“Weekend escape”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth
“Weekend escape”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Lovely hotel with great service and one of the nicest breakfasts we have had in a Perth Hotel will definitely stay there again
Very handy if you want somewhere quiet and the free undercover parking is a plus as most hotels you have to park around the corner here we had free parking so we were most impressed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear DukePerth
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for your great feedback – particularly regarding your breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back when you treat yourselves to another mini break .
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Airlie Beach
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while visiting family in Perth. It was our first night away from our baby girl - family looked after her for the night and we had such a nice night here. The staff were friendly and professional to deal with upon check in and check out, and the rooms were nice and clean. Would stay here again if we were back in the Perth area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Sarah W
So pleased your time with us was enjoyable and many thanks for your feedback, which is very much appreciated. We hope it won’t be too long before you travel to Perth and look forward to welcoming you back at that time.
UK
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Excellent hotel, very handy for Perth CBD and the WACA cricket ground. Rooms and facilities very good, as you would expect from a hotel of this class. Moy only comment is regarding the price of the buffet breakfast, which for the British among you was GBP £30, which is a bit steep for breakfast.

If I was back in Perth, I would stay at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Neil-Traveller
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Neil-Traveller
Great to see you enjoyed the time you spent with us. I’ll pass your comments regarding breakfast to our Director of Food & Beverage for his information, however just to note that Cafe restaurant also has an Express Breakfast option and an alternative venue, for lighter ‘snacks’, would be La Strada Coffee Terrace on the lower lobby. Really pleased to see you would choose to stay with us again on a future visit to Perth and we look forward to welcoming you back at that time.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Travelling for business I had one night at the Hyatt Regency Club. I was keen to compare it to my recent experience at the Brisbane Sofitel Club. Overall it compared pretty well, just on a smaller scale. What got my review from very good to average, however, was the bed.

I'll start by saying the reception staff were also average. Two staff members behind the counter as I approached and neither looked up to welcome me. I chose the person on the right, who then directed me to the person on the left. A bad first impression. For goodness sake, is it too hard to look up and indicate that you are the person I should be dealing with?

The room was absolutely beautiful however. Great decor, very modern and sparkling clean. Lovely amenities, comfortable bathrobe and slippers and complimentary water, which, after a long flight, was extremely welcome. Five stars for that.

I went to the club for pre dinner drinks and canapés and was a little surprised to discover how tiny the place was. I had just been to Club Sofitel in Brisbane which was a massive, two-floor complex. No matter, the canapés were fabulous, the staff were friendly and courteous and ever so efficient and to top it all off, they served high quality spirits as well as wine and beer. You can't really argue with that.

Sadly, my 2.5 Tanqueray and tonic buzz (I just couldn't finish that third one, despite the kindly wait-staff's best intentions) was somewhat quelled when I went to bed. It was like sleeping on a concrete sidewalk. In the dictionary under 'unyielding' it has a picture of this mattress. A terrible night's sleep ensued.

On the upside, breakfast at the club was wonderful. Not a full cooked breakfast like the Sofitel, but delicious nonetheless. Checking out was a breeze and the overall experience was pretty good, but that bed...I'm afraid I would only ever return if I knew for sure that the beds had come up to five star hotel standard.

Room Tip: Bring a pillow top mattress.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lyn S
Dear Lyn S
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I really appreciate it. I apologise for the poor first impression created by our staff – this initial guest interaction is vital and sets the tone for the remainder of the visit; your welcome was clearly not what it should have been on this occasion and this is something for us to address. With regards to the bedding, I am sorry you had a disturbed night - we can certainly provide a pillow top mattress to make it more comfortable for you. Should you choose to stay with us again, please let us know when you make your booking so we can put this preference in your guest profile and ensure that your room is made up accordingly.
It is good to see that you enjoyed your accommodation and our Regency Club facility and hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Perth.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It's a bit out of the way for restaurants and bars etc but it's fine in your aren't afraid of a walk. The rooms was big, the bed very comfy and the view across the Swan River was breathtaking. We had some trouble finding a car park but that just took some time and a bit of patience. My favourite part of the night was the breakfast the next day. WOW! It was included in the price as we picked up a "groupon" type of a deal, work paying the extra money for.

Room Tip: Breakfast is a must!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Michelle D
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us for such a special occasion and I’m very pleased you enjoyed your mini break from home – especially the breakfast. We have several inclusive accommodation packages available so it’s always worth having a look on the website or asking one of our Reservations team to see which one would suit you best. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend. The price that we had gotten was honest, given the Perth’s hotels outrageously expensive pricing (having now travelled to all 4 major cities of Australia, we find Perth the most expensive one hotel-wise). Check-in was very efficient and the receptionist was pleasant and helpful. However, the good atmosphere got spoiled when we went up to our assigned room only to find somebody’s stuff in it…So we went down at the reception again to get this thing sorted. It was very alarming that the receptionist was not surprised at all by the occurrence of this (software or human?) problem and did not give any explanation whatsoever… In the end we were given a vacant, spacious and nicely decorated room. The sleep quality was very nice, but I advise the “sensitive” sleeper to ask for a room away from the lifts and on an upper floor, as noise and music from the lobby can be disturbing. WeI can also relate to some reviewers asking for a renovation in the bathrooms. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet, which was plentiful and tasty. We also liked the room service that we ordered on our first night. Finally, the outdoor pool area and the pool itself are great.
Perth is a really beautiful city and we are definitely visiting again for a longer break, but we don’t think of staying in this hotel again because of the incident with the room card. All in all, it is a good hotel with spacious rooms, good breakfast, a very nice pool area and –to our experience – fair prices, but the incident itself and the fact that it has happened to other tripadvisor reviewers as well cannot really be outweighed. So it’s just a 3 then.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear thada 18
Many thanks for your review. I’m really sorry for what happened when you checked in – clearly an unsettling experience for you, and indeed a situation that quite simply should not arise. It’s extremely disappointing that this type of incident could have occurred and that it has also overshadowed what otherwise appeared to have been a pleasant stay; we will again look into our processes to see how any recurrence can be avoided.
On a more positive note, I am pleased that you were taken with our beautiful city and hope that you may consider staying with us again on your return visit.
Adam Myott, General Manger, Hyatt Regency Perth
Perth
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I don't get many nights away so were excited to have booked the club room at the hyatt for the night. On arrival we were pleased by the lobby area an excited to see our club room, as we've had the club room at other hotels an they r quite impressive. Once getting to our club room on the 8th floorwe were quite dissapointed with our room as it is quite tiny with not even a nice bath for relaxing, so I'd hate to see what a basic room is like. Although nice and clean, really not what we were expecting. Sad to say we won't b staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Jnay87
Thank you for your feedback – it is greatly appreciated. I am sorry that the facilities in our Regency Club room weren’t quite what you were expecting; we do have rooms with baths that have Regency Club access and should you choose to stay with us again, please discuss your preference with our Sales representative who would we happy to advise what we have available to meet your requirements.