“Clean & Friendly”

Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Livermore, California
“Clean & Friendly”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was my first trip to Perth and yes I would return..
I paid $269.00 for one night, The room was very nice & clean..
After our 19 hour plane ride we just wanted to SLEEP....... So we didn't eat at the hotel
or have any spa treatment..

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear mrstravelbug_12
Pleased to hear that, although brief, your time with us was spent relaxing and catching up on much needed sleep after such a long flight. Hopefully you will consider staying with us again when you can enjoy a longer visit and get to experience more of our facilities and services.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
sydney
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

as a reasonably frequent guest at the perth hyatt, it once again this stay is a kind of strange, neither great nor bad experience. my room, with a view over the roof of the adjacent building to the river , is perfectly fine. dinner from Joe's Diner was tasty and prompt. even got someone to iron a shirt for my meetings tomorrow, back in a couple of hours. but i think the problem is the obviously temp staff at check in - utterly clueless, have no discretion nor ability to make a decision about anything. perhaps it really is that hard to get good staff in WA. be assured, this is a comfortable and pleasant hotel, it just lacks any pizzazz, any sense of being enjoyable, unlike hyatt melbourne , which always opens the check in conversation with a " welcome back, nice to see you" the perth hyatt reception always seems shocked that anyone has arrived, and no recognition for any , many , prior stays, small annoyances, yes, but when the room rates are still 50% more than comp. hotels in sydney and melbourne, you might hope all that excess revenue might be spent, even in a small way, on providing a better guest experience....

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear PeterDorrian
As a regular guest of ours I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and I am concerned to note your experience with us to date has been somewhat ‘average’, particularly in respect of your interaction with some of our staff. I’ll certainly follow this up with my team as our main focus is to ensure we provide authentic hospitality and a great experience for everyone that stays with us. I hope you will choose to stay with us when you are next in Perth.
Attadale, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Having tried most of the hotels in perth, I find that this is consistently one of the best options.

Good location near the river, albeit at the quiet end of town.

Good selection of restaurants and bars.

Nice room, although lacking warmth.

Few complaints other than the fact that the plumbing system is noisy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Peter B
Many thanks for your feedback, it’s good to know that you enjoy staying with us and have been able to experience the various facilities we have to offer. Sorry for the noise disturbance – our Engineering team are looking at ways to minimise this. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Perth
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Took advantage of a special that the hotel were offering.
Included good credit for $99 in the rate of $199.
Ate in Joes Diner,the food and service were really good.
Downside was breakfast in the hotel cafe,hot food kept under lamps tended to be lukewarm.very pleasant stay,would do it again

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin H
Dear Martin H
Great to see that you took advantage of one of our weekend specials, however disappointing to note that breakfast in Cafe didn’t live up to the rest of your experience; I’ll let our Executive Chef know. Pleased to note that you would choose to stay with us again and we therefore look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Perth
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I decided on a one night stay at the Hyatt Perth. We found the stay comfortable and service reasonable. The room was fine, however, the bathroom is tired. Upon check out after my wife paid the account I was advised my Visa had previously been debited over $300 by the hotel without my approval or signature and I would receive a credit back in several days. I asked for an explanation which was treated with indifference by the check out reception staff member. I left my details for the Hyatt customer relations manager to call me to explain why the hotel had a practice of charging a guests Visa account without prior advice or approval. We were given an unfriendly goodbye from reception and I have not been contacted by the Hyatt customer relations manager.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sjbsteven
Dear sjbsteven
Thank you very much for your feedback. Clearly you experienced some issues during your visit and I am very sorry that to date there has been no follow up. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you and would therefore ask you to please email me on hrperth.gm@hyatt.com and let me have your contact details.
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We booked a suit hoping it might be comfortable but it was furnished like a teenagers rental home. It was sparse, ridiculously under furnished and odd. I would just book a normal room in future. The exec club lounge is very worthwhile

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Regularhotelient
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry you were disappointed with the accommodation on this occasion; we do have several styles of suites available however, I acknowledge the comments made and have passed them to our Director of Rooms for his information. Pleased to hear that you enjoyed the benefits of the Regency Club Lounge and hope you will consider staying with us again on a future occasion.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This place is a bit like the curates egg, good in parts but somehow misses the point. The building itself is a bit of a dated 80's icon, big sweeping balconies etc. The rooms are spacious and clean but a bit dated. Worst part was being woken up by the noise of the plumbing from adjacent rooms. A toilet flushing or god forbid a bath emptying is like hearing Niagra Falls. The service was also a bit hit and miss

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MidlandsArttravel
Many thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you had a mixed experience with us this time; I’ll follow up on the specific issues you raised with my team. Whilst there’s little we can do in terms of the hotel’s exterior, we are always looking to make improvements to our product and in this regard we will shortly be undertaking further soft upgrades in some of our guest rooms.
Thanks again for posting your review and I hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Perth.