“Can't wait to return”

Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“Can't wait to return”

What a fantastic hotel!
Beautiful rooms, lovely views (spectacular from the spas on the roof especially in the evening!).
Very conveniently located for me with a hire car. No back streets or tricky ways to try and find the hotel - easy to get to from every direction.
I didn't use the hotel parking as it was the weekend, and always found a park within 1.5 blocks of the hotel. I only had to pay for parking once, when I came back for a mid afternoon relax before heading out again.
I have to say though, the walk in wardrobe was pretty nifty, even though I only hung my jacket in there each night. The bathroom was huge, and impeccably clean - as was my entire room. I had a Jacuzzi Suite so the room was well away from the lifts and very large.
It did take a while for me to check in as there was only one person on the desk when I arrived around 12.45 am and she was having difficulty with another guest's booking. However after a little while she called for assistance and shortly after they solved the guest's booking problem I was checked in. I was shattered though, so every minute felt like an hour.
The hotel staff were also very helpful - even giving tips on what I should see and finding me better quality/detailed maps than the ones I had.
The breakfast was included in my rate so I enjoyed a relaxing breakfast both mornings - I didn't feel at all rushed and lingered over a pot of tea. Thoroughly enjoyable with a good variety (always nice to see Gulten Free offerings). The staff here were also very attentive and responsive.
The only downside to my stay was that on one of the nights there was a school formal on in the hotel and one across in another hotel as well, and as I was on a low floor I heard a bit of noise - however I was so tired, it didn't affect me for very long.
A highly enjoyable stay and I heartily recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Taezar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed here after our daughters wedding and arrived to be told there was no parking and to go down the road and find our own. I drove and parked on the street by the park about 1 kilometer away next to the Hyatt hotel (which had plenty of vacant bays). I then had to walk back to the hotel sweating and puffing (I was dressed in full formal attire).

The room was clean and modern. Several of the power points didn't work, we had to try three different one's to boil the kettle. The shower in the bath sent water all over the bath room as the shower screen didn't effectively stop the spray.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The included breakfast great and had plenty of options. The food was fresh and tasty.

A potentially good hotel spoilt by a lack of parking that seriously inconvenienced my wife and I as I spent half the night worrying about my car parked on the street and the 1 kilometer walk in the morning to retrieve it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank skinnypete63
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 November 2011

All in all we had a pleasant experience in the hotel, however it was disappointing not to be able to park in the hotel car park.
The car park was full on our arrival and the closest spot we found to park was several hundred metres away, out on Terrace Rd. A long way to walk with luggage.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I personally feel Perth hotels are lacking compared to European hotels and, from what I understand, hotels on the east coast. However, the Novotel Langley is one of the better ones I've stayed in. The reason I gave it an excellent rating is because for Perth I think it is better than most. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. The aircon worked the first night but not the second night. Maybe I was doing something wrong but it was a pretty straight forward unit. I did not deduct points for this as it was cool enough not to need it. I also cannot comment on price as I did not pay. Work paid. The restaurant was nice and had a good menu and wine list. The hotel is walking distance to the main shopping area in Perth city.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Thuis hotel is not reflective of the Novotel brand and the rooms require refurbishment. Probably a reflection of the overall poor quality of hotels in Perth at reasonable rates due to the high demand and undersupply of hotel rooms in Perth.

Overall better than most if you book in advance and get a reasonable rate but the choice is limited in Perth. The Pan Pacific accross the road or rydges are far better quality hotels if you can afford the difference in price.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
NovotelPerth, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Poor for Novotel

We appreciate your review in our Tripadvisor web site with regards your experience at the Novotel Perth Langley. I am sorry that some of your experience with us did not meet with your expectations; please allow me to express my apologies.

At Novotel Perth Langley; we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We are currently in the process of refreshing our rooms and bathrooms, this will take into account the concerns you mentioned; it is our hope that you may return to experience the difference.

Once again we appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Paraburdoo
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We paid $450 for a room for one night at the Novotel which was the only accommodation we could secure in Perth.... for that money we were expecting something decent and the room was far from. Paint was missing all over the place, the bathroom seemed dirty and dreary as it was in a big need of a make over. There was a hole in the wall in the cupboard which is where I assume a safe used to be? We just got off a international flight and it was 1am in the morning, the staff on duty that night weren't overly friendly and didn't do the basic request I asked for - add my Accor member number to the booking. I was not impressed with this hotel and would not stay there willingly again. A big disappointment.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Room was clean and tidy,however the bathroom had a leaky faucet,(which was also very loose} that I reported and was not repaired during our stay.The staff were very friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed all meals and service while there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Expensive for a full paying guest