“Great position good service”

Novotel Perth Langley
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Perth

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Daniel B, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

There are newer reviews for Novotel Perth Langley

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for the weekend after landing in Perth. I arrived at the hotel front pouch, no one came to assist us with the luggage! Somewhat disappointed with that.

However, the front counter staff, Andrea (I hope I got her name right) and Claudia were extremely polite, efficient and helpful with my check-in and attended to all my queries over the next 2-3 days. They are certainly an asset to the hotel. The housekeeping staff were delightful too.

I took advantage of my Accor membership for the free Wifi. Decent speed and reliable.

The rooms were well kept and clean. All amenities were in working condition. The bed was also comfortable.

I find it challenging to park my rental Kia Grand Carnival into the rather small hotel garage. Otherwise the stay was all good.

The hotel is located in rather central location. About 10-15 mins walk to CBD and major shopping malls. There are lots of cafe around the hotel and there is also a small 24 hours convenience store across the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelvin K

Dear Kelvin,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback particularly about the level of Customer Service displayed by our Reception and Housekeeping Teams.

I do Apologise that a member of our Concierge team was not available to welcome you to the hotel and assist with your luggage, but it's pleasing to hear and Andrea and Claudia were able help.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your Loyalty as a valued Advantage Plus Member and I look forward to welcoming you back to Novovtel Perth Langley soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Firstly, I must say the staff were extremely friendly, room service was timely and the room was clean. But that is where the positives end. Having stayed for four nights and hardly slept during that period I will not stay here again. The acoustics are terrible....you can hear other guests coughing, their TV, the showers and the toilets flushing. To top it off there is constant corridor noise with doors opening and closing at all hours. On my last night I discovered that the level I was on - level 7- is the level they put the aircrew on. This explains the coming and going at all hours.....why would you put standard guests on the same floor? On my last night the air crew decided to have a party in the room next door....but as it was quite early in the evening there was not much I could do. I was exhausted and wanted to sleep at 8pm....but felt I couldn't complain as it was only 8pm. I had spoken to reception about the noise earlier in the evening and assured that the aircrew were on level 1 not 7 that night....why lie? I would have moved if I had known I was heading into a fourth night of no sleep. Having travelled and stayed at novotel frequently...I am a silver Le club member...this property is a real let down to the chain. The management need to respect the requirements of non aircrew quests and put the aircrew on a separate floor so the other guests are not disturbed. A simple so,Union you would think.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the aircrew.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mustang74

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments and review you recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley. Please allow me to express my sincere Apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Providing our Guests with excellent customer service and comfortable accommodation to ensure a good night's rest is most certainly our top priority and it is evident we have fallen short of our promise on this occasion.

Our Hotel does Accommodate Airline Crew and due to their dynamic schedules outside of normal hours we most certainly do our best to keep those on late or early flights on separate floors. I can appreciate that during your stay this was not the case and admittedly we should have offered you a room move immediately to alleviate this issue.

I will be sharing your review with our Management Team here at the hotel as it is only through guest feedback that we can improve on the quality of our services, I will also share your positive comments regarding the staff, In Room Dining and Cleanliness.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your Loyalty and reassure you that we greatly value your business and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a much better experience in the future.

Please don't hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to discuss your stay in further detail or if I can assist in anyway.

Thanks and Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for business, the air con was blowing cool air, wasn't getting any heat so asked for a little heater for the room. Needs an update, shower curtain needs to go! So does the stove top in the room, no kitchen equipment is provided which renders them useless. A desk/chair would have been good. Instead just a high coffee table with armchairs. In room dining was great, as was the buffet breakfast. Staff are friendly and attentive. Fix the air con and update the room facilities!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley.

We do have King and Queen Rooms available with either a kitchenette or Working Desk, I am sorry that the room offered was not suitable to your needs on this particular Business trip.

By means of explanation and in no way an excuse, due to the design of the hotel we do have a centralised Climate Control Unit which is pre-set to a cooler comfortable sleeping temperature. With the Hot and Cold Nights through a Perth Winter we do provide Guests with a Portable Heater as a Warmer Alternative. I hope that the heater provided ensured you had a comfortable Rest.

I will share your comments regarding Breakfast and In-Room Dining with our Kitchen and Service Teams and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a better all round experience.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for a weekend trip to Perth. The hotel itself was just ok, the staff at the front desk were unhelpful and the rooms were a little "tired". The exception to this was the comfortable bed.

The location was fairly good, nice and central to the city and only a short walk to the river.

If you have a rental car, like we did, park on the street right outside the hotel for a fraction of the cost that the hotel will charge you to park in their garage.

Room Tip: The A/C isn't reliable
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leisurelymonkey

Dear Leisurelymonkey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Novotel Perth Langley. It is only through guest feedback such as this that we are able to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Customer Service is most certainly our Top Priority and I am disappointed to hear that our Reception Team were below par on this occasion. This is most certainly not our normal level of Guest Service and I will be sure to share this Review with the Management Team so we can ensure there is not a re-occurrence.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location and views of the Beautiful Swan River as well as getting a good night's rest on our new Bed's.

Street Car parking is Free on Saturday Night and all day Sunday along Hill Street and Riverside Drive if you don't want to take advantage of our Undercover Car Parking.

Again, thank you for your constructive comments and I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the near future for an all round great experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

When we recently stayed at this hotel, Perth was having an unusual very cold snap (2deg). When we tried to apply heating to the room, we eventually found out that the hotel doesn't have heating, only cooling!! We had a portable heater sent to the room which was satisfactory but we thought no heating was a bit outdated. The bathroom is very small, one person at a time, with the shower over the bath. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Jan,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley, I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to standard; please allow me to express my sincere apologies.

By way of explanation and by no means an excuse, due the design of the hotel we do run on a centralised climate control system. Due to Perth's unpredictable winters we do have the rooms set to a cooler sleeping temperature and provide portable heaters as an alternative. Providing our Guests with a comfortable night's rest is most certainly our top priority along with Excellent Customer Service and I do apologise that we have fallen short f our promise on this occasion.

I hope that myself and the team have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a much better experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Due to a medical emergency on my BNE-PER flight we were delayed flying into Perth and required short notice accommodation in Perth. The Novotel came through and made my stay very comfortable. Well done for a city which has very high occupancy rates.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank realfood007

Dear realfood007,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley.

I am sorry to hear that you had a delayed flight out of Perth, but it's great to know that the team were able to look after you and ensure you were comfortable and had a good night’s rest.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Novotel Perth under better circumstances in the future.