“Relax & good atmosphere”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located nearby the Swan river which is very nice & can see from our room. The cafe is wonderful with variety of food. The chef is flexible to our demand eventhough most of the items are available on the buffet line. The hotel is spacious and roomy. The room is comfortable for 2 guests and good condition. We are very happy with the service & staffs. We'll definitely stay in this hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Keen_bird

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed one night at the Perth Hyatt after coming off of a cruise and before leaving for Alice Springs. Bell Staff and Front Desk were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Diamond status was recognized.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of downtown and the busses that run in this section of the city are free. Rooms are largely identical in layout, standard Hyatt decor and offer either city or river views.

The lounge on the Club Level puts out a very nice breakfast and snack selection. We ate dinner at Joe's Oriental Diner. Enjoyed the food and service.

All in all a much more pleasant experience than the Park Hyatt Sydney.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LostonLanai
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I guess you get what you pay for here. The rooms are of good size, the interior felt light and modern although the bathroom was a little disappointing.

The bell desk staff and valet parking were really really good, and staff are generally positive. Its a bit expensive to stay, but it is known as one of the better places to stay when in perth.

Its not as good a location as other hotels, but generally if you can afford to stay here, you can afford the taxis to go to and from places you need. The lobby is big, and spacious, and the bar is a great place to meet and the buffet is pretty good value for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Its what you expect from a hyatt, and it definitely does the job.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jwmcdonald81
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear jwcmdonald81
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay and I am pleased to that for the most part you enjoyed the time you spent with us . I note you were in Perth on business and would advise that, as an alternative to taxis, the hotel also operates a complimentary city shuttle service every weekday morning within the CBD; hopefully you will be able to take advantage of this should you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We visited the Hyatt as a family. From the moment we arrived the service was poor. The doorman would not let us leave our car at the front while we carried our bags in unless we paid a $35 valet fee. This would have been ok, had there been bell boys for the luggage. Although we arrived at 8pm our rooms were not ready and I was told that breakfast and wifi were not included in our rate. Finally we got out rooms and they were noisy from the band playing in the lobby. We called reception about possibly moving room and they said that they would move us, but the sound bounces off the atrium roof and all rooms are noisy on Saturday nights!

Finally, we checked out and we're told that breakfast and wifi were included.

There are many good hotels in Perth with good service, and we'd recommend you look at other options.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank AussieBlazers

Dear AussieBlazers
Thank you very much for your feedback and I am sorry that you had such a poor experience with us. Clearly your first impression of the hotel was not a good one and the fact your room was not ready -despite the hour – would not have helped; I am not sure why this would have been the case and will follow this up with our Housekeeping Manager. I would certainly welcome any other observations you may be willing to share regarding your visit; this being the case, please feel free to email me on hrperth.gm@hyatt.com

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is for the discerning traveller, very comfortable and stylish and the the club room is worth the extra as the private lounge is a real bonus with an excellent view. The Hyatt Regency is well located, has good parking and is value for money.

Room Tip: Club room with river view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cariblaan
Thank you very much for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us – especially the added benefits that come with our Regency Club accommodation, one of which is certainly the wonderful view over the Swan River as you rightly state. We hope you will choose to stay with us again when you next travel across to WA.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

You won't be let down by this Hyatt or the city! As usual, it has the great, comfy beds I love! The outdoor heated pool is huge! The fitness center has anything you need to workout! The staff was very nice and was always there to help!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear C M
Many thanks for your great feedback. It’s good to see you enjoyed your time with us and made good use of our pool and fitness centre. We hope you will choose to stay with us again when you next visit this part of the world.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst in transit from Auckland to London. I arrived at the hotel at approximately 17:30 and checked in. The young lady who checked me in was nice enough, however, she was a little vacant. I found it outrageous that a hotel with such a good reputation did not offer any shuttle service to and from the airport. I had called ahead before I arrived and was advised there was a shuttle service I could book through the hotel. the receptionist knew nothing of this, so she asked the concierge to pop the details on a piece of paper and put it under my door. I went up to the room, which was very clean and comfortable and the two bottles of complimentary water was a nice touch. I went out for dinner in Perth and got back at approximately 21:30. The shuttle details had not emerged. I went down to see the concierge and was greeted by a very rude young man who felt it was a good idea to talk over the top of me. Turns out, the shuttle departed from a hotel up the road every hour on the hour. Considering I had to be at the airport for 05:30, I did not fancy getting there super early so opted for a taxi - cost was approximately AUD $46.
The office facilities at the hotel are great. I was able to use the PC to check in online and print out my ticket, at no extra cost.
The bathroom was clean and adequate. The toiletries supplied were excellent.
There were several functions in the hotel that night - I stayed on a Saturday - which meant there was quite a lot of noise. Well, when I say noice, I mean music from the functions. So not ideal for someone with an early flight. I am unsure if there were quieter rooms available.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
All in all, the hotel is very clean and well presented - even if a little dated. However, I walked away feeling like I did not want to stay there again, especially at £150 per night. I actually felt quite disappointed. I felt the customer service offered was empty and insincere, however, that was the general impression I got from Perth.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear atufuga
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Whilst it’s good to note that your brief stopover served its purpose in breaking your journey, I am naturally disappointed that your contact with some of our staff was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to provide authentic hospitality, and genuine guest interaction is vital in helping us achieve this; in light of your comments, there are clearly areas we need to address.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I hope you may consider returning to Perth – and our hotel – on a future occasion when hopefully we can create a better experience for you.