“best loacated, affordable & friendly.”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 6 February 2013

this is definatley a gem in the city! ive stayed in all the rooms the hotel has to offer & i was impressed with all of them. the beds are super comfy, the bathroom is really cool, the staff are really friendly & for people from outta town, this is in the heart of perth.
i will continue to stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pilbaraminer
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Pilbaraminer,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review.

It’s fantastic to hear that not only are you a return guest of Pensione Hotel Perth but you have experienced every room type at the hotel and were impressed with them all.

It’s also great to hear of how friendly you found our staff as we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service!

Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly when planning your next visit to Perth as we love to look after our return guest. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Brett Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Hotel and rooms are modern and always very clean and staff are friendly and professional

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here for business and have requested that work book this hotel for all future Perth city trips as I tend to get a different hotel every visit. The only downside which I have rated 4 for overall and rooms is the size of the rooms as they are quiet small however big enough for one, I would be unsure about staying here with my partner due only to the room size though based on how happy I am with everything else I probably would choose to stay here as a couple and deal with it as really only in the room to unwind and sleep!

There is a laundry room (coin operated) and whilst there is no fitness center on site the hotel will give you guest passes to use at Fitness First which is under a 5 min walk from the hotel. The hotel is 5 mins from the river and has a great (and long!) running path which is great for morning runs!

There is a bar and restaurant "My Place" that is a part of the hotel. I have eaten in the restaurant with work colleagues on the previous visit and we were all very happy with the meals. On this visit I have ordered room service from the restaurant (I prefer room service in my PJs rather than dining alone!) and the food has been amazing, I will be ordering the same meal (the fish!) again tomorrow night

There is no actual business center, they have 2 computers that guests can use in the lobby however I needed to print some documents today and the reception staff happily suggested I email the documents to reception and they printed for me. Very happy with the service which I find to be of a high standard with every team member I have encountered on both visits

Location is great, a easy 5 min walk to Murrey St mall and as mentioned very close to the river which is beautiful

• Stayed: February 2013
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear collyalex,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. I am thrilled that you found the hotel suitable for your needs and will be your preferred choice when visiting Perth.

For future stays please keep in mind our larger Deluxe Corporate or Premium rooms. Our Deluxe Corporate rooms have been specifically designed for the corporate traveler and feature a large work area and luggage storage. The Premium rooms are our largest room and features a sitting area with 2 arm chairs and a larger 40” LCD TV.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We have stayed in this hotel before it was refurbished and it has been improved almost beyond recognition. The decor, comfort and cleanliness were fantastic, nice quiet air con, and very friendly staff. we loved the fact that you could only operate the lift with your room card, so felt very secure in the hotel. The only down side was the noise from outside which disturbed my sleep, but this is a central location and noise is to be expected. Having said that, the manager advised me that we could ask for a room away from the street noise next time - so problem sorted. Will definitely stay again, as this hotel is perfect for having a night out in Perth without the worry of how to get home.afterwards.

1  Thank LindsS_13

Dear LindsS_13,

Thanks for your review. I could not agree with you more on the improvement the refurbishment has made to the property as it really is beyond recognition. I am thrilled you had an enjoyable stay with us however would like to apologise for the noise disruption during the night. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and as mentioned we will ensure a room is allocated in a quieter area.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I've lived in Perth for over twenty years, and up until recently, I wasn't aware of the Pensione Hotel. I've been missing out! This hotel is amazing. It's in an ideal location in the heart of the city, and it boasts a beautiful interior, top service, and very comfortable rooms. The rates are fantastic, too.

My parents shouted me a room over the weekend as we had dinner and theatre plans in the city. They've stayed at the Pensione previously and were very impressed. I was even lucky enough to get my room upgraded on arrival, and when we met for breakfast in the morning, my parents were very pleased with their stay. We all found the Pensione to be a great hotel to stay at if you're keen to explore the city and then have somewhere nice to return to, so you can relax and unwind. It's within walking distance of major attractions, public transport, great shopping and restaurants, several popular fast-food joints, and a good city-central supermarket.

I was on the fifth floor and could hear some street noises in the distance during the night, but that's all part of the charm of staying in the heart of the city. All in all, I'm very keen to return to the Pensione and would highly recommend it for its excellent rates, gorgeous interior, and amazing service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear rosemadder255103,

Thanks you for such a positive review. The team always love to receive feedback like this as it makes them so happy they have contributed to your overall experience. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to the city.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times now and will continue to do so. Live locally but like other reviewers prefer a pleasant night in town than the taxi debacle that our city dishes out. Very pleased with renovated bathrooms and yes, beds are really comfortable. Location is perfect. Walking distance to shops, restaurants etc but just away from the noise and busy junctions. Staff very professional and helpful and were happy to assist with a late check out request. Will recommend to friends and business colleagues without hesitation. At last a Perth hotel offering genuine value for money.
James (Perth)

Room Tip: Have always had a room facing Murray St and have had no problems with traffic or pedestrian noise.

Dear Lastminuteequaliser,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased our location, value, service and comfort exceeded you expectations. We love looking after return guest so please contact us directly when you are next in the city on for a night out on the town.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband and I here stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend as we were going out in the city and it was more convenient having a room that catching a taxi back to where we are staying with family. We booked a room on a last minute budget website and the price was great!

The hotel is really right in the city, the room was small but very comfortable and elegantly appointed. Our access card stopped working on the second day but the receptionist was friendly and helpful and fixed it for us immediately.

There is no free parking but it's not a long walk from the station or there is a parking complex across the road. Overall a great little stay in a stylish hotel for a few nights in the city. Would definitely recommend and will be returning!

3  Thank kazleberry
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear kazleberry,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. It is so great to hear that you found the hotel to be perfect for your needs. Our central location and “elegantly” appointed rooms make it an ideal choice for a night or 2 out in the city or even a longer stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to the city.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

This hotel was fantastic!!! This has been one of the best hotels i have stayed in both in australia and overseas!!
The beds are just amazing and it was the best three nights sleep i have had in 63 years!!! (Please let me know where you purchased these beds from). The staff were very friendly and helpful, the service was second to none.If you need to get away i highly recommend you stay at this hotel. Cant say it enough but i highly enjoyed my time at the Pensione Hotel and will definately come back... see you soon!!! Regards Momcilo Skender

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear momcilo s,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Providing a positive guest experience is at the core of what we do and I am absolutely delighted that this was your experience especially in relation to the amazingly comfortable beds and service being “second to none”. I have certainly passed your feedback onto the team which made them extremely happy.

Should you be returning to Perth in the future please contact the hotel directly as we would love the opportunity to be of service to you again!