“Took a chance and was pleasantly surprised.”
Review of Kings Perth Hotel

Kings Perth Hotel
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Surprisingly we had a very good 2 night stay here. We booked the cheapest room available online, and ended up on the 5th floor in a pleasant room with crisp white sheets and pillows. The counter staff were helpful in giving bus directions to Freo (The Fremantle train line was not in service for those days).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Realtively good location, but that's it. Rooms are very old and dated. At least pretty clean. Reception staff is unfriendly and cannot be bothered to serve guests. Online photos are misleading as they show renovated club floor, standard rooms are very dated. Avoid this hotel if you can.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Roadtoholidays
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The lobby is really gloomy, looked more like a funeral parlour. We were booked on the 5th floor. The door of our room was right next to the fire exit stairs which is very dangerous. One wrong move in entering or leaving the room and we could easily fall off the stairs. The room is too dark, too musty smelling (and the scent of moth balls kept me up all night), the shower area is too dark and mouldy. The view is nothing but a car park, there are no block out curtains. The entire hotel needs a renovation (could not even walk with bare feet on the carpet and in the bathroom). On the 2 nights we stayed here, the other guests were so noisy on the same floor and when we complained about it, the receptionist who could barely speak in English told us "we can say what we want" in a very rude tone. NEVER GOING BACK.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Racquel B
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I travelled to Perth for the first time for work in August 2013. I don't book my corporate travel, so rocked up to the hotel not knowing much about it other than the name. I now wish I'd read these reviews before I left Sydney as I would have changed my booking, even if it cost more myself.

All the bad reviews you read here are true. The rooms smell, are so old and outdated, the doors don't actually have a lock so you can feel safe at night (there is a lock there but if you check it doesn't actually do anything it's just a handle), the water tastes bad even to brush your teeth and the buffet breakfast is so nasty even as hungry as I was, I didn't eat anything.

Just as an employer can give you a warning for bad performance, if I could give my company a warning for making me stay here, I would.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SydneyKate08
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here overnight in a refurbished room on the 9th floor. After reading the reviews here and finding the price for the best room at the Kings Perth is still cheaper than most other Perth hotels, I thought I'd give the $175 King Deluxe a try. I'm glad I did. Sure, the hotel is a bit tired in the lobby and hallways, but I'm not sleeping there.

Reception was helpful and efficient (although the TV didn't work properly and the porter who was promised to attend to it never showed) and combined with a voucher for the buffet breakfast (which was fine), I thought the hotel offered good value. Having spent a night the week before in a higher rated hotel in a basic room for $230 (which offered about the same level of room quality but with inept customer service by comparison), I would consider the Kings as a base for my next stay in Perth.

Room Tip: Opt for a more expensive room and you'll still get a better deal over most Perth hotels and thei...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Rooms were big and spacious, nice bathrooms. Sadly the room was very dated and the air conditioner was rubbish. Consequently I had a terrible night's sleep cos I had to open the window and put up with noise outside just to cool the room down.

Room service food was average, it arrived promptly though.

I got a very good weekend deal of $99. I don't think I would pay anymore than that.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I just checked into the hotel. Location is good, proximity to IGA, Woolworths within 10min walk, restaurants and cafes are a major plus. We got a quadruple room, spacious, with well-supplied amenities/toiletries in the room. The reception staff are generally helpful. We agree with some of the earlier reviews on the dated bathrooms, old carpet, and the extremely thin partition between the rooms where you can virtually hear everything about your neighbor next door!

Overall, a decent hotel with good location, given the extremely high tariffs to pay for staying in Perth CBD, this place is okay for a promotional deal with free breakfast and free wifi thrown in :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple