“Good Perth location”

Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“Good Perth location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on business and found this to be a affordable and very comfortable hotel. Staff were friendly and located in a good area of Perth city. Close to a variety of restaurants , shopping and pubs. The rooms are clean and reasonable in size , limited car parking and very expensive daily fee but this was the only down side of this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank shane a
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear shane a,

Thank you so much for your review!

I am thrilled that you loved our location, our friendly service and found our rooms to be affordable and comfortable for your needs.

The hotel does have limited undercover secure parking onsite for $25 per night which we recommend to book in advance to ensure a spot is reserved. There are a number of additional options available close by including on street parking which is free after 6pm – 8am or numerous public car parks which cost a minimum of $30 overnight. All of these options should have been provided to you and I apologise if this was not the case.

We hope to have an opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Brett Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I've given the hotel 4 stars but its more 3.5. There is fresh paint on the walls, the bathroom has been upgraded and the shower doesn't leak water on the floor like so many other hotels in this price range. The downs are thin walls (thankfully no wild parties on when I was there). You can hear the traffic noises. More good points; its on the edge of the CBD, good coffee place up the road, pub located downstairs to the hotel, lots of Korean restaurants in the area. Doesn't have the $300+ price tag as the CBD hotels have. I'd stay there again but as the room is small and basic I might check out a larger room. Front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Michael E,

Thank you for your feedback!

I am delighted that you found our hotel great value and enjoyed our central location. We have a number of great restaurants and cafes in the area and I am glad you got to enjoy them as much as we do. I have also passed on your kind words to the team.

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel!

Warm regards,

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I spent four nights here while attending a conference at the Convention Centre which was a 15min walk through the CBD. It is well situated and close to airport shuttle bus and public bus services.

I had a standard double which was a good price but would not have suited had I not gone on my own as it was quite small and would have been a bit of a squeeze. That said, the room was well provisioned, clean and quiet. The hotel staff were lovely and very helpful.

I would definitely stay here again but would opt for a larger corporate or premium double if I went with the family,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Chequer99
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Chequer99,

Thank you for providing your feedback and I hope you conference was enjoyable.

We are really lucky to be so centrally located and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of this. I have passed on your kind words to the team and it is feedback such as this that inspires us so thank you.

We can’t wait to welcome you and hopefully your family to the hotel in the future.

Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Perth is a very expensive city for accommodation. In other capital cities I would expect much more. Rooms are small so ok for a night. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bottled water in room was $7.50 which is very expensive. Good location and close to supermarket, shops, cinema and river. Not sure I would stay here with a family.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear KJU,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

I am disappointed you found the hotel to be basic. The facilities that the hotel provides are more than adequate for most of our guests and I apologise that you found this not to be the case. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable accommodation in a fantastic location and always ensure our guests receive genuine, friendly and helpful Service.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and please keep in mind our larger Deluxe Corporate or Premium rooms.

Busselton, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were in Perth for one night, just needed a bed really for an early flight next morning. Tis place was perfect for that. Great service, helpful with parking info and walking distance to a lot of things. The room wasn't big at all, but was more than adequate for what we were needing. We managed to grab a fabulous deal off one of the hotel booking websites (we paid $89 for 2 adults).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Xpm2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am thrilled you found Pensione Perth perfect for your needs and managed to secure a fantastic online deal.

We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Having stayed previously at this hotel (formerly Aarons) we have no hesitation at booking our next stay in Perth at Pensione. Our room was great, lots of room, quiet, great bed and nice big modern tv. Our bathroom was roomy and would recommend it to anyone who asks 'where to stay in Perth'.

Room Tip: My only comment would be to have a rail in the bathroom to hang towels/clothes etc.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank June M
Dear JuneM,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It really was a pleasure to have you here and I am so happy that you continue to enjoy staying with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel in W.A. and I've stayed in several for work. I was quite surprised at how nice it was as I hadn't a high expectation based on price. The bed was extremely comfortable and the staff excellent. When I requested a copy of my bill via email it was sent within seconds. Also close to a great coffee place for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Diane S,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and are thrilled you found this to be the case not only based on the great value we offer but also our comfortable beds and excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.