“Stay was ok, there is better In Perth”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Perth
“Stay was ok, there is better In Perth”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed three weeks for a business trip. The room was exceptionally small, and there is a lip that steps up in the bathroom. Even though there is a sign, "step up" at 3am, it's a stubbed toe. I stripped the bed to find the under bedding was less then desirable to say the least. I brought it to the hotel staffs attention, and it was immediately addressed, with brand new bedding. My complaint, although immediately resolved, it should have never happened. Coin laundry was frustrating as it would eat coins and not cycle. Food was good, but moderately overpriced. I would look for a better value when I come back.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Worldtravelisme
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Worldtravelisme,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am disappointed that we did not exceed you expectations during your stay as this is what we strive to do for every guest.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the cleanliness of the under bedding. This is not the usual high level of cleanliness that our guests enjoy. Although this was resolved immediately I completely agree that this should not have occurred in the first place. I have addressed this with the Housekeeping manager and further training has been provided to ensure this does not happen in the future.

We are restricted in what can be done in relation to the step into the bathroom which is why we have installed signage in the most prominent place to advise guests of this and I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

We would love the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future and I am sure one of our larger Corporate or Premium rooms would be more suitable, so please contact us directly so we can make the necessary arrangements.

Brett Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Pensione Hotel is a great place to stay in Perth whether the trip is for business or pleasure. Mine was business and the central location meant that for all bar one of the meetings over a three day period plus all evening and lunchtime entertaining, there was no need to take a taxi.
The hotel rooms are larger than normal on Perth standards and the staff are friendly and helpful. I come to Perth several times a year on business and have stayed at most of the branded hotels and this was a far better alternative.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David A
Dear David A,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel.

Our central location certainly does make us an ideal choice for the business and leisure traveller and I am thrilled you found the team friendly and helpful.

We provide a unique point of difference to the larger branded hotels and I am so pleased you appreciated this.

We can’t wait to welcome you back when you are next in Perth.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Recently I spent 6 nights at the Pensione Hotel on a business trip. My overall experience at the Pensione was fabulous. My room, although small, was lovely, bright and very comfortable. The bed was great. I felt I had everything I needed to be able work, rest and sleep comfortably. Importantly the staff were very warm and friendly. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and they were very helpful in resolving any issues I had. I loved that I could open a window and did not have to rely on air conditioning. Some nights there was noise from the street but that could have been overcome if I had closed my window. I loved that I could stay in a hotel and have fresh air. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Elana C
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Elena C,

Thank you so much for your review.

My team & I are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and provided warm and friendly service.

We certainly agree that having opening windows in hotel rooms is so important and the new double glazed windows that will commence being installed in June also have this feature.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Perth.

Crespano del Grappa, Italy
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Pensione Hotel for 2 nights, and overall we had a pretty good experience. As many others have mentioned, yes the rooms are very tiny, there's hardly any space to move about comfortably or put away your luggage. Having said that, while the rooms are compact in size they do provide a small bar fridge, kettle, ironing facilities, plasma TV, and free Wi-Fi which is a huge plus in my books. I found the bed very comfortable and didn't have much trouble with noise, however there was a nightclub close by blaring loud music during the night, but we were allocated a room higher up so the music was quite faint. The bathroom is a good decent size, though unfortunately the water pressure was quite poor and water leaked all over the floor every time I used the shower. On the plus side I cannot fault the location or value of the hotel whatsoever, it really is a few minutes walk from everything you need including restaurants, bars, train station, and a bus stop that offers free services around the CBD (I think the closest is called the Blue CAT line) All in all we had a comfortable stay and I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TaraJ-Travels
Dear Tara J,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am so thrilled you found us to be great value and our location central and convenient.

