't expecting much but even with lowered expectations I was unimpressed. I only booked this hotel because I got a mystery hotel Scoopon for $40. The best thing this hotel has going for it is the location. It is very central to the Perth CBD and only a 1 minute walk to Perth Underground Station which will give you access to all the rail lines (Pro tip: If you're a couple, purchase a Familyrider pass for the trains. It costs about $11.60 but it gives two adults and up to 5 children unlimited access to trains throughout the day. It works out a lot cheaper than buying tickets every time you get on. One of the station guards told us about it). The problems started as soon as we arrived. I walked up to the front desk where the girl behind the counter failed to greet me at all and continued to ignore me and my wife for the next minute while she finished what she was doing on the computer. It was very awkward and gives a terrible impression of Perth to tourists (I'm a Perth local and felt it was a poor representation of our state). We were the only people at the front desk at the time so it's not like it was busy. I understand that sometimes people need to finish what they are doing before they can help the next person but the lack of any greeting or communication was hugely disappointing and positioned us negatively towards the hotel as a whole. Once we were checked in and in the room we realised that we hadn't even been told what time check out was so I had to go down and ask again. It just wasn't good enough from hospitality staff. The room was small but adequate for a business traveller. We had significant issues with the hot water when we tried to shower. It took a long time to heat up and then got cold again after about 3 minutes. We were woken up early by construction workers across the road dismantling their scaffolding. While this is not the fault of Ibis it did highlight the lack of soundproofing for street noise and added to our overall disapproval of the hotel. The bed and pillows weren't overly comfortable but that's the nature of staying in hotels...they're never as nice as your own bed. Also the TV was rubbish. It was poor quality and cumbersome to operate. While this is a minor point it just adds to the overall disappointing experience.

*I did find $5 on the floor in the room though which was fun...except what kind of reflection is that on the cleaning staff?*

If you want somewhere in a really good location that is just a bed and not much else then you might like this place but I won't be staying there again for a while if ever. I think there have to be better options.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Nathan H

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also very much for taking the time to provide this feedback.

While it is very disappointing to read of your experience, I am grateful for the opportunity to address the specific issues you encountered, I apologise this occurred and can assure you I will be following each up with the relevant teams to ensure this type of incident does not reoccur.

Thank you again and we do hope to see you back here at Ibis Perth sometime in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a budget hotel in a great location. We stayed 3 nights including a Friday and Saturday night and found the location second to none. Several free CAT bus stops are located extremely close to the hotel, while the Central train station, CBD shopping malls, high end fashion shops and plenty of good quality cafes are all within an easy walk.

The rooms are basic, as you would expect for a budget hotel, but they are clean and well appointed.

Simply this hotel was great value for money, it a great location and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Murray Street can be a little noisy due to the street activity.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear RedfernExplorers

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also very much for posting this feedback.

It is fantastic to read how convenient you found the property to your needs while in Perth, I do trust you enjoyed your time here as despite the winter cool there is plenty going on to enjoy at present.

Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Perth sometime very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Ibis Perth is just 2 mins walk from the shopping streets of Perth Cbd! We loved how convenient it was. Train station is just a 10 min walk away. Room was pretty basic but clean, staff at reception were helpful. Would book this hotel if location is key for you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ibisPerthGM, General Manager at ibis Perth, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Cghp

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also for taking the time to post this feedback.

Its fantastic to read how you enjoyed your time in Perth, and that our Ibis was able to contribute to that, im passing on your feedback to the staff to ensure they continue to keep up the great service.

Thank you again and we do hope to see you back here at Ibis Perth sometime in the near future.

Kind regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Poor soundproofing, waken up by noises from the corridor or other rooms every morning, simply too many rooms on one floor, felt like it was a backpacker more than a hotel. Unfriendly staff: never greets u when u walk past the reception or come across them. Reception telephone is often unattended. They promise a 15 min turnaround in request of room service, but always fail to keep their promise, ie they took more than an hour just to bring a bottle of water to my room. Overall terrible experience!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank royyau
Dear Roy Y

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Perth and also for taking the time to provide this feedback, we do rely on such comments to enable us to continually work to improve the standard of experience we offer.

I apologise you were not happy with some aspects of your stay, its disappointing for me to read them as I am sure it was to expereince this, please rest assured I am addressing each point with the team to ensure this does not reoccur, this is far below our usual and expected standard.

Thank you again and I do hope to have the chance to display to you our normal levels of service on your next visit to Perth.