Hyatt Regency Perth
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)
Great 4.5/5
2,628 results
All reviewsoriental dinerswan riverthe club loungeself parkinga river view roomroom serviceadelaide terraceking roombuffet breakfastbit datedan upgradefree busescity centrecar parkatriumjoesconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2013

In town for a wedding, we chose the Hyatt Regency based on other reviews and the proximity to the wedding. The hotel itself is quite nice, however the layout is very strange, with the location of the lifts requiring you to walk a long way out of your way to get to your room.

The room was a decent size, with nothing of note, but also nothing really to be disappointed with. Our only complaint was that the hot and cold taps on the basin and shower had been installed the wrong way around (ie cold was on the left, hot on the right). Whilst we figured this out quite quickly and managed, it would be far more difficult for children and/or visually impaired people to deal with. We mentioned this to staff a couple of times, and they really didn't seem interested, so I doubt that this has been fixed.

The room rate also included breakfast, which was fine, but nothing to rave about. The large atrium roof in their lobby also obviously makes it difficult to maintain a comfortable temperature, with it being freezing cold at the bar and the front part of the restaurant. We had to make sure we were seated at the rear, to make sure we weren't too cold.

The location is quite good, within walking distance to shops, bars and restaurants. There weren't too many options in Perth at this level and the Hyatt Regency is a decent choice, however it isn't much of a standout, it's just a hotel....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MC-7
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear MC-7
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for the feedback you have provided, which is greatly appreciated. I am a bit concerned regarding the tap issue – it is a plumbing standard that hot is right and cold is left and it’s disappointing that no-one seemed to pick up on this when you told them. I would therefore be grateful if you could please contact me on hrperth.gm@hyatt.com to let me know which room you stayed in so I can have our Engineering Department check this out.
I hope you will consider staying with us again on any future trip across the Nullarboor.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here with my husband in November as my husband had his Christmas Dinner party in town. Got there for check in time and then It took 2 hours before we could get to our room, waiting around, TERRIBLE SERVICE for a 5 star hotel! The room we finally got was very dated, more like 3 star! The only part of the hotel I would recommend is the breakfast, excellent pleasant happy staff with a great service. I did make my comments known to the hotel and the reply I got was that they would try better next time! My advice would be stay in a different hotel. Many to choose from especially the price we paid.

Room Tip: Ocean view room has lovely views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brockham

Dear Brockham
Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry that your visit got off on the wrong foot due to your room not being ready when you arrived. Whilst we turn our rooms round as quickly as possible so that they are ready for incoming guests, when this is not achieved, we do try to minimise the length of time guests have to wait and I once again apologise for the unexpected delay on this occasion.
On a more positive note, I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and hope you may consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for the Australia v England Test match - the hotel's proximity to the WACA is ideal. Other than that, there's not much to get excited about: it's a run-of-the-mill, largely anonymous business hotel ... you could be in any city in the world. The rooms were fine, the breakfast buffet distinctly average and the concierge service hit-and-miss. On a point of detail, the 1.5% credit card surcharge upon checkout rankled. Fine, but don't expect anything special.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BenHud

Dear BenHud
Many thanks for your comments and for choosing to stay with us for the Ashes test series – given the excessive temperatures Perth experienced during this match, I’m sure you were glad it was only a short walk back to the hotel for some welcome relief! I’m sorry if our Concierge service was a bit hit and miss –this certainly shouldn’t be the case and I’ve asked our Director of Rooms to follow this up with his team.
I hope you may consider staying with us again on any future visits to Perth.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed here after a marathon 24 hour flight from the UK. The check in staff were very personable and upgraded us (I think her name was Lauren?). The room had a nice view of the perth river and was a lot bigger than expected. We also received a complimentary red and some fruit. The hotel acts as a sort of conference centre in the daytime so there was always activity around the place. Wish we had more time to enjoy the hotel as we were on a tight time frame. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elisabeth M

Dear Elisabath M
Great to hear you enjoyed your brief stay with us and hope you managed to rest well after your long flight and that you had a good visit to Perth. So pleased to see you would choose to stay with us on a future visit Down Under and I hope you will have more time to relax and enjoy the various facilities we have to offer on that occasion.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed in a Club Executive Spa Suite recently on a Saturday night, this cost close to $600, so I was expecting it to be pretty special!
Upon entrance the hotel looks outdated, had to pay $38 for valet service! The staff at the front desk were very friendly and swiftly checked us in.
The room was outdated, the furniture was old and there were stains and marks on the carpet, but it was incredibly clean! The room is a fantastic size! The bathroom and second toilet were also very clean, and the main bathroom was very large with nice fittings! The view from the room was a bit of a let down, we a had a city view, but it wasn't very pretty!
We went to pre-dinner drinks and canapes, this was a bit of a let down compared to other executive/club rooms, no hot food was served, and the food available was quite basic. There was a great drink selection though.
Ordered some late night room service once we returned to the room, the food was lovely and quite well priced, they also did not charge a room service fee which is nice to see.
Breakfast in the club room was pleasant, but again no hot food selection, instead you can get a discounted rate on the full breakfast buffet in the cafe downstairs, but what's the point in having a club room if that's the expectation? Most peope get club rooms to avoid noisy crowds in the main areas of the hotel.
Overall - not a bad stay, there is room for improvement though, and the prices should be reviewed for what you get included!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a river view room! Don't expect the club lounge to be like other hotels!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Danik_wa
Thank you very much for your feedback, which is greatly appreciated. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, however certainly acknowledge the comments made. Unlike other Hyatt brands, such as Park or Grand, it is not our normal ‘brand standard’ to provide hot food as part of our canapé or breakfast selections; having said this, however, there are occasions when we do offer hot ‘tasters’ from our restaurants, particularly when we have special promotions running. We are always looking at ways to enhance our guest experience and I will certainly pass your feedback on to our Executive Chef.
Once again, my thanks for taking the time to share your views and I hope you will choose to stay with us again when you are looking for another mini break away from home.