“Decent Small Room But Noisy”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The hotel is located conveniently smack in the city centre so getting around is extremely convenient. When I hailed a cab from Perth Airport my driver wasn't aware of this hotel's name (I presume it's because it's only been recently renamed) - so make sure you have some sort of map, address or landmarks on hand before you go.

The hotel receptionist staff is very helpful - we arrived at 10.30 in the morning, and while our room was still unavailable, they offered to store our luggage in a locked luggage storage area.

The room itself is relatively small but kind of expected given the price and the location. It's well maintained and clean.

One downside of staying in this place is that it's located directly adjacent to a loud bar - on our first night (Saturday). The loud bass music is clearly audible in our room on the 6th floor (second highest), and this went on until at least 12am which was when we drifted off to sleep. It's something to watch out for if you are staying on Friday or Saturday, and I presume wouldn't be a problem on most other days (our subsequent Sunday night was quiet and uneventful).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear youngyew,

Thank You for your feedback.

We are always receiving such positive reviews in regards to our central location, economical rates and cleanliness of our rooms and I am so glad that you were able to experience this.

The hotel has had a full refurbishment and re-branding that was completed a year ago and unfortunately this did cause some confusion for taxi drivers although we did notify all taxi companies at the end of the refurbishment to ensure that all of their drivers were aware of these changes.

I am thrilled to hear that our team were helpful and provided you with the option to store your luggage until your room became available.

My Place Bar and Restaurant is run independently to the hotel and some noise can be experienced on Friday and Saturday nights as it is the busiest period. If informed, one of our team members would have been more than happy to find a room more suitable for you to minimise your disturbance. We will certainly pass your feedback onto the management team from My Place in regards to the closing hours.

When returning to Perth please contact us directly as we would love to welcome back.

Brett Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I travel toPerth frequently for work and always have difficulties in getting accommodation that is comfortable and value for money. I was booked into. Standard room for 3 nights. Price was great for Perth. Rooms were very small- so small that there is no where to open your suitcase out completely. Bed and pillows were good. I'm glad I didn't want to work in the room as the desk and stool would not have been good. Bathroom was small but did the job. The place felt new. Breakfast was served across the road at Miss Maud's, standard buffet.

I would return due to the price and location.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Honkin243,

Thank you for your review!

I am delighted that even with demand for accommodation in Perth being high especially during the week that you found the hotel to be comfortable and great value for money. This is something that “Pensione Hotels” have become renowned for in all of our capital city locations around Australia.

It is great to see that you would return to stay with us, so please contact us directly as we would love for you to experience one of our larger rooms during you next stay.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Was a wonderful stay. And is a very clean and great hotel with fabulous staff
The bed was fabulously comfortable and i did not want to get out.
Location was founded to be in a brilliant locyion.
I Will deffinatly be recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Dannyelle E,

Thank You for providing such a positive review!

It is so fantastic to hear that you found the team to be fabulous, your room clean and location brilliant. We are always receiving positive feed back in regards to our beds and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy them for yourself.

We can’t wait to welcome you back when you are next in the city!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Disappointed that parking was not available as advertised and had to find our own parking in a public car park. Room size is small which would be ok if there were some way of organising your suitcases. Price was good but overall could do better.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Henry P

Dear Henry P,

Thank You for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I would like to sincerely apologise that you were disappointed with your recent stay. We do have limited car parking on site which does need to be pre-booked to guarantee a spot. This information is included on our website and all third party websites however sometimes cannot be as prominent as we would prefer. We do have numerous public car parking options close to the hotel and I hope our friendly team was able to direct you to one of these.

It’s fantastic to hear that you found the hotel to be of great value, although in regards to your room size we do have a number of different room types that may have been more suitable for you. Our Deluxe Corporate room features a large working desk and our Premium room feature a small lounge area with two arm chairs.

It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again so please contact myself or one of our friendly team members directly and we will look after your requirements.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed for a night in Apr 2013 on working trip. This used to be the Aaron hotel now renamed and part of a bigger change.

The location is excellent for the price. The rooms are newly renovated and modern although very very small. You would have trouble moving around the room with a regular size luggage. The room comes with the usual complement of coffee n tea. The toilet has towels, soap, shampoo n conditioner. There is wifi avail although there are charges if u wish to connect with a computer. That's all.

Would probably not stay here if I m travelling w family. Not much service either.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Jangtravels,

Thank You for your feedback!

I am so glad to hear that even after our full refurbishment last year you found our hotel great value and the location to be excellent.

Please keep in mind our other room types which provide large working desks or a sitting area with 2 arm chairs as I am sure these are ideal for the traveller wanting more space to enjoy.

I am extremely disappointed to hear that you found our service to be lacking. We pride ourselves on providing a positive guest experience and we regularly receive fantastic feedback on our customer service and I sincerely apologise that this was not the case on this occasion.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please contact the hotel directly when you are next visiting Perth.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed in a standard room. It was clean, with modern decor but TINY. I had to store my bag in the bathroom as there was no space in the room. The "desk" was so crowed it was impossible to work at and had a little stool rather than a chair. I would not stay here again.

We had purchased the room through WOTIF and it was acceptable for the price. I would be outraged to have paid the rack rate for the room. We were there for a conference so fortunately didn't have to spend much time in the room. If you are looking for somewhere central and inexpensive then this may suit you but next time I will pay extra to be able to hang my clothes up so they don't get crushed and work in my room rather than the foyer.

I also felt that it missed some of the attention to detail I expect from a boutique hotel. The wardrobe is not full length so my dresses and coats were crushed. There is an iron and table top-ironing board in the room but the 'desk" is so tiny you would have to place the board on the floor. There was a guest laundry so I could iron there. There were no hand towels in the bathroom, just full towels and face-washes, no showercap and no conditioner.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Water-eng-girl

Dear Water-eng-girl,

Thank You for your constructive feedback.

I can appreciate that our standard rooms are cosy and we do recommend these for solo travellers especially for short stays. We do have a number of room types available which I’m sure would have been more suitable. If given the opportunity, one of our team members would have organised a room move for you immediately to ensure that you would be comfortable for the remainder of your stay. Our deluxe corporate rooms feature a large working desk which is ideal for corporate travellers.

I am saddened to hear that you found the size of our cupboards unsatisfactory. A full refurbishment of the property was completed in 2012 and we are always looking at ways to improve the designs in our rooms. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will certainly be passed onto our head of design so that they can be considered in any future works. I am pleased however you were able to utilise our laundry facilities.

I sincerely apologise that the amenities provided in the room were not replenished properly. All rooms should be provided with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and soap with additional items such as shower caps and vanity kits available on request at reception. Further training has been provided to ensure this improves in the future.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so you can experience the hotel in a more positive light. Please contact me directly so that I can personally look after your reservation and provide you with a complimentary upgrade to one of our larger rooms.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is an excellent hotel in a central location. Just a few minutes' walk from the trains, buses shopping and restaurants. Very helpful reception staff and 24/7 service. Room small but all you need. I will choose this hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear NevilleB,

Thank you for your positive review.

We are delighted you found us to be a “Great find” due to our central location and helpful service.

Please consider our Deluxe Corporate or Premium rooms when you next visit Perth as we would love for you to experience one of these larger rooms.