“Close to everything, friendly staff, spacious rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Perth

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Close to everything, friendly staff, spacious rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed here after a marathon 24 hour flight from the UK. The check in staff were very personable and upgraded us (I think her name was Lauren?). The room had a nice view of the perth river and was a lot bigger than expected. We also received a complimentary red and some fruit. The hotel acts as a sort of conference centre in the daytime so there was always activity around the place. Wish we had more time to enjoy the hotel as we were on a tight time frame. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elisabeth M
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Elisabath M
Great to hear you enjoyed your brief stay with us and hope you managed to rest well after your long flight and that you had a good visit to Perth. So pleased to see you would choose to stay with us on a future visit Down Under and I hope you will have more time to relax and enjoy the various facilities we have to offer on that occasion.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed in a Club Executive Spa Suite recently on a Saturday night, this cost close to $600, so I was expecting it to be pretty special!
Upon entrance the hotel looks outdated, had to pay $38 for valet service! The staff at the front desk were very friendly and swiftly checked us in.
The room was outdated, the furniture was old and there were stains and marks on the carpet, but it was incredibly clean! The room is a fantastic size! The bathroom and second toilet were also very clean, and the main bathroom was very large with nice fittings! The view from the room was a bit of a let down, we a had a city view, but it wasn't very pretty!
We went to pre-dinner drinks and canapes, this was a bit of a let down compared to other executive/club rooms, no hot food was served, and the food available was quite basic. There was a great drink selection though.
Ordered some late night room service once we returned to the room, the food was lovely and quite well priced, they also did not charge a room service fee which is nice to see.
Breakfast in the club room was pleasant, but again no hot food selection, instead you can get a discounted rate on the full breakfast buffet in the cafe downstairs, but what's the point in having a club room if that's the expectation? Most peope get club rooms to avoid noisy crowds in the main areas of the hotel.
Overall - not a bad stay, there is room for improvement though, and the prices should be reviewed for what you get included!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a river view room! Don't expect the club lounge to be like other hotels!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Danik_wa
Thank you very much for your feedback, which is greatly appreciated. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, however certainly acknowledge the comments made. Unlike other Hyatt brands, such as Park or Grand, it is not our normal ‘brand standard’ to provide hot food as part of our canapé or breakfast selections; having said this, however, there are occasions when we do offer hot ‘tasters’ from our restaurants, particularly when we have special promotions running. We are always looking at ways to enhance our guest experience and I will certainly pass your feedback on to our Executive Chef.
Once again, my thanks for taking the time to share your views and I hope you will choose to stay with us again when you are looking for another mini break away from home.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hyatt for our anniversary. Specifically asked in the booking information to have a bottle of house sparkling to be delivered to the room upon our arrival. Shame they don't read the booking details clearly, as It never arrived.

Hotel room was nice but was noisy all night & screaming kids in the corridors at 6am, until a guest actually came out of his room and told them to be quiet.

For the price (which doesn't include breakfast) I would say it's ok, but service wise and price, there could be better deals out there.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Zander888
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your anniversary although I’m really sorry you didn’t receive the sparkling wine you had requested, which would certainly have added to your celebrations. Oversights like this shouldn’t happen and we’ll follow this up with the team to ensure greater attention is paid to all special requests to avoid unnecessary disappointments. I am sure that the early awakening would also have been an added frustration for you and regret this was the case. I hope you will still consider staying with us on a future occasion and perhaps at that time you may wish to look at the various inclusive packages we have are available; these can be found on our website, or one of our Reservations team would be happy to assist.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Recently stayed at Hyatt Regency for a business trip and was quite disappointed with the appearance of the hotel in general. The rooms are very outdated, especially the bathrooms, and could do with a big refurb! While it wasn't "dirty" everything appeared old and rusty which doesn't exude 4 star quality.

Ordered in room dining and the food was great. Very tasty and delivered within a reasonable time frame. The buffet breakfast was also a positive with a wide variety. The staff are friendly and the kitchen (for both dinner and breakfast) were very accommodating for gluten free options.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen M
Dear Karen M
Many thanks for your review and I am sorry you were disappointed with the presentation of the hotel. Updating our product is a continual process and now that we have completed the major roof replacement project, our focus has shifted to other areas of the hotel and we are currently planning our next round of upgrades, which should also include bathrooms.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay with us and hope you may consider staying with us on a future visit to Perth
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Got attacked by bed bugs in room 539. Service is good - helpful business centre, friendly front desk and attentive waiters at the restaurants. Not sure it can compensate for old furniture and bed bugs.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lym7
Dear lym7
Thank you for your review and also for your earlier email regarding this issue, which we received after you had checked out. As soon as we learned there was a possible issue, we immediately arranged for a professional pest control company to inspect room 539 and their review concluded there was no evidence of pest activity; I will expand on this further in my email reply to you shortly.
This aside, I am pleased that you enjoyed the quality of food and level of service provided during your stay.
Fremantle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

After going to countless events here over the years it was my turn to finally stay at the Hyatt.

I scored a Club Suite on lastminute.com.au as part of their five star mystery booking. Upon arrival, I was given a free late checkout of 12pm by a very friendly and cheerful lady at the service desk.

The room was massive and kind of reminded me of a place a businessman would stay. Very beige and large. I was surprised by the small bathroom though and thought it would have had a bath? I guess businessmen don't like baths? Haha.

I have to admit I was extremely underwhelmed by the pool area. It is in dire need of a facelift. Brown bricks and astro turf.. hello 1970!

My favourite part of this hotel experience was the HAPPY HOUR! Drinks, canapes, cheese, more cheese, more drinks.. all while admiring a very nice view of the Perth foreshore. By the time I made it to the awards night I was fizzing with champagne power.

The room service was reasonably priced and fast (even at 2am, when I ordered the pizza) and the delicious buffet breakfast and late checkout were a welcome relief from the residuals of the prior night's celebratory behaviour.

Do not forget to pay for your parking before you leave though. I did and had to awkwardly drive the wrong way back through the carpark. Blonde moment FAIL.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Katoxo
Pleased to see you finally got to stay at the hotel rather than just attending an event – I personally think it’s a great way to finish a fun evening rather than having to drive home. Glad you enjoyed the Regency Club and its added benefits; it’s a lovely spot to relax and take in views of the river, especially at night when everything is lit up - a great outlook.
Many thanks for your feedback and I hope you will think of staying with us again for any future events you may attend at the hotel.
NZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Located in East Perth it's not that close to many things.

We got an excellent package with parking and breakfast. Breakfast was a full affair with café style coffee and everything from bacon to waffles.

Parking was difficult; if an parking employee hadn't told me I could park in the 'doctor's carpark' I would have been in trouble finding somewhere.

Our air conditioner wasn't working so we had a technician look at it. He informed us that it was working enough to cool the room down by when we returned but unfortunately we spent a very hot night.

Room Tip: If the room has a problem ask to be moved to a new room; don't presume it will come right.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear miaZma
Thank you for your feedback. It’s good to see you were able to enjoy one of our inclusive accommodation packages. I would, however, like to apologise for the issues you encountered; we have a large car park area under the hotel and whilst a few bays belong to companies in the Fortescue Centre, the majority are available for guest parking - I will therefore follow this up with my team. Likewise, if there are problems with a guest room, we do offer a room move wherever possible and I am sorry if the temperature did not cool down as much as you had hoped on this occasion.
I hope you will choose to stay with us again on any future visit to Perth.