“Ok central hotel”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Albany, Australia
“Ok central hotel”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had this hotel on mystery deal on Friday night. Good value for the price we paid. Full rate would have been too much. Was exactly what we wanted and expected, good comfy beds and decent shower. I've seen the same bathroom fittings in Bali in newer hotels. Did not eat at the hotel as other restaurants close by. 2 x 4 seater spas were a bit cold but the service man was going to adjust it up for the winter today. Good checkin/out, info book could be more comprehensive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gandj59
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Gandj59,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley and glad to hear you received a great deal and enjoyed the comfy beds and shower. The hotel is located in a great area with a few restaurants around and also have the choice of our Sen5es Restaurant and Fenians pub. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the information book and spas.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that we can welcome you back in the near future when you are next up in Perth.

Bree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had a need to stay in the Perth city centre for one night and stayed at the Novotel Langley, I stay here on weekends sometime when there is a footy match in town. I am an accor member and was given a room on the 9th floor which was very comfortable and clean, the staff on the desk were helpful and happy which is a novelty in some hotels I use. The breakfast was very good and there was plenty of choice, the only thing I would say is the parking is a bit expensive at $25.00 a night for guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Phil,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and also stay with us regularly when the footy is on in town!. Thank you also for your feedback regarding breakfast, we have recently made a few changes in our Sen5es restaurant for our breakfast and it is always nice to receive great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back when the next footy match is in town.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just another typical Aussie hotel - old looking, small, average with very basic amenities in the room.

Quite a walk away from the city center but you can always hop onto the free bus!

Staff - could be friendlier and more helpful

Room service - large portios and good value for the money

There's a Subway and convenience store just across the street

You will also hear drunk people laughing and screaming occasionally from the pub in the lobby or even Pan Pacific hotel (just the opposite) because of weddings/events being held there all the time.

The walls in the room are paper thin, I could hear people getting intimate next to my room at 3 in the morning. That was quite a traumatizing experience, I must say.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank thesean76
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear "thesean76"

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley and I am sorry that we fell short on the standards you come to expect from a Novotel. I can understand your frustration with being awoken by the room next to you and the noise from the pub and we are continually monitoring the noise from Fenians Pub to ensure our guests comfort. I am glad to hear your enjoyed the room service but do apologise that we fell short on a few areas.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and it is our hope that we can welcome you back in the near future and provide the level of service you come to expect.

Melbourne
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had 3 nights in this hotel. Twice the door key did not work. Neither time did we get an apology.

When I checked in I asked about parking. No problems I was told. When I went to leave I had to use the intercom at the barrier as I could not get out just to be told "Next time you need to come to reception and get an exit ticket". Well there is no sign on the car park entry and no one told me when I checked in.

Why did I have two experiences where I was made to feel like a chump?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colin582
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Colin,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley and please accept our apologies that we fell short on the standards you come to expect from a Novotel and on two separate occasions. I will share your comments with our Front Office team to ensure we continue to develop our key service areas to ensure our guests comfort.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley and it is our hope that we can welcome you back in the near future and provide the customer service you come to expect.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel staff were very helpful, polite and courteous. I stayed in a room that was upgraded to the 9th floor on arrival and experienced no noise at all from the busy city outside. A spacious room with ample room to work. A very clean room with a comfortable king size bed..Thank you

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear A S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it is always nice to receive such nice feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed for 5 nights on business trip, Location was my main reason to choose it in a town that lacks a lot of choice at the higher end of the market. My room was on second level above the Irish pub which could get noisy but never became too intrusive in the evening. Good coffee shops and small restaurants nearby. Nice walk to waterfront. Staff very helpful but took some convincing that I had prepaid the room, they sorted it once they found out they had made a mistake. Room very average.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear "Alphatraveller"

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley, the hotel is definitely located in a great position close to the beautiful Langley Park, Swan River, coffee shops and small restaurants. We do apologise for the miss communication regarding your pre payment and I am glad the team could resolve it before your departure.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Craig