“Perfect for our needs”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed at Easter while in Perth for a friends wedding. The hotel reception and lounge was very nice and our room was well appointed and the bed was comfy.

The hotel is smack bang in the middle of the CBD and very close to the main train station and Buses to and from Perth airport. Perth also has 3 free CBD circuit bus routes which were very easy to get to and we caught one to the stop nearest the Botanical Gardens and spent a lovely afternoon there during our stay.

I would definitely stay here again if travelling to Perth for work, leisure or on a stopover.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TolmansHillsy
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear TolmansHillsy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled you found the hotel a perfect place to base yourself while in Perth for your friend’s wedding. Our central location, well-appointed rooms and comfy beds certainly do make it a great choice.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Perth.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I got an amazing deal. Not only was the room affordable, on arrival I was upgraded. The perfect start to a weekend in Perth.
The room was spotless and the bed was comfy. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Dani P,

We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable accommodation in a central location and at great value. I am so thrilled we ticked all of these box’s during your stay.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Two of us stayed in this hotel overnight before heading North.

We needed somewhere in the city that wasn't too expensive and at $100 a night this is very good value.

We each have our own room which was fortunate as you really couldn't fit two people into one of the rooms that we had been allocated. Essentially this is a bed with walls. Well, in fairness there is a bathroom.

However, there is no no way put your suitcase unless you leave it in the very small passageway which would make giving in and out really difficult. It's okay if there is just one of you, you can leave a suitcase on the bed but otherwise it would be really crowded.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Noise is a bit of an issue with various bits of hotel machinery operating up until midnight and the hotel seems to be located near an open air concert stadium which went well after midnight as well. it may be better midweek.

If you are a visitor to Perth and are looking for a night out, the very popular downstairs bar would be a good starting point.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have a room that is over the bar
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim H

Dear Tim H,

Thanks for your review.

Our Petite Queen rooms are certainly compact in size and we do recommend these for solo travellers or short stays. I am delighted that you found them very good value, clean and the bed comfortable.

We are currently in the process of installing double glazed windows in all of our rooms and almost half of the property has been completed. Feedback about the double glazing reducing external noise had been extremely positive and we would have been more than happy to move you to one of these rooms if required. I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please don’t hesitate to contact the hotel directly so we can make the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very friendly service on reception and a room that was clean and had everything you need, including an incredibly comfortable bed! Plenty of eating/drinking/coffee options in the vicinity, but the attached restaurant is up there with the best of them making it super convenient.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Travelfiend87,

Thank you so much for sharing you recent experience at our hotel. We certainly appreciate your
kind words and I am sure fellow TA Travellers will find them very useful.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I don’t normally stay at boutique hotel with the exception of 8Hotels as I have good experience with their Pensione Melbourne in my past stay. This hotel has been refurbished and becomes Pensione Perth and I would not hesitate to give it a try to prove myself that I have made another good decision to have one night here for my last minute shopping trip. I know the room that I have booked is petite and I didn’t spent much time inside. But when I arrive, I immediately feel the difference compared to the old Aaron, interior is stylish, check in is quick with the friendly receptionist explaining the current promotion on dining.

For the room, I love the bed which matter most and I believe the MircoCloud bedtopper has done the job well to give me a good sleep, despite the noise from the bar, which is minimal and the hotel is in the midst of replacing double glaze window which should minimise noise in the same time. I like the reminder sign on the doorway as the bath floor is raised and of the similar colour as the carpet flooring. Cocktail at the My Place Bar is cheap on Saturday nice vibe which DJ spinning and people just enjoyed it to the max.

What can be improved is just something minor i.e. there’s no indicator of hot or cold water on the shower tap; and I find the closure of wardrobe may need dampening to reduce the banging noise (this might be just my room), a desk lamp is appreciated but you really can’t do anything much on the cramped desk in the petite room. And no 'close the door' button in the lift? Or I just miss it somewhere?

Overall a good stay and I love it and would recommend it. Last but not least, this is the location to look for with close proximity to CBD shopping area, Northbridge Chinatown and nearby readily available car parking bay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear KennyCheah,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel.

I am delighted that 8Hotels is your Boutique Hotel group of choice and that you had an enjoyable stay with us, finding the refurbished product to be stylish. We are definitely pleased with the outcome and are committed to maintaining this high standard. It is hard to believe the first rooms were completed just over 2 years ago.

We are always committed to continually improving and the latest project as you have mentioned is the installation of double glazes windows. This will greatly reduce external noise and has already be completed in a third of our rooms. I really appreciate your suggested improvements and I have discussed these with my maintenance manager who is currently investigating solutions.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the city.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was staying in Perth for 4 nights earlier this month. Rooms are expensive in Perth and this was reasonable, however, the room I had was very small. If you were just staying over one or two nights it would be fine but there was little room for my suitcase.
The room was clean, comfy, nice bathroom. Great bed, I had a good sleep. Location is excellent, just one block away from the City Shuttle bus stop as well as two blocks from the main shopping area. Shirt walk to the Barrack street jetty too.
Staff were very helpful and the cocktails in the bar were excellent!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear 295Fiona_Mc,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable accommodation at affordable prices and in a central location and I am so pleased you found this to be the case.

I can certainly appreciate that our Petite Queen rooms are cosy and compact however they do provide all the comforts and amenities which are perfect for single travellers or a short stay.

We recommend our larger Deluxe King or Premium King Rooms for couples or longer stays and would have been more than happy to show you these options if required.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you be returning to Perth in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was what you'd hope for in a 3 star hotel - clean and no fuss. We were in the smallest room which was fine because we were only there for a couple of nights but if you were there for longer or had large bags (we just had carry on) you'd need a bigger room as there wasn't really anywhere to put your bags.

They are in the process of double glazing their windows, but obviously our window on the 3rd floor hadn't yet been double glazed as the noise from the downstairs pub and karaoke bar could be heard very clearly in our room! Fortunately the noise finished up around midnight.

The bathroom was clean and had a good amount of space to put your stuff. The only criticism I'd have is that the shower leaked so there was water on the tiles after you came out of the shower. Hairdryer worked fine and the toiletries were very nice (lime scented) - much nicer than some that you get in 3 star hotels. Had all the general amenities but no shower cap (which is what I've come to expect in 3 star hotels).

The bed was so comfy. It had amazingly soft bedding - like you had a quilt below you and above.

I liked that they kept the fridge empty for you so you could put your own stuff in there. They also had a small option with an option to borrow a bigger one which was good.

One thing that was a bit odd was that we went out one day at around 9am and returned at 2pm and they had only just started cleaning our room. They didn't take long to finish but I'm used to most hotels doing their cleaning in the mornings.

The hotel is close to the mall and the Perth CBD. It's not the most amazing part of the city, but its proximity to everything was great.

Reception staff were really helpful and called us a taxi when we needed. All in all, a good hotel.

Room Tip: Aim for a room on a higher floor especially until they've completed the double glazing on the lo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TravellerKRH,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive review.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and had the opportunity to experience our very comfortable beds which we regularly receive positive feedback about. It is also great to hear you took advantage of our central location.

We always strive to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay and if we are made aware of any issues we will certainly try our hardest to find a suitable solution. This may include moving you to a larger room with double glazing or providing additional amenities such as shower caps which are available on request from reception.

We have a guaranteed check in time of 2pm and in order to have our arrival room’s ready by this time the departure rooms are generally cleaned prior to the services. We can however clean a service room earlier if required and I am pleased we were able to finish this quickly for you.

We would love to welcome you back when you next return to Perth so please contact the hotel directly so we can ensure you are well looked after.