“Cosy comfort”

Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Queensland
“Cosy comfort”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay in a smaller room. If you are only staying for a night or two they are perfect and reasonably priced. Super comfy bed and lovely and clean. Would give the restaurant downstairs a miss though. Parking in building was handy and only a little bit dearer than city parking facilities

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear 75Noodle,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and although our Standard rooms are cosy you still found them to be comfy, clean and good value.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and if you do ever require extra space we recommend our Deluxe Corporate and Premium rooms.

Brett Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night after a long trek across the Nullabour in need of a comfy bed, shower and good nights sleep.
Reception staff awesome - arrived dusty and in desperate need of a shower late evening and realised my credit car for pre authorisation locked away in bag. No problem - lovely reception chap was like go shower etc and bring it to me later (thanks!!).
Room compact but adequate for a one night stay and loved the shower. Beds comfy. My only problem was I stayed a Friday night and despite being on the 6th floor I was over the bar below and it was karaoke night! Cue up until midnight terrible versions of various songs although it was quite entertaining playing guess the song!! Then the usual pub chucking out noise but all was quiet after twelve thirty (shame I was up at 7 to catch a flight).
So look it almost ticked all the boxes except the peaceful nights sleep but I think that's just my bad luck staying on a Friday!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Pommie_Kate,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel.

I am absolutely delighted that you found my front desk team to be awesome and we were able to find you a room straight away after your dusty trip across the Nullabor. We certainly endeavour to go above and beyond for all of our guests and I am pleased you found this to be the case.

I am disappointed to hear that the noise from the bar disturbed your sleep. One of my friendly team could have moved you to a room away from this area and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. I am pleased to advise however we will be installing double glazed windows in all of our rooms which will eliminate a majority of outside noise. This should be completed mid this year.

Please contact us when you next visit Perth as we would love to welcome you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Wonderfully located in the centre of Perth. Walk to everything. Even has limited car parking for $25.00 per night in adjoining hotel. Good bar and restaurant attached o the hotel, with discounts of 10% per people staying. Rooms very clean but very small, well appointed with comfy beds and pillows. Not much room to store the suitcase. Nice bathrooms. An excellent place for a short stay in Perth.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north seem to be slightly bigger.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear John A,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am pleased you were able to enjoy and take advantage of our fantastic location and facilities and found our property excellent for short stays. We are also perfectly suited for longer stays in our Deluxe Corporate and Premium Rooms which are larger and north facing as you have mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Perth.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The location is great with easy access to everything in central Perth. Above all the staff was so helpful and i do not have words to describe that. It was a night mare when my zipper broke late at night just before the day my flight was scheduled and there was no time to buy a new one. The person in the reception was so kind and very helpful. He came and fixed half of it and it was midnight then. Early in the morning just before I leave he came and helped me to duck tape the suitcase. He even help me to carry the suitcase all the way to the road and showed me the bus stop where the shuttle bus stop. My day was saved because of the help I received from this person. Unfortunately I did know the name of the person.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dinithi_Peiris
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Dinithi_Peris,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.

The team always strive to go above and beyond and I am thrilled that we more than delivered on this occasion and your suitcase was patched up so you could catch your flight. I have certainly passed your kind words onto this team member and we hope that you suitcase lasted the journey!

Please contact us should you be returning to Perth as we would love to welcome you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The hotel is very centrally located right in the heart of Perth CBD, that means easy access to the offices, pubs and shopping. Due to the location, space is really tight and the room I had was almost like a broom closet. You walk in and the bed is practically within 3 steps from the door. Hardly any space for suitcases.

I left my rented car along the street parking outside the hotel and only to find, in the next morning, the wind screen is completely shattered by vandals. Not the hotel's fault but it's worth booking a secure parking if you intend to drive.

Generally the rooms are clean, the check-in is quick and efficient. The pub can be rather noisy and rowdy on Friday night. However on Saturday, the city is completely deserted and not much goes on.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KahChin
Dear KahChin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our efficient service, clean rooms and central location which gave you easy access to shopping restaurants and attractions.

I am however disappointed to hear that your car was damaged while parked on the street. We do have limited undercover secure parking on site that does need to be pre-booked to secure a spot. There is also a number of other off street car park options close by to the hotel and I apologise if this information was not provided to you and for any inconvenience caused.

Our standard rooms are certainly cosy and compact and perfect for the solo traveller. If extra space is required we recommend our Deluxe Corporate and Premium rooms so please keep this in mind for future visits.

We would love to accommodate you again so please contact the hotel directly when you are next in Perth.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated to walk to everything in town or to catch the free bus just outside the door and explore further afield. I asked for a nice quiet room and was not disappointed. It was very compact and I kept my luggage in the cupboard, but I expected that as I chose the budget option. The room was clean and well looked after during my stay and the ladies at the desk were very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lifel0nglearner
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Lifel0nglearner,

I appreciate your kind words and am thrilled you found our central location convenient, the service very helpful and our rooms clean and well maintained.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Perth

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel 3 nights. Room was very clean and comfortable. Maybe a bit more space would have been nice, but not a big issue. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
A short walk to everything in the city. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There was apub downstairs that had music , on level 3 we could just hear it. Not enough to disturb u...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jhnt909
Dear jhnt909,

Thanks for your review and positive comments. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and found our hotel to be great value.

Please keep in mind our larger Deluxe Corporate and Premium rooms for your future needs as we would love to welcome you back.