“Good stay if you want to be in the city”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few days in early February. I understand that it’s not quite central to Perth’s business centre. I also didn’t walk around its neighbourhood. I caught taxis to work meetings. You will probably find another hotel closer to your meeting if on business. But I did really enjoy my stay there. Firstly, I was upgraded to a river view room and it was comfortable. The bedding and bed was so comfortable. No complaints. Service was good. Breakfast selection was reasonable for a five star hotel but not outstanding – just rating against other five star hotels. All good and I believe absolutely the best place to stay in Perth when on business or want to stay in the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear ZSEF
Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased that that you enjoyed your time with us and that we met your requirements whilst away from home for business. In terms of getting into the city, we also operate a complimentary weekday morning shuttle service in and around the CBD, which may be another option for you to consider on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Perth

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

It was our first time staying here & we were very impressed! The high level of customer service provided by staff at all times, was so great to see! How rare it is these days! The Hyatt Perth's exceptionally high level of customer service, really makes them superior & stand out! Upon checking in, the lady receptionist that served us was so warm, friendly, welcoming & helpful. The cafe staff on both our visits there were amazing! Again, so warm, friendly, welcoming, helpful & accommodating! The food on offer in the cafe is also AMAZING! Presented so beautifully, such a wide selection on offer & delicious. Highly recommend the buffet breakfast, the best we've ever had anywhere! There's a wide variety of food on offer, there's even gluten free options and foods we've never seen at breakfast buffets before! So impressive! There's even a variety of different juices on offer instead of the usual 3 you find elsewhere. They've really thought of everything and no one could possibly be left looking for more! The chefs even greeted all customers at the buffet counters! I'm in love with this cafe and can't wait to return! When checking out, again the gentlemen server was great providing such fantastic customer service! He was so cheery, friendly, uplifting and even comical. Just what we needed as we were sad having to leave. The only possible improvement I'd say the hotel needs to make, is regarding house keeping. We had requested a roll away bed upon booking and discovered it wasn't in the room. We phoned housekeeping & after a very long wait it finally arrived. We went to bath our toddler and had no bath plug. We phoned and requested one and again it was a really long wait to have one brought to us. Our toddler had fallen asleep and missed out on his bath. House keeping needs to be more organised/prompt. Perhaps more staff are needed? But that really was the only let downs, otherwise I highly recommend staying here!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014

Dear jayla7
I am delighted to see that – with the exception of one area - we made such a positive impression for your fist visit and thank you so much for your great feedback. Really pleased you enjoyed the variety of food options in Cafe – we are very conscious of trying to cater for as many dietary requirements as possible and I’m sure our chefs will be thrilled to read your glowing review. I’m really sorry that the same couldn’t be said of our Housekeeping on this occasion – disappointing to note the rollaway oversight and the lengthy delays experienced; I will pass this on to our Housekeeping Manager so he can follow this up with his team. Despite this aspect, it’s great to see you can’t wait to return, particularly to Cafe, and we hope it’s not too long before we can welcome you back.
Adam Myott, General Manger, Hyatt Regency Perth

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Typical Hyatt service, staff helpful and welcoming including back of house staff- this shows good and in depth leadership from management resulting in a better guest experience. The building is a bit dated and unlike their competitors they don't do a hot breakfast in the club lounge but the cont. brekky is very good.
The gym is small but well appointed and the pool surprisingly big. Business centre is well appointed and there are numerous function rooms.
The beds are very comfortable, rooms fairly quiet although plumbing a bit noisy. All in all a great stay, will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Rodkat
Good to see you experienced ‘the Hyatt touch’ during your visit and any thanks for your comments regarding our various facilities which are greatly appreciated. In keeping with our Regency brand we don’t actually provide a hot breakfast in the Regency Club Lounge, however arrangements can easily be made for guests who prefer this option to enjoy a full breakfast in our Cafe restaurant for a modest premium.
I am pleased you would choose to stay with us again, and we therefore look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great location and excellent room service.

