“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Singapore, Singapore
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed in Novotel Langley for 5 nights during my visit to Perth in July 2014. It was an enjoyable stay. Room is relatively spacious with 2 double beds (we booked a family room) and bathroom comes with bathtub. Do note that the family room is only available on 2nd and 3rd floor, so won't be able to enjoy the great view of Swan River.

Service rendered by Novotel staff is great. One of the night, my daughter wet the bed and although one of the staff at front desk help out and send us clean sheets as the housekeeping is already closed at that time. Much appreciated, although i did not manage to get the name of the nice gentlemen who helped out.

Room service is 24 hours so it is great, as we enjoyed some nice food after our kiddos has sleep... As the nearby restaurant mostly close by 10pm, so for late night supper, room service is the way to go. Food is relatively good, and they come within 30 minutes.

Breakfast is good, as commented by most people. There is a great variety of spread, from bread, cereal to rice, fried noodle, hash brown, etc... and the quality of the food is good as well. I particularly like their passion fruit yogurt (homemade) , fried rice, beef sausage, and my kids love their great variety of cereal.

Location is good, but it is not at the central CBD area, it is located at Adelaide Terrace, just outside the CBD. CBD is about 10-15 minutes walk. The hotel is also out of the free CAT bus route so if you do want to make use of the free bus, the nearest station is at the Royal Perth Hospital which is about 10 minutes walk away. Do note that parking at the hotel will incur additional charges.

There is also a coin-operated laundry area at the basement should anyone needs to wash their clothes and we utilise it fully :)

However, we were disappointed that the hotel does not provide free wifi to all its guest. Only Accor member with sufficient points will be able to enjoy complimentary wifi during their stay. There is also no safety safe in the room for guest to store their valuables.

There is no kid's club at the hotel, only a small sitting area near the reception with some books and that is their designated family space... i think the location is a bit out, as it is near the main reception with lots of people walking around and the space is not an enclosed space, it is an open space.

Some pics of the hotel can be seen from here:

Room Tip: Family room is only located on 2nd and 3rd floor, if you wanted room with view of Swan River, which...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sloopoo
Matt Y, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Sloopoo,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley and share with us your detailed comments regarding your most recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and you found our Room Service and Breakfast options to be of high quality with a wide variety of choices. Customer Service is most certainly our top priority so it is pleasing to hear that our Reception Team were on hand to assist you and your family with your daughter's little accident. I will be sure to thank them personally and congratulate them on there willingness to exceed expectations.

Whilst we are 10-15 minutes walk outside of the main CBD we do find this location very convenient as our guest's are able to avoid all of the one-way streets and high traffic whilst being such a short free bus trip away from all the hustle and bustle.

I do apologize that not having complimentary internet access in your room was an issue during your stay, we do offer limited complimentary access in our Lobby as well as unlimited usage of our 'Mac Corner" and business centre as an alternative.

It is our hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Perth soon for another enjoyable stay.

Matt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

What an excellent stay. Close to everything and delightful staff. The room was excellent and much more than I had expected. I was allocated a room with kitchen and lounge area and was completely surprised by this. Very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. On the downside was the cost of breakfast. While it was delicious, fresh, "organic" and had plenty of variety at $35.00 this was a little expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Matt Y, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Elledee2011,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley, It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I will most certainly share your comments with all of our team here.

I am glad that you enjoyed your complimentary room upgrade and had a good night's rest on our new beds. I will share your comments regarding the value of the full buffet breakfast with our Food and Beverage Manager.
A handy hint is to always book your breakfast as part of your accommodation package for the best value.

Matt
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here on a business trip for two nights and have to say, it is confirmed for me that Novotel's need to lift their game, this one particularly.

Let me first talk about the good aspects. The girl who checked me in was lovely and friendly, the gym has a great view over the swan and the room service is quite nice - however its expensive, doesn't offer some basics like garlic bread and gets basics wrong (i asked for a side of aoili and the guy repeated it three times, but it did not arrive.

Overall however, I was incredibly disappointed. Firstly charging $25 a day for WiFi is nothing short of highway robbery. This may make them money, but this is one of the catalysts for me not returning, so they are losing out on my business as a result.
I also feel the rooms are old and dirty. I enjoy a bath in hotels on a cold night but there was no way i was going to lie in that dirty and damaged bath. The mini bar items had dust all over them - showing the housekeeping is of a low standard. When they made up my room, they did not replace amenities or the mini bar. The room was basic and old and offered no heating which left it quite cold. The bathroom was dirty as well - i found dust everywhere, hair on the toilet seat and the like.

Perth is expensive, but this was a true rip off. I have stayed other places that were cheaper in better locations.

I wont stay here again, I would advise others not to stay here and I will now avoid Novotel's as much as possible. I suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: My tip is to stay somewhere else
4 Thank EddyCS
Matt Y, Housekeeping Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Eddy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments regarding your most recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the views of the lovely Swan River and found the Reception team to be very polite and helpful during your stay.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies that your room was not up to our usual Housekeeping standards. Your review most certainly raises a red flag with us and I will share it with all of our team here as well as our in-house maintenance team to action as a matter of priority.

