“It's like home away from home”
Review of Mantra on Hay

Mantra on Hay
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed at Mantra on Hay for 3 nights. It's about half an hour ride by taxi from the airport which cost about A$40/-. This apartment is self-contained with all that you need to set up a home. There are 2 rooms with 1 king and 1 queen beds. It's very convenient with the free Red Cat bus stop at the side of the hotel. About 4 or 5 stops away is the main city mall and Perth station. Opposite there's Carlton Centre with a Singapore/Malaysia Restaurant and a supermarket. On the 1st floor there's a restaurant offering daily set lunch (changes weekly) for only A$10/- if you find it a hassle to cook. On the top floor which is the 8th there's a indoor swimming pool and a gym. I find this hotel very convenient and will surely stay again if I ever return to Perth.

Room Tip: Choose the 8th floor if you are using the gym and pool daily.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Hi KFong

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad to hear that you had a memorable experience with us here at Mantra on Hay.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back should you return to Perth.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Perfect family accommodation for our Perth stay. Best value for families considering Perth accommodation is sooooo expensive. Spacious, well equipped apartments. Perfect for our 2 yo toddler with lots of space. The apartments were exactly as they are in the photos - clean, well maintained, comfortable furnishings and beds. All we needed. Good location with supermarkets just around the corner. We had a car and paid to use car park - $25/d. Near lovely parks for kids - one down the road or quick drive to excellent Kings Park. Staff were very friendly and provided excellent service. Maria was always very helpful. One night we had a noisy party next door, walls are not very sound proof. But the staff dealt with it to our satisfaction. My husband had stayed at apartment suites near the convention centre rated more highly on Tripadvisor on a business trip a month prior and thought Mantra apartments were far better quality (they were cheaper too during our stay).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Hi 2Bobs

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback of your recent stay.

It is great to hear that you and your family had a memorable experience and that the staff members were professional and accommodating.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to Mantra on Hay in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We had to wait a long time to check in as there was only one attendant on duty. She was trying to pacify an irate guest for a booking order error. Large suite with 2 bedrooms but no bath, ordered a burger and it was delivered cold with the head of the tomato in the bun - throw it away guys, it's not meant to be served to guests. There was no salt & pepper, or serviettes with the meal either! No bathrobes. I gave it a go but won't be back.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Hi David W

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I regret the shortcomings in service you have reported, this is not up to our usual standard and I apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed in the apartment for 1 night, my room was for a full kitchenette, balcony, bedroom, pullout sofa. It was very nice, spacious and clean. Had a great time there, made use of the swimming pool. Will be tryihg different hotels next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Hi J M

Thank you for thaking time out of your day to provide feedback of your stay at Mantra on Hay.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Rooms neat. Some mould on chopping board glued to bench rusty soap holder and banging pipes in wall tonight that wasn't there last night. No steak knives in kitchen. Cracked mirrored door dangerous for children in a 2 bed apartment obviously for family. Comfortable layout and larger then some I've seen. Awesome shower hot water and great heater. Beds a little on the hard side but fine.

• Stayed: June 2013
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Hi Ricciardellos

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback of your stay with us.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and apologise for some of the shortfalls you have mentioned. We are working through our refurbishmanet plans and hope to finalise these very soon which will enhance the overall presentation of the property.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra on Hay in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I managed to get what I thought was a good online rate for this Hotel as I like to stay in East Perth.
My expectations of the hotel were quite high as their rates are definitely high!
I arrived late and night and had prepaid but I was asked for my credit card so they could take a $100 bond. the transaction declined twice so the person on reception asked if I had another credit card. I knew my card was fine as I had just used it for the taxi and I went into my online banking to check my account which was fine. They tried a third time and it still declined so she asked me again if I had another credit card I could use while staring at my wallet which I thought was really rude. I told her again, No I don't! She then said I could pay a cash bond but it has to be $200.
I had booked a 1 bedroom apartment. The Bedroom was claustrophobic with one little window in the corner. Just badly designed I guess compared to whats available these days in modern properties.
My biggest issue was the bathroom.
2 light switches with one that was connected to an extraction fan. It was so noisy I couldnt turn it on.
BUT the worst thing was the shower. It was a disabled bathroom so the shower head was about 5 foot off the ground. I'm 6ft2 so it was a joke trying to shower.
The best thing about this hotel is that it 100m to Cafe Italia which is an awesome Italian restaurant. I ate there every night. Get a bottle of Stella Bella Sauvignon Blanc from the BWS next door and you're set.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Hi Garyjwills

Thank you for your feedback.

First and foremost my apologies to you, if you found the receptionist to be rude and unwelcoming as this is not the impression we are wanting to display. I can empathise with you regarding the frustrations of having to provide a bond when you have prepaid your accommodation. This is a requirement to ensure we have payment for any incidentals that may be incurred such as meals, telephone calls and car parking.

Your comments regarding the apartment window in the bedroom are true however, the full kitchen and sperate lounge area offer spacious living without intruding on the bedroom as mentioned in other trip advisor posts.

Again my apologies to you if you felt you were treated in a manner that was unjust.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

stayed at the Mantra on Hay in Perth and found it to be fantastic. The price was great value and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Clean lovely large room with king size bed. The resaurant was also excellent with good old fashion service and very prompt delicious meal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Hi DebraR4242

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback of your stay.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that the service provided was satisfactory.

We hope to welcome you back soon.