“Nice start to an evening”

The Generous Squire
Ranked #57 of 1,369 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Esperance, Australia
“Nice start to an evening”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Walked in got a table straight away. Was told to order at counter as we where split billing the food was lovely :) music was a little loud.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sarah-Jane K

“Great food!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here on a Sunday evening.....it was quietish but that was good cos we could have a conversation round the table......the service was attentive.the food was great,4 of us had different dishes and all or them arrived together hot and tasty. Fish ,steak,pork and wagyu beef burger....yummy!!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Theresa L
“Casual Drink”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Was quite busy although we got seats upstairs. No bar service upstairs which was a bit strange. Had to order and collect at main bar downstairs. We didn't eat there but food looked good. Was actually one of the few bars open on Sunday of the long weekend.

Visited June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect for a solo meal.”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I found myself in Perth for a night on my own as my OH was visiting an old workmate in Bunbury. I was staying in the Holiday Inn on Hay St and decided to walk down Murray Street to look for restaurant for dinner and came across this place. I had their prawn tempura and it was just delicious. The service was excellent and I felt very comfortable being on my own. I liked it so much I went a second night. Would highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank mollieNorthEast
Perth, Australia
“Great food, quiet setting”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Came here on a Saturday night before going to His Majesty's Theatre... Got here quite early, about 6pm but there were no tables available in the restaurant section, make sure you book!

Sat on the bar side outside, but undercover to avoid the smokers, nice clean restaurant, quiet, decent seating.

Ordered a few pints, was surprised to see that the pints of Cider and Golden Ale are more expensive here, then they are at other pubs/restuarants, didn't really make sense to me!?

Had a starter plate to begin, everything was cooked nicely, nice flavours and variety, good value for money. For mains I had the calamari and chips - massive serving! Very tasty aioli, but the chips were disgusting! My partner had the steak sandwich, again a very big portion, but the steak was overcooked, the tomato relish didnt have much flavour, and his chips weren't nice either - both meals reasonably priced for a pub in the city. When the waitress cleared our table she asked if everything was OK, and we said that the chips weren't very good, she commented that other people had also said that this evening, smiled, and walked away.

Service at the bar is prompt, lacking friendliness though, and the wait staff promptly clear any empty glasses, etc from your table and wipe away any mess.

Visited March 2014