“Perfect !”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Pensione while in Perth for work. Usually I find Perth accommodation to be very expensive however the Pensione was extremely well priced and booking was simple.
The location is perfect - if you are in Perth for leisure - it is right next to the main shopping strip and the train station.
As I was in Perth for work, I didn't need to hire a car because of the location of the Pensione, I could walk to where my meetings were.
The bed was VERY comfortable, I felt safe, the rooms were clean and quiet and the bathroom was a good size. Staff are friendly.
I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 288AnnaD
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear 288AnnaD,

Thank you for your kind words!

I am so pleased that you found your booking process simple, and the hotel to be great value as it can be very hard to find in such a busy city with accommodation being in high demand.

We are thrilled to hear that you loved our central location as much as we do, and you found our service, cleanliness and bed to be of a high standard to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Please contact us directly when you are returning to Perth as we love welcoming back our return guests!

Brett Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed 2 April 2013

had a great stay, value for money, room was very clean. would definitely be staying here again on my next business trip to Perth.
Was in Perth on business so didn't have time for any sightseeing, but walking distance to the mall.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 947MariaP
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear 947MariaP,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Pensione Hotel highlighting the benefit of our central location, economical rates, and cleanliness of our rooms.

Please contact us directly when you plan on returning to Perth as we would love to welcome you back and show you what Perth City has to offer!

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed here for one night, the staff friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and I found no faults besides my airconditioner was a bit too cold for me i and couldnt turn it down or off, that was resolved if I took the key out so I am just being picky.Grab a good deal on wotif. The rooms are small compared to some places but they are also nice, up to date decor and well maintained, I'd rather stay in a small room with these features than a large room with shoddy furnishings, etc. if your on holidays the size of the room shouldn't really matter anyway you should be out exploring what Perth and its surrounds has to offer not in your room.
The hotel has a restaurant next door which also offers room service not a bad menu selection. Maybe a soup added?
it is close to the city, supermarkets and transport. I didn't try the breakfast selection on offer but I did make full use of the free wifi. Much appreciated. Perth accomodation can be expensive and for what I paid I definitely got my money's worth in comparison. Yes I will stay here again. Thank you.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear lazysundaze,

Thank you for such a positive and informative review.

It’s so delightful to hear that you found the hotel to be great value after booking yourself a good deal especially considering the high demand for accommodation in Perth. Even though it was a short visit, it’s also great to hear that you found our staff helpful and friendly and the hotel clean, up to date and well maintained. We pride ourselves on our service and product and your kind words have been passed on to the team.

Although you mentioned that you were comfortable in your room throughout your stay we do have a number of different room types available which are more spacious with some featuring large working desks or a sitting area with 2 arm chairs.

We are pleased you enjoyed the convenience of the complimentary WIFI but it’s a shame you didn't get to experience Miss Maud’s famous buffet breakfast as we have had so much positive feedback about it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Be sure to contact us directly so we can look after you with the best available rate.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

If u want to stay somewhere as small as your bathroom then stay here. Barely enough room to walk around your bed let alone get dressed. Room had a spew stain from night before and hotel reception tried to blame us and we only received half of our bond back :( Horrible staff and Horrible Reputation. Why do you think they changed there name. Great Location tho

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank MissWalker22190

Hi MissWalker22190,

Thank You for providing your feedback.

It extremely disappointing to read your review especially since your stay was more than 12 months ago in February 2012. I can assure you your experience does not reflect the high standard of service and cleanliness that our guests enjoy and regularly share with fellow travellers on Trip Advisor.

The hotel completed a full refurbishment and rebranding in June 2012 and has a wide range of room types and sizes available. The Standard Double room which you stayed in is cosy and compact in size however I am sure our larger Deluxe Corporate or Premium Rooms would have been more suitable for your needs.

I have sent you a private message in regards to not receiving your full bond back and hope that you contact me as soon as possible so we can resolve this matter. Unfortunately our procedures were not followed on this occasion and the issue was not fully investigated however you were not placed in a dirty room.