One of my friendly team would have been more than happy to show you some of our larger rooms and assisted with the shower if required and I apologise if this was not the case.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and decorated nicely but it was small. The bathroom was tiny!! The bed was very comfortable. We were allocated a room on the second floor and it was right on the corner of the building (corner of Murray and Pier Streets) which made it super noisy. You could hear the pedestrian crossing noises through the glass as well as the drunk people shouting in the street. Our stay included a Friday night and unfortunately the restaurant/pub in the building had very loud music playing which we could hear from our room. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Suzie R
Dear Suzie R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled that you found your bed very comfortable and your room clean and nicely decorated. I am disappointed however that there were a number of aspects of your stay that did not live up to your expectations.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the noise you experienced during your stay. One of my friendly team would have been more than happy to move you to a room on a higher level and I hope this was offered to you. We are about to commence the installation of double glazed windows in all of our rooms which will definitely limit outside noise.

We often receive feedback on the great value we provide and regularly have specials available particularly over weekends. These specials are often better value than comparable hotels in our area and I am sorry you did find this to be the case.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please contact the hotel directly so we can ensure you are well looked after.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here several times through 2013. The rooms are small but for a business trip it was fine and functional. The location was great with restaurants, shops (groceries and the mall) a short walk away. Cleanliness was very good and the staff were great and friendly.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms on the corner above the traffic lights due to noise (especially on Friday or Satu...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Clint M,

Thank you for your review.

We love welcoming back return guests and are delighted you chose our hotel during your business trips in 2013.

Our location, cleanliness and friendly team certainly do make us a great choice when travelling to Perth.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

..... Because there would have been no room to swing said cat, but I will get to that. We booked two nights here based and chose this hotel because of its location which was perfect for what we needed.
The staff on check in were neither rude nor friendly. The best way to describe the service would be indifferent. We booked a car park which was actually located at the hotel across the road. The. R park was tiny and the small car we rented barely fit into its car space. This was an indication of things to come.
We were booked into a superior room and were very surprised to find how unbelievably small the rooms was. There was no room to put a suitcase, it didn't fit into the tiny cupboard and didn't find in the tiny gap between the bed and the wall. In fact WE barely fit between the bed and the wall and the only way to get into bed without banging into the wall was by crawling up the bed from the bottom.
We were booked to stay on a Friday and Saturday night and found the room to be stiflingly warm even with air conditioning running or the window open. The bed was soft to the point of being saggy and the noise travelling up from the nightclub downstairs (it's actually attached to the hotel) kept us up both nights. If you are thinking about staying here on a Friday night you should know that the nightclub has a karaoke night which is great if you want to go downstairs, get drunk and belt out a terrible rendition of an 80's power ballad but great if you want to sleep.
All in at this hotel you get what you pay for, it's quite cheap but fairly well located so you get teeny tiny rooms. With lots of noise.
Stay here if you don't plan to spend any time in your room.....At all.

Room Tip: Stay in Fremantle instead of Perth. It's nicer, cleaner and you get better value hotels.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Aussie_beach_chick,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologise that you stay did not live up to your expectations.

Providing exceptional service is what we strive to do consistently and it is disappointing that you did not experience this during your stay. If made aware of any issues such as noise or air conditioning we will certainly try and find a solution immediately such as moving you to another room.

The hotel does have limited secure onsite parking however these do fill very quickly which is why we have arranged 5 additional spaces just across the road. This should be explained when reserving a spot and I hope this was the case.

We have a number of different room types at the hotel ranging in size from our Standard Double which is the room you stayed in, to a Deluxe Double, Deluxe Corporate and Premium Double Room. Our Deluxe Corporate rooms are our second largest room and provide a large desk with plenty of extra space for luggage. Our Premium rooms are our largest room and provide a sitting area with 2 arm chairs with a larger 40” LCD TV. Perhaps one of these rooms may have been more suitable for your needs.

All of our beds are fitted with Microcloud Toppers which is why you found the bed soft. I certainly understand that guests have different preferences and we could have increased you comfort by removing this for you if required.

We are always looking at ways to continually improve our product and services and it is feedback such as yours which enables us to do this. The next major project that the hotel will undertake as a result of such feedback is the installation of double glazed windows in every room which will definitely minimise external noise.

Once again I would like to sincerely apologise for you recent experience and we would love the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future so please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly so we can ensure your next stay is perfect.