“Better Bathroom than Last Time!”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Better Bathroom than Last Time!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The room was the same as last year but this year the water from the shower did not soak the floor in the bathroom so thumbs up.

I was here to attend my work ball so mainly I stayed here for the convenience. Having said that the room was clean, comfortable and well laid out.

Got a great deal which only cost $10 more than a room only deal and included free parking, breakfast, in house movie and a 1pm check-out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel over a dozen times on business and it's never hit the mark in all those stays. Quality business hotel options in Perth (particularly in the CBD) are pretty limited so this is really the best of a bad bunch and beats places like the Pan Pacific. On the positive side it is centrally located and relatively clean with helpful efficient staff, on the negative side is the 1980s decor/design, average food and beverage quality/options and spartan rooms. Decidedly average and soulless business hotel that I'd never stay in on a family trip when paying my own tab (not on corporate credit card). For a nicer tasteful room (with balcony), better service and a nicer pool at a more intimate hotel the Richardson is better although situated 10mins drive out of the CBD in West Perth.

Nothing particularly bad about the Hyatt just fails to excel/impress in any one area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Intrepid_viking
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Intrepid_viking
As a regular guest of ours I really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback, and thank you for the observations you have made. Our aim is to offer our guests much more than just an ‘average’ experience and it’s disappointing that we haven’t achieved this in your previous visits. With this in mind we would welcome the opportunity to hear more of your thoughts on areas where you feel improvements could be made that would enhance the time you spend with us. May I therefore suggest that in preparation for your next visit that you drop me a line at email address hrperth.gm@hyatt.com so that we can be aware of your particular requirements and expectations.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are planning to stay at the hyatt then I prompt you not to scroll through any of the pictures, they set your expectations way too high with the over Photoshopping and then you are left dissapointed with your room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dannk91
Dear dannk91
Many thanks for your review, I appreciate the feedback you have provided. Our intention is certainly not to deceive and we believe that images presented though our various media channels are a good representation of the facilities we have and the experience we can offer to our guests. I am, however, sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion and have already shared your observations with our Marketing team.
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency Perth holds a place near and dear to my heart. This is what a hotel should be.
From the initial greeting at the door, to the front desk staff, housekeeping and food service staff, every single one is trained, competent and amazingly friendly.
The staff at the Regency Lounge is particularly outstanding. Day in and day out, they remind me of why I want to stay here.
If I could give a 5+ rating, I would.
If it sounds like I am beyond pleased with this property, it is because I am! I regularly stay at high end properties around the world, and the Hyatt Regency Perth is in league with the finest.

Stayed July 2014
Dear bisbohemian
I am naturally delighted to read your review and thank you for the wonderful feedback – I’m so pleased that your visit was everything you had hoped it would be. We look forward to welcoming you back should your future travel plans include another visit to Perth.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

You get what you are expecting from a five star hotel. Staff were accommodating, friendly and very helpful. A smile on their face and always willing to help.
The bedroom:

Nicely lit and tastefully decorated and furnished. Toiletries were a plenty and had tooth brush, paste, shampoo, shower gel, hair cap, blow dryer and ear cotton buds. The quality was of organic standard of the shampoo and shower gel.
Bedding was comfortable with nice clean sheets and comfortable big King bed in my Deluxe room. Plenty of space of over 30sqm, so you feel right at home.

Breakfast
One of the best open buffet breakfasts you can ever go for. An egg station to ask for your omelette to be ordered. All hot prepared breakfast options are available of baked beans, mushrooms, sausages, boiled eggs and types of toast. Fruit are a plenty, tea, coffee and juice are on the menu too.
At the end, you cannot go wrong if you pay top dollar for a top hotel VERY WELL WORTH IT

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hayder86
Dear Hayder86
Sincere thanks for your extensive review and as a local resident, I hope it won’t be too long before you choose to stay with us again. I’ll also share your comments regarding the Café breakfast with our Chef which he – and his team - will be delighted to receive.
Norberg, Sweden
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel, great staff, very good rooms and top buffet restaurant. had club room with river view and well worth it. Other restaurants in and near hotel with very good standard. Hotel is close to the WACA, West Australian cricket ground

Stayed December 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for ten days while we explored the area. The hotel staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful. We are platinum Hyatt level and truly enjoyed the club room with its marvelous harbor views, excellent breakfasts, delightful cocktails, and constant coffee tea.
The hotel is old style open atrium which was a bit cool during the rainy wintertime, so a sweater/shawl was helpful.
Excellent location for downtown Perth.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dianne B
Thank you very much for your great feedback – I’m so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take full advantage of the Regency Club Lounge during your visit. As one of our valued Gold Passport members, we look forward to being your ‘home away from home’ should you pass through Perth again on a future occasion.