I too am very disappointed in the impact this has had on your stay and I do hope you provide us with the opportunity to show you we have taken your feedback seriously and provide you with a much more positive all round experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to discuss your stay in further detail or if I can be of any assistance.

Ryan
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed for 1 night leisure in Perth. Parking was very very difficult. My husband had to reverse all the way out as you couldn't turn around in the very tight spot! It was a very cold winters night, thundering and lightening outside. Couldn't wait to get in the hotel to get warm. Entered the lobby/reception area and its absolutely freezing! The staff at reception must be ill all the time due to colds/flu - I couldn't work in those conditions. The nice girl behind the counter informed us there is no heating in the rooms due to the hotel only having a choice of cooling system or heating system (23 degrees if they put it on she said, which is hardly what I call heating anyway), however, previously guests have complained its too hot when the heating system is on so they permanently have the cooling system on!!!!! The temperature control in the rooms do not therefore work. The receptionist offered to bring a little blow heater to heat the room. Can't believe that in 2014 the Novotel Langley cannot fix the AC/Heating system so guests can choice for themselves what temperatures they feel comfortable in. Would not recommend this hotel because of that, and also because of that, we couldn't have a drink at the bar (too cold), breakfast or even stay any longer than we had to. Very unfortunate as I've stayed at lots of Novotels and had lovely experiences.

Room Tip: Take your warm clothes and a heater with you. Drive your smallest car as parking very tight.
Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rowena C
Matt Y, Cheif Engineer at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Rowena,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty parking your vehicle; I can understand that some bays are a little smaller than other. We do have two Car Parks available, and we recommend the Upper Level to our guests with larger vehicle’s.

By way of explanation and by no means an excuse our Air Conditioning system uses fresh intake air which is delivered from the level 13 plant room central AHU supply air to the accommodation levels with a central ducted floor level pressure relief air fan. However, each guest room FCU is stand alone and provided with cooling and heating coils a wall mounted room thermostat that allows for individual guest control of the unit. This will still fluctuate in accordance with the centralised heating/cooling output.

Due to the unpredictable sticky and then cool Perth winter weather each day we try to reconcile the most appropriate resting temperature for our hotel guests and provide portable heaters as an alternative. But we can most certainly appreciate that this may not ideal for your individual comfort levels and I do sincerely apologise that this has really let down your stay on this occasion.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail or if I can be of any assistance.

Viran
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel, basic, no frills. Parking was atrocious unless all guests drive minis! The bays are so narrow it's amazing they can get away with calling them parking bays!
Staff are very friendly and helpful. Even organised us a take away breakfast due to an early start.BUT NO HEATING IN THE ROOMS. Brrrrr! A plug in oil heater is available upon request. Probably wouldn't stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank emma p
Dear Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Novotel Perth Langley. I am glad to hear that our team here were able to look after you with an early breakfast for your trip home; excellent customer service is most certainly our top priority here.

Due to the unpredictable sticky and then cool Perth winter weather each day we try to reconcile the most appropriate resting temperature for our hotel guests and provide portable heaters as an alternative. But we can most certainly appreciate that this may not ideal for your individual comfort level.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a much better all round experience next time.

Viran
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed in Novotel for two nights and was a pleasant stay with good service and rooms.

However the internet charge was excessive for the two days where I had no alternative and had to use it for business. I know other Hotels in the area give free internet at a reasonable speed in your room and I think the Novotel should follow the lead. There was no indication of internet costs in any of their advertising.

I would stay if on a leisure trip, however not for business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Matt Y, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Loogle0504,

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments around your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and the team here were able to assist and ensure you had a comfortable stay; customer service is most certainly our top priority.

I do apologise that you found your in-room internet to be overpriced, as an alternative we do offer unlimited usage of our Mac Corner and complimentary limited WiFi access in our Lobby. I can appreciate that this may not have been ideal for your needs on this particular trip.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Craig
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I went to Perth for the 70th birthday of a friend and chose the Novotel to stay as I am a member of Accor Extra. The price was right and the position right. Of course the room was also right, a large comfortable bed with soft pillows, two armchairs and a number of glossy magasines on the table and a view of the Swan river from the window.. I do not know how old the hotel is but the bathroom appeared a little dated although that was no real problem. I would have liked a classical music station on the TV/radio. I arrived early after an overnight flight and was told that the hotel had a full house the night before, but they found a room after a not too long a wait which I spent reading the paper over a large cup of complimentary coffee in the comfortable lobby. The clerk in reception was extremely pleasant and helpful which set the right mood for the weekend which I thoroughly enjoyed..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Matt Y, Roomsw Division Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Ge0f,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and your birthday party. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued Loyalty towards Accor Hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another great experience.

Craig