We are committed to continually improving our product and services and we are proud of what we have achieved. Particularly, the last 12 months has received extremely positive feedback and Trip Advisor reviews. I would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so you are able to experience the hotel in much more positive light.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My fiancé and I stayed 4 nights at the Pensione in Perth and were very impressed with the hotel. The rates were very high but cheap compared to most of similar standard in Perth. The hotel is perfectly located in the CBD. Plenty of food options, convenience stores and public transport nearby. You can walk to the Esplanade station in 15 minutes, many bus stops also on St Georges Terrace but do check the bus times in advance as the busses do not come very often, especially at weekends or public holidays. Despite this, the busses do pretty much come at the exact time it states on the timetables. Perth is very expensive but it is possible to get by if you are careful. We brought bowls, spoons and a box of cereal for us to have for breakfast and there are lots of water fountains around the city to fill up a water bottle to save buying bottle after bottle. The hotel didn't give complimentary water but did offer a breakfast from the restaurant opposite (Miss Maud) at around $22 but we didn't have it. We were given complimentary wifi during our stay and it was good. They also have 2 computers in the lobby and the bar next door has free wifi which you could pick up from the hotel lobby. The bar was shut during our time there (Easter) so we didn't get to use it. The reception staff were very helpful all the time and gave us a free map and lots of directions. Our room was very small but totally fine for us. It was spotlessly clean and made up every day with new towels etc. The TV in our room (305) was a bit crackly (always see this problem with Samsung TV's) but just before we leave in 10 minutes I will let the staff know. The room had a hairdryer and an iron with ironing board. Also a safety deposit box and fridge and plenty space for clothes. The Perth CBD reminded me a bit of Wolverhampton in the West Midlands. There were a fair few tramps and beggars around and we also got approached by a mouthy kid one night asking for money. We also heard a fight happening outside our room and one night a shop alarm was sounding for a while before the police showed up. So just make sure you have your wits about you when walking around during the evening but generally we found it to be a safe area. The hotel kept our luggage for us as our flight was late and they also let us check in a few hours early which was a great help. All in all, a great stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank euphmag
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear euphmag,

Thank you for such a comprehensive review!

To find reasonably priced accommodation in Perth’s busy city can be difficult and it is fantastic to hear such positive feedback in regards to our great value, central location and helpful staff. The team are always eager to make our guests stay as relaxing, comfortable and carefree as possible.

As the hotel is centrally located in the city there can be some street noise experienced. One of our friendly receptionists would have been more than happy to organise a room move away from this area if made aware during your stay and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Miss Maud is famous for their Buffet Breakfast and it is a shame you did not get to experience it for yourself. I am pleased however you did enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and use of the computers in our foyer.

For any future travels back to Perth please contact us directly as we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Perth is one of the most expensive places I have ever sayed in so to find such a good quality hotel in a centra position for such a brilliant price was fantastic. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Dear Jackie M,

Thank you for your great feedback!

You are correct in regards to the rates in Perth being quite high especially during the week when demand is very high due to corporate business. I am so glad to hear that you found Pensione Hotel great value for money and our locality more than convenient.

We pride ourselves on providing great customer service and I am thrilled that you were able to experience this throughout your stay.

When you are returning to Perth in the future please contact us directly as we love welcoming back our return guests.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Good location, I was working in town so easy for me. Room nice, clean and reasonably spacious however it really smelled like food- air con connected to kitchen maybe? Kept my window open and ran air con the whole time. Room service pretty limited, no food after 9. Bed v comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MissESydney
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear MissESydney,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I am so glad to hear your positive comments in regards to our central location, comfortable bed and cleanliness of the room. I sincerely apologise however for the cooking odour that you experienced during your stay. This issue is isolated to 2 rooms and is intermittent which has made it difficult to isolate the source. We are working towards finding a solution and should have this resolved very soon. We would have been more than happy to move you to another room if made aware of this during you stay.

I will certainly pass on your feedback in regards to the trading hours of My Place Bar and Restaurant to their management team. Our friendly team would have loved to have suggested some of their favourite alternative places close by.

Please contact us directly should you be returning to Perth as we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Kind Regards