“Central Perth”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
“Central Perth”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Novotel in Perth for just one night. My decision was based on the price and the location of the hotel. Surprising I got a good price for the one night which is very uncommon in Perth, especially on a Monday night due to all the FIFO workers needing accomodation for their Tuesday flights out.

This was the first time I have stayed at the Novotel in Perth in about 4 years and have always remembered as a decent hotel in Perth. On arrival I checked in and they were busy at the check-in, so I waited patiently then the staff checked me, they were very polite and also upgraded me to their river-view Suite which was nice. Unfortunately the Novotel do not provide Qantas Frequent Flyer Points for staying.

The room was very large with a very nice and big bathroom, the views were awesome. The bathroom has a spa which took up half the already large bathroom, so a big bath. The bed was comfortable and I watch a in room movie which was charged to me. Also ordered room service, this was very very average and wouldn't recommend wasting your money on it, that would be the only down side to my visit.

Also next to the lobby the hotel has a irish pub connected to it, the pub has decent prices for a pint of beer, about $7.50. I had a couple their with some mates that I was catching up with

In the morning I had a early check-out at about 6 it was fast and its also convenient that the Taxi Rink is just out side the lobby with cabs in it, so I didnt need to call one.

Overall I would recommend the Novotel in Perth, and would stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Daniel B, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Lucas,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley.

I am so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and were able to enjoy one of Beautiful Suites for the evening. We have recently added some great new meal offering's to our Fenians Menu for both lunch and dinner for next time you are enjoying a Beer or catching up with friends.

I will most certainly share your comments about Room Service with our Kitchen team so they can address them as a matter of priority.

Although we are unable to honour Qantas Frequent Flyers, if you are a member of Le Club Accor Hotels you can convert you loyalty points across to most airline frequent flyer program including Qantas. Le Club Accor is free to join, you can contact a member of our Reception team directly or enquire when checking in at an participating Accor Hotels.

Thank you again for sharing your detailed comments and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Regards,
Daniel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our first visit to Perth and enabled us to visit Freemantle, Margaret River and the Swan Valley. We also met up with friends in Perth. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, but quite noisy. We were in a room with an adjoining door, and could hear everything from next door. The Irish Pub next door was handy, but would have been nice to know about charging meals etc back to room prior to going. The dining room had Christmas in July, but there was no promotion of it that we saw, so we made other arrangements for dinner. Good walking distance to the city and ferry terminal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Daniel B, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Virginia,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley.

I do hope you enjoyed your first experience in Perth, Fremantle and Margaret River, certainly some great parts of Australia to visit particularly in the summertime.

Please allow me to express our sincerest apologies that your first stay at Novotel Perth Langley was a noisy one. Providing our guest's with a comfortable night's rest along with excellent customer service is most certainly our top priority and I am sorry we have fallen short of our promise on this occasion.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Perth for a much better all round experience.

Albany, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was wonderful to be welcomed with a smile and a very positive attitude when I arrived to check in at 8.30pm, following a long day of travel. The receptionist was a delight. The room, which was upgraded, was well presented and comfortable. The breakfast in the restaurant was plentiful and great variety.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Edward A
Dear Edward,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about your recent experience at Novotel Perth Langley.

Providing excellent customer service is most certainly our top priority and it's always fantastic to be able to share this sort of feedback with all of our Service teams to serve as encouragement for the great job they do.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our new Buffet Breakfast Selection and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Novotel Perth Langley soon for another memorable experience.

Warm Regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I checked in last night for two nights so I am writing from the hotel. I've stayed in this hotel previously. Wasn't impressed by thought I would give it a go. Well, I am still unimpressed. The room is small and extremely basic for a standard room - I guess it is good enough for my need as I travel for work, and only return to the hotel in the evening. If you are travelling on a holiday, perhaps, you should look at a higher grade room (or another hotel). The good thing about this place? Comfy bed - had a good sleep last night. Location is fantastic. Staff seem to be friendly enough. The not-so-good? Well, the Breakfast is expensive - $35 for a buffet breakfast and $30 for continental, so, no thank you. The kettle in my room doesn't work - very frustrating. The wifi is frustratingly slow - they need to do something about it across the Accor group hotels. One of the lamps in the room doesn't work so, had to rely on the down lights which is rather harsh on the eye. These are not major things - but they do impact on the overall experience. Also, as a gold member of the LeClub Accor, I requested for an upgrade but wasn't granted. Granted that this is only a request, I was disappointed when I found out that higher grade rooms were still available for bookings last night. So much for loyalty to the Accor group!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear HTCSydney,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. As a Gold Member of Le Club we most certainly value your business and thank you for your continued loyalty; I can appreciate that your most recent visit did not reflect this.

I am glad to hear that you found our central location convenient as a business traveller and you had a good night's rest on our comfortable Novotel beds. I will most certainly share your comments in regards to Wi-Fi speed with our Regional Management Team, and I apologize that this has impacted on your stay.

I would like to welcome you back to Novotel Perth Langley to show you how much we value your continued Loyalty and demonstrate we have taken your constructive comments on board. Please feel free to contact Craig our Rooms Division Manager directly so we can organise this on your behalf.

We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back for a memorable experience for all of the right reasons.

Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a few nights in the Novotel and, generally, it was pretty good. The service from all staff members was polite and efficient; the room (Standard Queen) was comfortable and clean and the buffet breakfast, which was included in our room rate, was great, with plenty of choices of good quality food.

On the downside, the meals in the Senses restaurant and the room service were just OK. Like most city hotels, they were overpriced for what was supplied. I ordered a steak and it arrived on a plate with a lone cherry tomato. Adding the necessary side dishes made it a pretty expensive meal. Unfortunately, the weather in Perth during our stay was terrible, so we had to dine in a couple of times. Otherwise, it would have been much better to venture out and find some good restaurants.

The other problem was the Wi-Fi service. I made the mistake of not asking about this when I made the booking and was unpleasantly surprised to hear that they wanted to charge $27 per day to connect! I object to this kind of rip-off and will, in future, try to avoid hotels that don't include a decdnt Wi-Fi service in the room rate.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mal,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley and share your constructive comments about your stay.

I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and were able to enjoy our Brand New Buffet Breakfast Selection, I will be sure to share with all of our team here your positive comments about the great customer service your received throughout your stay.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies that your dinner when dining in the hotel wasn't up to standard. I will most certainly follow this up with our Kitchen team so we can review our offering's and ensure that we are providing our guest's with quality meals at a competitive price. We do offer complementary limited Wi-Fi service in the lobby of the hotel as well as 24 hour access to our Mac Corner with business facilities all free of charge, I do apologise if these were not made available to you during your stay.

I can assure you that we take all feedback, good and bad on board to assist us in continuously improving the quality of our services and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a much better all round experience at Novotel Perth Langley.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent our 20th wedding anniversary at this hotel after spending our wedding night here in 1994 - we were treated like royalty with flowers, champagne & chocolates in our suite on arrival and more flowers at our table in the Senses restaurant for our dinner. Although the room decor is perhaps a little dated, everything was spotless and the suite was well equipped with a beautiful view over the Swan River. The restaurant food was exceptional and the buffet breakfast loaded with choice. I would highly recommend the hotel/restaurant for a special function or occasion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room/suite overlooking the river.