Mantra on Hay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
ibis Perth(Perth)
US$112
US$95
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$86
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Perth City Centre(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Room Service
Mantra on Murray(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$99
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
  • Pool
Hotel Northbridge(Perth)
US$152
US$86
  • Restaurant
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$92
US$173
US$162
1,409 results
All reviewstwo bedroom apartmentgym equipmentfree red cat busfull kitcheneast perthperth mintwashing machinefree busescar parkingcity centreacross the roadpublic transportbuffet breakfastswan riverwacaroomylaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2012

just finished three weeks here as part of a relocation for my firm. The hotel is barely average. I'm not a high maintenance guy but I do expect some basics. I don't think my shower was cleaned once in three weeks, finger marks on the mirror were there from the first day I arrived, never wiped down, garbage bins not always emptied. Staff on the front desk was hit or miss, some great people others just filling in time. One lady kept grizzling every time i had my room key demagnetized (maybe 5-6 times in three weeks) saying "again? i told you don't put your card near your mobile phone." Yeah like I really want to have to come back down and ask you...The TV didn't always work in the room, sometimes all i got was a blank screen, other times if I turned the TV off and on I would get the picture to come on. I never complained about it but it was annoying. The hotel is about 2.5km from the city. During the day there's a free city bus that take you in to the city, there's one every ten minutes or so. Ask at reception where the bus stop is. The hotel is located in a rather seedy part of town, a few pretty rank bars nearby, some small grocers and a few restaurants, though none worth a mention. Best bar nearby is Hula Bula. A funky Polynesian place on Victoria ave, 15 mins walk. The bar hotel is also pretty good but closes early. The hotel seems to cater for a range of clientele; families (they have self contained apts with multiple bedrooms and kitchen), businessmen (god knows why, the internet didn't work for about a week and the gym is hardly worth a mention, though it has a nice small pool on the roof) and contractors on business in the city. It's mostly quiet at the hotel, though there was a drunk guy who attempted to get in to my room one night, thinking it was his and there's a bit of noise from the water pipes everytime someone flushes a toilet. Overall it was barely OK and if the price is right, it's an OK place to stay, just don't expect more than the basics. If I had picked it, I would have stayed somewhere else for the money paid.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank intorox61
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I regret the shortcomings in service you have reported from housekeeping and reception staff . Our Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Manager will certainly address this with their staff. This is not up to our usual standard and I apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay.

Regarding the t.v. problems you encountered we do have a maintenance team located in the property who are more than willing to rectify any issues when a guest notifies accordingly.

In terms of distance from the city we are 1.2 kms or a leisurely 14min walk. We are ideally located 750m from the WACA cricket ground, 3.4kms from the Burswood Entertainment Complex and only 450m from the picturesque Swan River.

Once again my apologies for your less than ideal stay with us.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks in May and was there for two nights earlier this week. *** Recognizing a return guest would be good which didn't happen. Checked in by a lady May be in her 40s, didn't response any thing when mentioned that I had stayed before. Obviously when you go to a hotel second time you would expect staff to be more friendly. Other staffs were good and helpful.
Parking space in the basement was too conjusted...was hard to open door when parked between two cars.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Nepalichoro

It disappoints me to learn that you encountered an instance of indifference in terms of attitude from a member within our team and sincerely apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay. The issue you raised has been addressed with the Front Office Manager to action accordingly.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Foyer looks great but the rooms are outdated and old. Kitchen looks like it is out of the 1980's, Air conditioner sounds like there is a truck in the lounge room, taps leak, shower head will not stay up.

The food is disgusting. I had a steak and it was small and the majority was gristle and fat. Two potatoes, no greens and woolworths brand packet red wine sauce. My wife is a chef in a five star hotel so when it comes to food, I have a little experience.

The hotels in Perth are charging exuberent tariffs because of thje mining boom. This room would cost a third of the price in another capital city.

I have travelled extensively aroung the world on business and leisure and Perth is one of the most expensive cities in the world.

Room Tip: book well in advance and try and stay out of the city
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank leanneandtony

Dear leanneandtony,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay, I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the issues you have raised regarding our restaurant. Our Head Chef will certainly address this with his staff.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

While the staff are friendly, we had other issues. Our room was not cleaned despite hanging out the clean my room sign. The cleaner came at 6pm when we were having a rest. The hallway smelt like fish sauce all the time. I guess this was because people were cooking there. They have a small car park and it was full when we arrived. We were able to use it the second night.
The cost of the wifi was ridiculous. They had a third party supplier who charged $25 per day.
Breakfast was good and the staff were good. All in all it was a nice enough place.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear ianrhocking

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. As we are predominantly apartments we do on occasions have the wafting scent of others cooking.

With regards to your room not being serviced please accept my apologies relating to this matter. I will follow this up with the Executive Housekeeper as our housekeeping staff are signed off by 4:30pm on saturdays and sundays and I have a concern that we have staff cleaning at 6pm.

On a positive note I am glad to hear that you were pleased with breakfast and the attitude of the staff members.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I have stayed here several times with work whilst in Perth and have enjoyed the experience on all occasions, a short walk to the city centre, it's conveniently located close to the wacca as well.

Rooms have been clean, well aired and well presented, beds have also been of a good quality and linen has been fresh and of a high standard.

Very happy with my stays here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear 865Jacq1972865,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It pleases me to hear that we are getting this right each time you visit us.