“Great hotel and city!”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Keller, Texas
“Great hotel and city!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

You won't be let down by this Hyatt or the city! As usual, it has the great, comfy beds I love! The outdoor heated pool is huge! The fitness center has anything you need to workout! The staff was very nice and was always there to help!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear C M
Many thanks for your great feedback. It’s good to see you enjoyed your time with us and made good use of our pool and fitness centre. We hope you will choose to stay with us again when you next visit this part of the world.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst in transit from Auckland to London. I arrived at the hotel at approximately 17:30 and checked in. The young lady who checked me in was nice enough, however, she was a little vacant. I found it outrageous that a hotel with such a good reputation did not offer any shuttle service to and from the airport. I had called ahead before I arrived and was advised there was a shuttle service I could book through the hotel. the receptionist knew nothing of this, so she asked the concierge to pop the details on a piece of paper and put it under my door. I went up to the room, which was very clean and comfortable and the two bottles of complimentary water was a nice touch. I went out for dinner in Perth and got back at approximately 21:30. The shuttle details had not emerged. I went down to see the concierge and was greeted by a very rude young man who felt it was a good idea to talk over the top of me. Turns out, the shuttle departed from a hotel up the road every hour on the hour. Considering I had to be at the airport for 05:30, I did not fancy getting there super early so opted for a taxi - cost was approximately AUD $46.
The office facilities at the hotel are great. I was able to use the PC to check in online and print out my ticket, at no extra cost.
The bathroom was clean and adequate. The toiletries supplied were excellent.
There were several functions in the hotel that night - I stayed on a Saturday - which meant there was quite a lot of noise. Well, when I say noice, I mean music from the functions. So not ideal for someone with an early flight. I am unsure if there were quieter rooms available.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
All in all, the hotel is very clean and well presented - even if a little dated. However, I walked away feeling like I did not want to stay there again, especially at £150 per night. I actually felt quite disappointed. I felt the customer service offered was empty and insincere, however, that was the general impression I got from Perth.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear atufuga
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Whilst it’s good to note that your brief stopover served its purpose in breaking your journey, I am naturally disappointed that your contact with some of our staff was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to provide authentic hospitality, and genuine guest interaction is vital in helping us achieve this; in light of your comments, there are clearly areas we need to address.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I hope you may consider returning to Perth – and our hotel – on a future occasion when hopefully we can create a better experience for you.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Though the rates are on the higher side, rooms are good.
We stayed in the Club rooms, the staffs were good enough and cooperative. This hotel is located in centre where it is easy to communicate to other places in Perth. Housekeeping was good

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear amelie w
Many thanks for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your few days with us. Hopefully you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Perth.
Sydney
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just completed a 10 night stay here for business and it could not have chosen a better hotel to stay in Perth (trust me I have stayed at nearly all of them and do 90+ nights a year at hotels)

I was upgraded to a suite (as a regular and long term stay) and was given discounts for food, parking and laundry.

When staying on business there are a few excellent things about this hotel:

1. The room service menu is one of the best in Perth as it also uses some of the other restaurants food allowing for great variety and prices are great - not many 5* hotels have no tray charge, no service charge and if you want that $11 bowl of ice cream - that is all it costs.

2. The fitness centre is 24/7 - unlike most hotels in Perth and the location is perfect for those who want to go for a jog along the river

3. The executive lounge (I got access as a diamond member of Hyatt) is one of the best Regency Clubs you will find, and whilst not on par with say a Grand Club or Park Hyatt Club lounge, the views and range of food/drink are excellent.

4. Whilst it is in East Perth all buses right out the front door are free into the city and West Perth

5. The hotel is spacious, open and bright (glass roof) (and I think the architecture is great but that is subjective) - which is so nice rather than those dark hallways. Although it can be a little noisy on Friday/Sat afternoon/evening when high tea is on as the sound travels up all the floors

6. Staff were attentive and friendly (this has improved over the last 12 months), and whilst not as polished as you would expect in Melbourne or Sydney - it is very good for Perth.

7. The rooms are big and modern - although some of the bathrooms can look a little tired if you don't get one of the fully refurbed ones.

It has become my hotel of choice in Perth - although be warned Perth can get very busy and expensive if you book last minute for mid week ($450+ per night!), so sometimes even I have to stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: A tip for longer term stayers - the laundry is very pricy (like most hotels) but there is a "wa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Pyrmont_Traveller
Many thanks for your extensive review and I am naturally delighted we have become your hotel of choice in Perth. As a long stay and regular Gold Passport guest of ours, you obviously have been able to experience most of our facilities and I really appreciate your observations; it’s good to know that we meet all your needs while travelling away from home – although per your comments there is always room for improvement - and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hotel facade looks dated. Stayed over Christmas of 2013 and the breakfast the next day was wonderful.

Superior Rooms were well appointed, clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and polite, service was good not great.

Pool area was clean but looked somewhat old. All in all, a good hotel in Perth city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sjsjsjsjsj
Dear Sjsjsjsjsj
Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the festive season and I’m pleased that you enjoyed the time you spent with us. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.
Sydney
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Perth while speaking at a 2-day conference. The hotel is a little dated but not tired. The fit-out, the room and the facilities could do with an update. But that is not to say that they weren't comfortable or in any way inadequate. In fact, they were great, but just look a little dated.

The only criticisms that I have are:

(1) Finding a power-point to plug in phone charger and laptop as well as the kettle was a bit of a challenge.

(2) There was an old-fashioned clock on the bedside table, which wasn't electronic. This meant it did not glow in the dark. You need to turn on a light to see the time. Not always a good idea....

The only other "down-side" is that it is in the "dead-end" of town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear GeorgeParam
Many thanks for your reiew and I am pleased you had a comfortable stay with us. Refurbishment is an on-going process and we are continually looking at ways to improve our product; it’s always good to get the guest’s perspective in this regard and therefore appreciate the specific observations you’ve made.
I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Perth.
Suffolk
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 days overall. The room was spacious, the bed very comfortable, the towels changed twice daily despite hanging them up so they do not get changed. It is a largish corporate hotel, it does the job. One is not going to get a personal service but it was clean, pleasant and comfortable. The pool is fab and lovely to swim in. The restaurant where one has breakfast is in my opinion, overpriced and poor. There is no one taking responsibility for it, so it runs out of bread, plates etc. no one smiles, which tells you this is not a happy ship. On the one day I had breakfast alone the service was appalling. The other days it was a little better. Terribly expensive for what is on offer.

The staff in the bar seem to be much better and very helpful. Though I have to say the food was not up to standard. Overall a relatively positive experience......would I go back? Probably not.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Atinkerbel
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your comments regarding our Cafe restaurant are certainly appreciated, albeit of concern that it was not a particularly good experience for you; clearly something I will need to look into with my management team as to why this should be the case.
Once again, my thanks for your review and I hope you may consider staying with us again should your future travels bring you back to Perth.