“Fantasic value for money”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The staff were very friendly and efficient. We had a superior room which was worth the extra. The room was large, beautifully finished and very clean. The bathroom was a good size and the bed very comfortable. The position of the hotel to the city centre was excellent - a five minute walk. There were carparking facilities under the hotel in a secure location. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RossonWyeUKDeb
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear RossonWyeUKDeb,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel.

I am really pleased you found Pensione Hotel Perth to be fantastic value for money, the team friendly and efficient and your room spacious and clean. Our Premium rooms certainly provide that extra space if required.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Perth.

Brett Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is apart of the 8Hotels chain which I am a massive fan of. You generally get a well priced, well equipped room in a great location.

This hotel was perfectly located just walking distance from the heart of the city. It's also easy to grab a meal of any kind as there are many good outlets located close by.

The rooms are stylish and clean. Simple decor with a touch of elegance. Well equipped with all the essentials as the 8Hotels usually are. Rooms are small and really made for comfort and sleeping opposed to spending half the day inside your room. Hotel is quiet with little street noise (considering how centrally located it is).

Staff at the Pensione were really helpful. They directed me in the right direction for everything I needed and booked my airport transfers quickly and hassle free. Really great service.

Great little hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Charlie C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled you are one of 8Hotels biggest fans! We certainly have an eclectic collection of boutique properties that provide unique experiences in fantastic locations.

Since the full refurbishment of Pensione Hotel was completed last year we have received so many positive comments about the simple yet stylish décor and are pleased you found this to be the case.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to an 8Hotels property soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights before heading down to Margaret River, it was the perfect location, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very new and clean. The rooms are VERY small, but they have been well designed to include your wardrobe, fridge, safe and tea making facilities, big flat screen TV on the wall and a good bathroom too.
I would stay here again if I needed accommodation in Perth.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adairclay

Dear Adairclay,

Thanks for your kind review.

Our Standard rooms although cosy and compact have been cleverly designed indeed to utilise the space in the best possible way and still provide everything you need!

I am delighted you found the staff friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and our location perfect.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Perth.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This refurbished gem, houses some of the most welcoming staff I have ever met. It is obvious the staff have worked hard to make this hotel feel like a second home for travelers and were genuinely interested in making our stay comfortable and pleasant.

I usually always have an opinion about how people can better run their business. Not this time - It was spot on. They obviously know what they are doing and do it with confidence.

I highly recommend this cosy clean affordable hotel. The bed was so comfortable - I wanted to take it home.

They even have free access to fitness first up the road.

Remember to grab a voucher from reception for the most amazing Miss Maud's buffet breakfast at a discounted rate.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe for a that extra room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoustenBro
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear HoustenBro,

Reading your review makes me so proud of my team and what we have achieved since the refurbishment was completed nearly 12 months ago. Providing exceptional customer service is what we strive to do every day and to know we have made such a difference to your stay makes it all the more worthwhile.

We are still on such a high from reading your review and this will motivate us even more in the future. Thank you so much for your kind words!

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel when you return to Perth.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this modern, clean and affordable hotel. It's a stones throw away from the main shopping district and has plenty of amenities closeby. Staff are friendly and helpful. Good wifi and room service.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear bigtamster,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel!

I am glad to hear you found our hotel good value, the staff friendly and the location central. The team are always very grateful to receive such feedback.

We can’t wait to look after you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had stayed at this hotel some years ago and had not been impressed. Because of the name change I didn't realise I'd booked the same hotel, so was a little nervous when the taxi pulled up outside. However, I was impressed with the changes. The hotel is plain but tasteful and the rooms were small but clean, neat and well planned. The receptionists were warm, friendly and helpful, and I received prompt and kind service from the maintenance man when I mucked up the safe lock. The location is great and the breakfasts at Miss Maud's across the day are great value and enough to keep you going all day. If you're looking for a budget hotel in a great location, then this is it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't back on to the bar downstairs, as this can be noisy on Friday and Sa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jane C,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review on our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our central location and found our service friendly. I have certainly passed you kind words onto the team.

We have received a lot of positive feedback about Miss Maud buffet breakfast and I’m so happy that you got to experience it yourself.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Perth.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I recently stayed at Pensione Hotel Perth. On my arrival, I was a little confused that the website showed this elegant, pleasant looking rooms. The outside of the building made me think that I had arrived t the wrong place. Anyway, I checked in, and the facility inside is exactly what was the vision I had and was led to believe the place would look like. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and thanks to Brett and his staff for a very pleasurable stay. Looking forward to my next trip.

PS - The room service meals are amazing!!!!

Room Tip: Keep doing what your doing because it works!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Marty W,

Thank you for your feedback.

As they say “you can’t judge a book by its cover” and we certainly like to create a warm and inviting atmosphere as soon as you arrive at the hotel. With the refurbishment completed last year this has definitely created a home away from home.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Perth.