“Footy Trip”

Novotel Perth Langley
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I really don't understand why this hotel is ranked 2 on TripAdvisor, it was extremely disappointing. I recently stayed here on a Saturday night and unfortunately was given a room on the 1st floor. Due to the pub next door and a function being held at the hotel, it was extremely noisy and I had a lot of difficulty going to sleep until well after midnight. I had the same experience as b888 - the shower was terrible and the hotel also tried to charge me for Internet that I had not used. The pillows were also extremely uncomfortable - either hard as a rock/lumpy or so soft they sank down to nothing. I would definitely not recommend this hotel and won't be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Avid_explorer89
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Noisy and awful showers!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Perth Langley. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. It is disappointing that we could not rectify the issue’s you mention on the Tripadvisor website whilst you were still with us. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns mentioned and prevent future occurrence.

Again I do apologise to you and appreciate you sharing your concerns; it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
ireland
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Good clean hotel, good location, good room etc.

Had my bill charged for services I did not use, mini-bar, buffet breakfast.

On check out, when I questioned the charges, I felt I was not believed and embarressed as other guests were behind me listening to the conversation.
I had previously questioned the charges the day before and told the bill had been amended.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the stay although will probably stay elsewhere on my next visit in four weeks time, due to the confusion.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank irishbazz
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Good hotel, although?

Thank you for your review on the Tripadvisor web site regarding your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley. I am sorry that some aspects of your experience did not meet the expectations we like to give to our guest. Our front office Team has been informed regarding your much embarrassment and disappointment on check out; we have taken appropriate measures to implement the importance of communication and guest well being to our team, this will prevent future occurrences, less frustration and confusion with our guests.

Again I apologies for this inconvenience caused to you and it is in our hope we will be given the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Sydney
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I suppose I shouldn't have booked into a cheap (by Perth standards) CBD hotel with such high expectations... but it was #2 on TripAdvisor!!! :(

The hotel is a bit shabby, and the bathrooms really need renovating. The shower in my room was so bad the the water sprayed in every direction except down. Seriously, it hit the ceiling, the wall behind it and over the shower curtain! I could barely get the crappy Novotel shampoo/conditioner (who even makes that s*** anymore!?) out of my hair.

When I came back to the hotel at about 10pm I was (un)lucky enough to have to share the lift upstairs with a creepy old man and his hooker... "nice to meet you" he says... she nods. "have you had a nice day" he says... she nods... ARGH WTF!?

When I checked out the next day they tried to charge me $50 for internet, which I hadn't used. When I told them I hadn't touched the internet they just seemed confused. This bugged me because firstly they stuffed up, and secondly why the hell is internet so expensive anyway? Most boutique hotels/B&Bs let you use it for free.

Bit of a farce. There was however one awesome thing about the Novotel. The bed was SO COMFY. I have never slept so well in a hotel. It could have had a bit to do with the jetlag... but their pillows, doonas and mattresses let me sleep like a log.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank b888
Creepy!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Perth Langley. I am sorry that some of your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback with regards to the room allocated to you is very important to us. With guest feedback 'positive/constructive' such as yours, encourages our team to continuously improve the quality of our services, and giving us the opportunity to take the appropriate measures by addressing the problem in question to prevent future occurrences.

Dear guest, to assure you we are currently in the process of confirming an appropriate date for the start of a room maintenance program, this will take into account the concerns you mentioned and it is our hope that you may return to experience the difference.

Once again we appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed 1 night to attend a wedding, checkin was fast and efficient. Rooms were of reasonable size! The beds and pillows were soooooo comfortable with fluffy duves! I was soooo fast asleep in a flash! I only have 2 complaints , 1 was the undercover parking, said full waited 20mins o get thru boom gate then once in there was more than 15 bays available. 2nd was that housekeeping not thorough enough in bathroom. Bathroom amenities platter had hair on it from previous guests and there was a hair lackey around the shower tap. When u take that out , rest was lovely! Did not have any meals there!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends