“Nice hotel but away from the action”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Perth
australia
“Nice hotel but away from the action”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Hyatt regency is well appointed with with an open air feel and a sense of space. Clean and modern with great rooms and a nice conservatory offering snacks and drinks. Breakfast was great but at $39.00 would need to be. Service was efficient and pleasant and there are some good deals on various websites.

The location is not the best being approx. 15 minutes from the Perth mall but there are buses and there is cararking available. Overall a memorable stay if you are looking for a hotel in Perth and have transport,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Spent 2 nights here whilst visiting relatives in Western Australia and we wanted to experience some time in the city. Beautiful appointed hotel which regrettably we felt let down its 5 star rating in some areas. There is no lift from the pavement entrance to reception therefore making it difficult to carry luggage up the steps and aid mobility issues. The rooms are large but did not have any wow factor for a 5 star rating, every morning from 6 a.m. you can hear surrounding rooms getting up and using the bathroom, the showers running and even the toilets flushing, very poor for a hotel chain of this repute. I had managed to get this hotel on a deal on the internet albeit still expensive at 245 dollars a night for room only but I would of been more disappointed to have paid the full rate. We ate in the restaurant one evening, the food was good but very over priced and the service was nothing special. Its a good 15/20 mins walk up hill to the city centre but the hotel does have good views of and is handy for the Swan River. Overall though I will not be rushing to use the Hyatt group again, on a four week trip to Dubai and around Australia we experienced far better value for money and service in some of the four star resorts we stayed in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear sharon18holiday
Many thanks for your review and sorry to note we fell short of your expectations on this occasion. I appreciate the feedback you’ve provided and will share your comments with my management team. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Perth and that you might reconsider staying at one of the many other Hyatt properties we have worldwide.
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Have never stayed at this hotel, but would certainly return. I was on the second floor, and the room I had was incredibly modern with very nice tones, and probably the most spotless room I have checked into. Plenty of amenities, complimentary bottled water, staff efficient, and nice in-room dining - probably the best steak sandwich I have had anywhere. Free basic wifi, but you can upgrade to premium for only $15 which is about $10 less than what most 5 star properties will charge. Probably at the wrong end of town, but bus stop right out front for a five minute ride to CBD, but great if getting cab to airport.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Deanten
Really pleased you enjoyed your first visit with us and many thanks for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next visiting Perth.
Dunsborough, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a regular hotel stayer at the Hyatt and was disappointed on my last visit. The room still had rubbish in the bin, hard left over food scraps on the floor between the bed and the television, long and short (don't ask) hair in the sink and shower. I ordered room service for dinner which took an hour and 15 minutes to get to the room. On check out I advised reception of my feedback and they were sympathetic, saying the hotel was very busy (not my problem though!) and credited the room service cost. I do appreciate their efforts, but for a 5-star hotel the standard simply wasn't met. The Hyatt Perth, like other 5 star hotels in Perth, is very expensive. The principal of paying higher costs wasn't reflected on this visit. A shame.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Quindalup77
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Quindalup77
Really sorry to hear there were several issues on your last visit that weren’t up to scratch; quite clearly a lack of attention to detail. Whilst I’m pleased your meal was rebated in recognition of the delay, I fully agree with your sentiments and service to the guest should not be adversely impacted in this way; I’ll raise this with my management team.
As a one of our regular guests, I really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and trust you will have a much better stay with us.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

For 5 star hotel, such old, worn out and basic hotel rooms. Really, really need upgrading. Don't like to live reviews like this, but next time will stay at Casino Metropol. Cost less and rooms better,

Room Tip: If you want 5 star hotel with 5 star facilities go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Solotse
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Solotse
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed with your recent stay and our facilities didn’t live up to your expectations. We are continually reviewing ways in which we can enhance our product and have several plans in the pipeline at the moment which hopefully will be implemented over the coming months.
My thanks once again for your feedback.
Adelaide
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed for a long weekend in May and booked a Club room for a little extra luxury having stayed at other Hyatt hotels and Westins on club floors previously in many places around the world.
This time we were disappointed - nothing was terrible - it's just that nothing was very good and there were certainly no special touches. We were left wondering what was the point of the Club experience?
Our check in was ordinary. No one explained or offered to show us to our room - in fact they didn't even point us in the direction of the elevators or even offer to assist us with our luggage.
The service in the club lounge was slow and disorganized, the coffee was cold one morning and we had coffee provided in paper take away cups after we complained. Other mornings, guests were noted to be standing in front of the coffee machine looking bewildered regards how to operate it without any staff assistance. One afternoon I requested soy milk with my coffee and was told that it wasn't available on the club floor. Only after I remarked that I had it in the mornings, was it located. The canapés on offer in the evening were very limited and repeated without variety over our four nights and again the drink service was slow. On our last morning they even closed the club lounge for breakfast and required us to eat downstairs.
We dined one evening at Joe's Oriental diner. The meal was relatively expensive and disappointing. Again nothing terrible but nothing special. Drinks in the bar downstairs with friends - we had to go to the bar to order, to wait to be served and again the service was very slow.
Also be warned that this is a noisy hotel due to the echo from the ground floor up though the central atrium. We were woken in the middle of the night twice, in our 9th floor room by noisy patrons in the lobby calling out. Again a lack of oversight?
After our four day stay I had the overall sense of inexperienced staff with inadequate training and the absence of any supervision, support or oversight.
This is an expensive hotel that does not provide an experience commensurate with its price. I would not stay here again and I could not recommend it to others.

1 Thank salbe
Dear Salbe
Thank you for your extensive feedback, which is very much appreciated. Whilst your stay may not ‘terrible’, it is certainly disappointing that we did not provide you with a much better experience. You have identified several issues that need to be addressed – particularly a lack of information and communication on our part- and I will discuss these with my management team.
My thanks once again for taking the time to post your review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is very nice, and has good views of Perth. The bathrooms were a little dated but otherwise the rooms were a good size, clean and comfortable. The breakfast had a good and varied selection of food.

Dear W1Tom
Many thanks for your review and good to note you enjoyed your time with us. With regards to the bathrooms, we are continually looking to improve our facilities and are hoping to address these in the near future. We hope you will consider staying with us again should your future plans include Western Australia.