Stayed here for 2 nights in an excellent "Swan River" view room. Rooms are spacious and bathrooms were clean. I found staff friendly and prompt. We stayed at club floor room and used club services. Breakfast served was good and you can enjoy some of great variety of cookies available through out the day.
You can catch buses right from hotel's outside.Bus service is free for city Zoo, Kings Park and other areas close to hotel (Check CAT service route information).

Overall a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Don't miss a walk along Swan River.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rinki2014

Dear Rinki2014
Pleased to hear you spent a pleasant couple of days with us and thank you very much for your feedback. Good to see you were able to stay on our Regency Club level and no doubt you also enjoyed the view of our beautiful Swan River from the comfort of the Lounge.
I hope you will consider staying with us again should your future travels bring you back to our great city.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Great location, great rooms, excellent room service - always on time and coffee always hot - something not all hotels can manage when delivering to rooms. Helpful staff and nothing too much of a problem.

Room Tip: I was in a riverview room and that was lovely
Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Svetlana J
Thank you very much for your great feedback, particularly regarding our Room Service team and hotel staff in general; this is much appreciated.
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back on your next visit to WA.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here 8 nights in a 9th floor Club River View room. Check in was speedy and efficient. Room very well appointed and view excellent. One minor problem was our room 938 which is situated next to a suite, has a connecting door which on one particular night there was a lot of noise from the suite occupants, so a room without a connecting door may be better option.

The Club facilities for breakfast were closed in January and we had to take breakfast in the main restaurant which is not what we expected or paid for. The main restaurant was very busy at weekends and we had to queue to get in on one occasion. No reason was given as to why the club room was closed. However we did manage to breakfast in the club for two mornings in February and this was excellent. The canapés offered in the evening from 6-8pm were exceptional as was the many top ups of our drinks! The staff in Regency Club were very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian C

Dear Brian C
Many thanks for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed the several nights you stayed with us. I appreciate your comments regarding the room; for any future visits, please let our Reservations team know you would prefer a non-connecting room so this can also be updated in your guest profile.
I am sorry that the Regency Club wasn’t available for breakfast for the duration of your visit, this was purely a temporary arrangement for January and I am pleased you were able to enjoy the full facilities in the Lounge towards the end of your time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed in hyatt regency from 25th January till 30th January and must say that I am very disappointed at the housekeeping of the hotel.After checking in, I went to my room and it smelled.Turning on the airconditioner got rid of the smell but however on checking the room, I discovered that there were no bottles of complimentary water.Because it was an extremely hot day, I needed the water so advised the concierge who got a staff to deliver the water to me.The next day was no better as the cleaner threw away my box of dental floss while cleaning the bathroom.I have lived in many hotels and this is the first time I have encountered that.Besides that, I discovered the bathrobe to be dirty and I noticed when I left it to be cleaned, it was exchanged for a cleaner robe but folded and left on the armchair.I am quite shocked as for a five star hotel one would expect better housekeeping than this.Besides that, I am not impressed by the breakfast in the Cafe.I noticed a cook using her hands without gloves when pushing the pikelets to the side to add more pikelets.Also the water jug is always empty on the buffet and I had to ask for more salmon and only got a rude response from an asian waitress.The cafe took forever to get me my coffee and I had to ask more than once for it.i stay annually at different Hyatts and after the excellent service and breakfasts at Park Hyatt Canberra, I must say this Hotel is a real let down.The only plus side of this hotel was that the Front Desk staff were very helpful and did their best to assist me

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank fifi88828
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear fifi88828
Thank you for your detailed feedback which is very much appreciated. Clearly you did not have a good experience with us on this occasion and I am sorry that this was the case, especially when compared with your recent visit to our sister hotel in Canberra. There are several issues you have highlighted that require our follow up and I certainly apologise for the inconsistencies and shortfalls in our service standards that you encountered during your time with us. I am pleased that your Front Office were able to assist and make a more positive impression on you and hope that you may consider staying with us again on a future occasion.