“Right in the heart of the city”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights before heading down to Margaret River, it was the perfect location, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very new and clean. The rooms are VERY small, but they have been well designed to include your wardrobe, fridge, safe and tea making facilities, big flat screen TV on the wall and a good bathroom too.
I would stay here again if I needed accommodation in Perth.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adairclay
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Adairclay,

Thanks for your kind review.

Our Standard rooms although cosy and compact have been cleverly designed indeed to utilise the space in the best possible way and still provide everything you need!

I am delighted you found the staff friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and our location perfect.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Perth.

There are newer reviews for Pensione Hotel Perth

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This refurbished gem, houses some of the most welcoming staff I have ever met. It is obvious the staff have worked hard to make this hotel feel like a second home for travelers and were genuinely interested in making our stay comfortable and pleasant.

I usually always have an opinion about how people can better run their business. Not this time - It was spot on. They obviously know what they are doing and do it with confidence.

I highly recommend this cosy clean affordable hotel. The bed was so comfortable - I wanted to take it home.

They even have free access to fitness first up the road.

Remember to grab a voucher from reception for the most amazing Miss Maud's buffet breakfast at a discounted rate.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe for a that extra room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoustenBro
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear HoustenBro,

Reading your review makes me so proud of my team and what we have achieved since the refurbishment was completed nearly 12 months ago. Providing exceptional customer service is what we strive to do every day and to know we have made such a difference to your stay makes it all the more worthwhile.

We are still on such a high from reading your review and this will motivate us even more in the future. Thank you so much for your kind words!

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel when you return to Perth.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this modern, clean and affordable hotel. It's a stones throw away from the main shopping district and has plenty of amenities closeby. Staff are friendly and helpful. Good wifi and room service.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear bigtamster,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel!

I am glad to hear you found our hotel good value, the staff friendly and the location central. The team are always very grateful to receive such feedback.

We can’t wait to look after you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had stayed at this hotel some years ago and had not been impressed. Because of the name change I didn't realise I'd booked the same hotel, so was a little nervous when the taxi pulled up outside. However, I was impressed with the changes. The hotel is plain but tasteful and the rooms were small but clean, neat and well planned. The receptionists were warm, friendly and helpful, and I received prompt and kind service from the maintenance man when I mucked up the safe lock. The location is great and the breakfasts at Miss Maud's across the day are great value and enough to keep you going all day. If you're looking for a budget hotel in a great location, then this is it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't back on to the bar downstairs, as this can be noisy on Friday and Sa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jane C,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review on our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our central location and found our service friendly. I have certainly passed you kind words onto the team.

We have received a lot of positive feedback about Miss Maud buffet breakfast and I’m so happy that you got to experience it yourself.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Perth.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I recently stayed at Pensione Hotel Perth. On my arrival, I was a little confused that the website showed this elegant, pleasant looking rooms. The outside of the building made me think that I had arrived t the wrong place. Anyway, I checked in, and the facility inside is exactly what was the vision I had and was led to believe the place would look like. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and thanks to Brett and his staff for a very pleasurable stay. Looking forward to my next trip.

PS - The room service meals are amazing!!!!

Room Tip: Keep doing what your doing because it works!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Marty W,

Thank you for your feedback.

As they say “you can’t judge a book by its cover” and we certainly like to create a warm and inviting atmosphere as soon as you arrive at the hotel. With the refurbishment completed last year this has definitely created a home away from home.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Perth.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Had not heard of this establishment before but needed somewhere reasonably cheap to stay for one night. Was a bit a apprehensive but was very pleasantly surprised. Before I arrived I requested to be upgraded to another room. This was done for me at no charge! I was also allowed to book in at 12noon instead of 2pm and check out at 12.00 noon the next day instead of 10am. The receptionist was extremely pleasant and helpful even giving my granddaughter a little box of chocolates on arrival. Obviously not 5 star but comfortable, cheap and clean. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Marilee M.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We always strive to provide the best service and will do everything possible to cater for special requests to ensure your stay is more comfortable and enjoyable. I am pleased we were able to assist you with an early check-in, late check-out and room upgrade.

Thank you for your great feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

A one night business trip and this hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of Perth.The downside to this is that as the hotel sits on a corner you are subjected to the constant beeps of the pedestrian crossings up to near midnight and the noise from drunks et al all through the night.
The rooms are small but clean, I was in in fact upgraded but couldn't see what from - maybe a cupboard. Bring you're own water as the water from the taps tastes awful and it's not chlorine. Furthermore the bottled water they put in the room is $7.50 for a litre.

I didn't but I'd recommend pre booking your car park space as there are only about 7 available and the street parking is on an hourly basis - hotel charges $25 a day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear alexkyp

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It’s great to hear how you found the location of Pensione Hotel Perth so convenient for your business trip, although I am saddened to hear that the comfort of your stay was affected due to outside noise. Our friendly team at reception would have been more than happy you assist you with moving to a room away from this area and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We have a number of different room types here at the hotel and you were upgraded to our Deluxe Corporate room which are ideal for the corporate traveller. If more space is required we would recommend our Premium Double rooms which feature a sitting area with two arm chairs and 40” inch LED TV’s.

Thank you for you tip regarding booking car parking. We certainly do have limited parking on site and definitely recommend this is pre-booked to guarantee a spot.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.