“Riverside Retreat”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was just a quick overnight trip to Perth en route to the Margaret River, could not have asked for a better hotel.

Although slightly out of the city (there is a free government shuttle), the hotel is riverside and affords some lovely views. If you are feeling flush, ask for one of the suites with a private terrace overlooking the river.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed and I especially loved the bed. I was pleased, as Platinum hyatt Passport member to receive a room upgrade and a lovely bottle of WA red in m,y room.

The room has a small sitting area and the bathroom was well equipped, complete with some lovely toiletries.

We ate at the buffet restaurant for dinner on the first night, which had a special Arabic themed promotion. The food was fresh, tasty and well presented and the service very attentive.

Breakfast in the Regency Club was great - with a selection of cold cuts, cheese, pastries and great coffee. Check out was smooth and staff very friendly and helpful throughout my short visit!

Room Tip: Pay extra or a room with a private terrace overlooking the river
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear rachelannmorris
I am pleased you enjoyed your brief overnight visit with us; it’s always good to be able to break the journey to relax and refresh the batteries when travelling long distances. I note that your visit coincided with our Flavours of the Middle East promotion currently running in Cafe through to early August; being based in Doha, I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the Arabic dishes specially prepared by our chefs.
Thank you again for your excellent comments regarding our facilities; as one of our Gold Passport members, we very much value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again should your future travels bring you back to Perth.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Write a ReviewReviews (2,465)

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We had a late flight into Perth from Canberra, before driving down south for the weekend, we arrived at the hotel about 11pm. We were greeted at the entrance immediately & our car was valet parked, and valet informed us that our bags would be delivered to our room. Check in was very quick and easy, which was lovely considering the time of night. We had buffet breakfast the next morning, at $39 person it is expensive, but remembering this is Perth and everything in Perth is more expensive than the eastern states. Check out was great, and our car was delivered in a timely manner and the valet even had time for a quick polite chat which was lovely. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Fiona B

Dear Fiona B
Great to hear that we are able to help you have a much needed rest after a late arrival into Perth so that you could be fully refreshed before continuing your journey the following day. I am pleased you enjoyed your brief visit with us and hope you also had a good trip down south. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you again when perhaps you will be able to stay a little longer and sample more of our facilities.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had a 6:00am flight from Sydney so I got to the Hyatt a 10:00am. They never said a word about being to early check in. It's peaceful, clean, quite and beautiful. I would so come back here anytime. I have been here for only one day and wish I was staying for a week!

Room Tip: All rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Shelley R
Thank you for feedback and I am very pleased that we were able to accommodate your early arrival so that you could get settled in as soon as possible. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your brief time with us and look forward to welcoming you back for a longer visit next time when hopefully you can experience more of what our hotel has to offer.
Adam Myott, General Manger, Hyatt Regency Perth

Reviewed 18 July 2013

King bedroom, Generous size room with the usual writing desk, comfy chair etc. Very restful colours, and the bed comfortable. Great view of the river. Bathroom needs a bit of an update, shower over bath, but good supply of fluffy towels, and amenities. Room was very comfortable. Nice and quiet. All the staff I came in contact with were great, very professional and helpful. Breakfast is wonderful, great selection and attentive staff ensure you always have a hot beverage. Close to central shopping, easy 20min walk, or catch the free bus right outside...couldn't be easier.

Room Tip: Get a river view, very pretty.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kiwimike12
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Kiwimike12
Thank you so much for your feedback – I’m pleased to note you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities and the service provided by our staff throughout your stay. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to our hotel should your future travels bring you back to Perth.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for 10 nights. Disappointing the room only had 2 singles instead of 2 doubles which I would have expected. Breakfast was $39 which I felt was overpriced. But my main concern was housekeeping. Started off quite well with the room being serviced by morning tea but the last 5 or 6 nights it was not serviced until 4.00pm. I was working from the room a lot and it would have been nice to have got it serviced earlier in the day. I asked but kept getting told sorry. One day I was in the room and the young lady was in and out in just 5 minutes and when I went into the bathroom none of the towels had been replaced, the bin hadn't been emptied and none of the toiletries replaced. I thought Oh well I'll wait for turn down, but this didn't happen. When I rang to complain instead of the manager coming to see me they just sent back the same young lady who I then had to deal with.

Room Tip: Our shower was in the bath unlike an earlier review which would have been nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear travel766
Thank you for your feedback. As a long staying guest of ours I appreciate the comments you have made regarding the inconsistencies experienced with regards to the room servicing. Wherever possible we try to work round the needs of our guests and I am sorry if perhaps on this occasion we were not as flexible as you would have liked. Should you choose to stay with us again on a future visit to Perth, I would ask you to please contact our Director of Rooms or Housekeeping Manager to discuss this in more detail so that more suitable arrangements can be made. Please also advise our Reservations team of your preference for a separate bath and shower so that hopefully this preference can also be accommodated.
Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Not bad at all, check-in was easy and no hassles at all. Requested for access of the club lounge room for the 3 nights. The rooms are very spacious and modern. It looks like the hotel had some refurbishments just recently. The beds are comfortable however in room dinning Pizza felt abit cheap in regarding the toppings and quality. Over not a bad hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear FunkyBeat
Many thanks for your feedback and I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the time you spent with us. Sorry to hear that the pizza you ordered was not quite up to expectations – I have passed your comments to our Executive Chef for his information and follow up.
I hope you will choose to stay with us should your future travels bring you back to Perth.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Great room, large, well appointed with huge shower (so no climbing into a bath at 8 months pregnant!). Breakfast and dinner were fantastic. Service was good and staff were friendly. I hope I can stay here again soon.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear eclare19
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and all the very best for the imminent new edition to your family.