“Great Hospitality and Comfy Room”

Novotel Perth Langley
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived really early on a overnight flight and was so tired... thankfully it was not full occupancy and we managed to have early check in and dont need to loiter around in the cold :)

Novotel was one of the hotels we stayed in Perth and by far the best among all. The beds and pillows were comfy (had a bad night in a previous hotel, body was aching due to the mattress n pillows)
Breakfast was adequate and location about 5-10mins walk to Hay Street.
I also checked out the gym.. small but adequate... although I think they need to replace the Yoga mats? those in the gym are really old mats and looks dirty.... was surprised that there was hot jacuzzi tubs on the upper floor too with a nice view of swan river... but take note to bring your swimwear in case u want to use it...

I did stroll around the vicinity of the hotel... if you go downhill.. will bring u towards Swan River.. nice park there to chill...

was also walking distance to Bay Car rentals & Aries Car Rentals... so very convenient for us

Room Tip: ask for a room that has swan river view...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Matt Y, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Cariejhow,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at Novotel Perth Langley.

It's great to hear that we were able to look after you with an early check-in on a chilly Perth morning and you were able to appreciate the great views from our fitness centre up on the top floor. I will share your thanks with our Reception team and follow up with our Housekeeping department on the condition of our yoga mats, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Perth.

Matt

Write a ReviewReviews (2,518)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I wanted to try a new hotel to stay for business and picked the Novotel. I have been pleasantly surprised. I have a lovely corner room on the 12th floor. Great views over the Swan. The room is nice and roomy with a fantastic bed and pillows. The bathroom is too small and ergonomically a bit of a challenge. The buffet breakfast offered eggs cooked the way you like them, great loose leaf tea and organic yoghurt. It is very close to the water and has a Coffee Club across the street for my morning coffee. I would recommend this as a business hotel and even a place to bring my hubby at a future date. Especially to try out the spa on the top floor overlooking the river.

Room Tip: The 12th floor corner room has great views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear PearlyOz,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Perth Langley.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your experience and found our convenient location and great river and city views to be ideal for your business needs.

We look forward to welcoming you and hopefully your husband on your next trip to Perth.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had dinner here with friends food lovely, service ok, but what really let the whole experience down warm bottle of white wine, which took us ages to cool it with ice. Then on finishing our main meal we asked for dessert we were told that we couldn't have any alas the kitchen was closed... We then asked could we just get a cheese platter !the young waitress came back and told us sorry no! omg it was only 10.00 pm and we are in the city.... Really disappointed

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Matt Y, Food and Beverage Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Gail,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.
I have to apologise for the lack of service that you have encountered during your last dinner with us.
I have taken your feedback to my team and spoken with the kitchen team.
I will ensure that we serve cheese and desserts until 11.00 pm.
We have also since increased our par stock levels of refrigerated white wines in the bar, so that we will not run out so quickly.
Thanks again for your constructive comments and we hope to welcome you back at the Novotel.

Ingo
Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff were delightful and extremely helpful. The room (or should I say suite) was huge with sensational views. Fast room service for meals - with a great menu selection for late night snacks and then breakfast downstairs in the restaurant was fabulous. A great central location for business and weekends away. I only wish I could have stayed longer. This will be definitely be my hotel of choice in Perth from now on.

Room Tip: Tip the staff!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Bernadette,

Thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent experience at Novotel Perth Langley.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I am so glad you enjoyed the beautiful views of the Swan River from you suite.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our family spent a couple of nights at the Novotel Langley whilst holidaying in Perth. Although we had previously indicated (whilst making the booking several weeks earlier) that we would require some connecting rooms and some twin rooms, the service staff at the reception were totally at a loss and could not organise our rooms during check in. The entire process took over an hour.

Even after the rooms had been settled, the concierge was unable to organise the bags to be brought to our rooms. We ended up lugging the bags up to our rooms ourselves. For that matter, we also had to unload our bags on our own when we arrived at the hotel. There was nobody at the driveway on hand to assist.

We were also told that, as it was winter, the rooms may be cold. As such, if heating was required, the hotel would be happy to provide small portable heaters. If this was a boutique hotel or a small B&B, this would have been understandable and acceptable. Coming from a big hotel chain like Novotel, this was shocking. The rooms were very chilly (especially the corner rooms since they are bigger and have more windows) and necessitated the request for heaters to be brought up.

In respect of parking, we had informed the hotel that we needed 3 parking bays for the duration of our stay and were accordingly charged A$25 per vehicle per day, which we paid. One evening, we returned from dinner and discovered that both car parks were full. We had to check with the reception, who then very dismissively informed us that parking at the Novotel Langley was on a "first come first serve" basis - even though we were being charged for the parking. We were then told to park opposite at the Pan Pacific. When asked whether we would be charged separately for parking there, nobody could give us an answer. Luckily, we had the foresight to inquire with the Pan Pacific, who duly informed us that there was no parking arrangement between Novotel and them and that, if we parked at the Pan Pacific, we would be charged accordingly.

I was utterly disappointed by our experience at the Novotel Langley. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs. Go to the Pan Pacific, which is right across the road from the Novotel Langley.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank esquire84
Matt Y, Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear esquire84,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Novotel Perth Langley and please accept our sincere apologies that we fell well short on the standards you come to expect from a Novotel.

It is evident that we fell short on an area we pride ourselves on in regards to our guest service from all our staff and we will be sharing your comments and following up with the team to ensure we provide the level of service we strive for here at Novotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and it is our hope that on your next visit to Perth we can welcome you back and win back your faith in the Novotel by providing the level of service you come to expect.

Kind Regards,

Craig Kelmar
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Having stayed here some years ago, this was my first choice upon my recent return to Perth. Located on the main street and only say 10 mins walk from the "center" of town

Price for the room I booked (Superior King Size, including "free" WIFI) was reasonable.

Upon my arrival (10pm), I was presently surprised to be upgraded. When I entered the room, we weren't talking about a minor upgrade, but rather a room with king bed, spa, separate shower, 2 toilets, separate lounge area / kitchen area - loads of space. The room itself was well appointed. The main bathroom was looking a little tired, but overall not an issue. Views to the river from the room were great.

Booking online there was an offer to add on breakfast at a discounted price of $25pp.

Overall my two night stay was very pleasant and all staff I encountered very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Matt Y, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear BCME2010,

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to a deluxe suite and were able to appreciate the beautiful views of the Swan River and central location.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for another memorable experience on your next visit to Perth.

Craig
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Matt Y, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014