“Outdated”

Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“Outdated”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After a break of a few years I decided to try this hotel again. I took a Gold Passport deal and paid in advance for three nights. As it turned out I was delayed by a day in the US so only spent two nights here. No complaints about that – it was my decision to pre-pay and take the price break. What I hadn’t realised was that the Gold Passport deal meant getting the worst room in the hotel.

On arrival the doorman watched me carry my bags up the steps. There was no offer of help. My Hyatt Gold Passport profile requests a room on a high floor. My allocated room was on the first floor past the administration offices and overlooking the street and the traffic noise. The room had no accessible power point near the desk even though the telephone operator told me there should have been a power board.

My second room turned out to be a very spacious suite, sparsely furnished with an old style settee, still on a low floor. Unfortunately it had only one available power point near the desk so I needed to jockey various bit of technology. In an era when most business people carry multiple electronic devices it amazes me that this hasn’t been addressed before.

The room service breakfast was excellent (although pricey), the bed was comfortable and the bathroom had everything that mattered. If that had been coupled with a room with modern furniture, a few power points, and a high floor it would have rated much better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AussieStrategist
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear AussieStrategist
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations – or indeed preferences - in terms of the accommodation provided on this occasion. We certainly value our Gold Passport members and I very much appreciate the feedback you have provided. On a more positive note, I am pleased you enjoyed your Room Service meal and I hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Perth.
Adam Myott, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a high quality and comfortable hotel, with outdoor heated pool and complimentary wifi for hyatt guest members. Regency Club lounge opens for breakfast until 10am, and opens @ 6pm for cocktails & hors d'oeuvres (save room for dinner).

Front desk and Cafe staff are most eager to satisfy their guests. However, there was a little issue with satisfying my desire for cool air during the night in our room. Apparently the controls change during the night, and it was very frustrating dealing with the hotel on this.

Location and proximity to town was excellent. We were able to walk, and the hotel provided a shuttle service to/from a nearby restaurant one evening.

All in all, a very positive experience.

Room Tip: 8th floor is Regency Club, yet 9th floor has access as well through a staircase.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lawrence C
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

First impressions count, no remote for the tv and missing ironing board, not impressed and won't be coming back. A simple checklist could have solved these issues. I would have been ok with one problem but 2 is just not good enough.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank JC1234567_12
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear JC1234567_12
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I certainly agree that we have to set the tone of each visit from the outset and getting the basics right is the key to achieving this; I therefore apologise for the oversights on this occasion and once again thank you for your feedback.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I organised a nights stay for my wife and I away from the kids. I got a winter retreat package that includes a movie, breakfast, parking with a late checkout of 1pm. The value was exeptional for this package!! The room was nice and clean with plenty of space, the bed was very comfortable, because we slept very soundly. Breakfast was awesome just glad it was part of the package because we had dinner cheaper at the Crown casino which included wine. I'm also glad the movie was in the package because you can go to Hoyts for less than what it costs to watch a movie, but I'm old school where I believe these services are provided to attract people to the establishment rather than the user pays system we tend to be living in at the moment.
While the room was good I found the building contruction with the open corridor a little sterile and allows the sound from the lobby to carry up through all the levels.
My only complaint if you could call it that was the glass panel for the shower is not designed right for it's application, it leaks water when you take a shower onto the floor which then runs to the floor drain, this creates a bit of a slip hazard.
Sorry to say that we didn't check out the pool or anything like that as the day was cold and rainy and not on our agenda anyway.
I'd stay again under the right circumstances, but to me this hotel is more set up for business stays than romance or family breaks.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same, the higher levels will be quieter from the lobby noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Perth_family_guy
Dear Perth_family_guy
Many thanks for your constructive feedback, which I’ll share with my team. I’m pleased you were happy with the accommodation package you selected and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Room was very spacious but somewhat outdated. View for the sea from the room more than compensated for that.

Staff were attentive and provided excellent level of service.

Location was ideal to travel to the airport or to go to the city center.

I recommend this hotel if you are seeking a quieter location in Perth.

Room Tip: Room with a view of sea is reommended
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hawaii
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Room was comfortable and large along with free basic internet. The staff was exceptionally helpful related to billing, dinner reservations, valet parking and theater tickets. Rating was a "four" until my last night when a band played LOUD music one floor below my room from 7PM to 11PM. Avoid the cafe which will charge $30 for a basic cold/continental breakfast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaptainBlackie
Dear CaptainBlackie
Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry for the disturbance on your last evening; I’ll raise this with my team as we are always conscious of minimising any inconvenience for our guests.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed for 1 night on the way out of Perth for our annual holiday and for a night upon our return. Although we have had several other stays there as well. By the end of our incredible holiday I was dreaming (quite literally) about getting back to the Hyatt and THAT bed! Talk about dreamy. I have been pleasantly surprised by this hotel and cannot fault any aspect of its' delivery and service.

From valet parking, check-in, canapés, wait staff, room service, cleanliness, options for dining..yes, everything. It is all more than adequate. We have enjoyed everything on offer so can attest to the quality. Even the pork knuckle from room service was 9/10 and not even close to restaurant prices! I read everything whilst in the room and the menu has plenty of options for children too. There is also an inviting pool area if thats your thing.

Management are continuously keeping a check on things and I have noticed improvements in the stays I have had there. Just little things, but clearly they are on the ball and happy to work with you.

You will not be disappointed with the incredibly comfortable bed and the pillows. I have quite a serious back injury and find it hard to sleep well, even in my own custom bed..but here I am sure that I am sleeping on clouds. And you don't notice your partner wriggling at all. A very, very good nights sleep.

The Regency Club is a special treat and well worth trying even if your not a member. The girls that run it are just lovely and very efficient at providing fresh, tasty buffet style eats and drinks. Superb breakfast included too. So good. Its included in your tarrif and you may be so satisfied that you can skip dinner altogether!

It is a big hotel with a discreet entrance and a grand lobby and foyer to impress.

I could go on but try it and see for yourself. It is just lovely.

My photos are from a stay that I enjoyed previously with my daughter. I was too busy unwinding to take photos during the last visit!

Room Tip: The rooms are the almost the same, even the Club rooms, that is to say the same bed, the same size...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy W
Dear Wendy H
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, it really is very much appreciated. I’m delighted that you have obviously enjoyed the time spent with us and I hope it won’t be too long before we can welcome you back again.