“Good location, good price but average hotel”

Travelodge Hotel Perth
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed one night. Perth can be an expensive city these days and we obtained a good on-line rate 30 days before our arrival. Hotel is well positioned in Hay Street and in easy walking distance of the city restaurants and shops. Whilst it has had a make-over it is still an average hotel dating from the late 1970's I would estimate. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good tourist accommodation and suited us for a 1 night stay - more modern hotels are more expensive so if you are $ watching it is OK.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill169
moorey14, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2011

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Perth

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with our design department to improve our overall guest experience.

Hotel manager
Travelodge Hotels Book online @ -----------

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Perth

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I don't know whether it was because I'd booked through HotelClub that I was allocated the room I was, although I paid top dollar even through HotelClub. I was put into a room which shared the wall behind the bed with the 2 lifts! It wasn't obvious at first and I showered and had dinner. When I retired for the night all I could hear for hours and hours was the noise of the lifts going up and down. It was impossible to sleep. The noise died down for a couple of hours in the early morning hours, then started up again around 5am! I had travelled from NSW and was in need of sleep! I thought of phoning reception to complain, but I was already in bed and in no mood to get dressed and re-pack and move rooms so late at night. I also had no way of knowing that the noise was going to continue all night. I filled out the questionnaire left in my room (which invited me to write a review about them on TripAdvisor) and let the hotel know how unhappy I was with the accommodation, but to date - more than 4 weeks later, I have not heard a word from them! Very poor public relations!!

Room Tip: Insist on a room a long way from the lifts.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Babyboomers

I would like to thank you for choosing Travelodge Perth on your recent trip to WA, but firstly please accept my sincere apologies for not contacting you regarding the questionnaire you provided us.

Your feedback is valuable, and if you would like to discuss this in more detail or if there is anything I can do on your next trip to Perth please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Hotel manager
Travelodge Hotels Book online @ -------------

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Would not return unless the plumbing had been updated. Shower literally ran out of water, as did basin when brushing teeth!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here through necessity, not preference; Perth hotels are incredibly expensive in my experience and therefore by definition are NOT value for money. I dont think anyone should EVER pay AUD$200+ per night for a Travelodge! Nevertheless, Perth is an unpleasant exception. So, this hotel = perfectly fine. Dated rooms but not nastily so - just boringly so. Said on my booking that the room was refurbished in 2008. Maybe the brief was 'keep it cheap and bland!' It was fine; I only got back 2 days ago and I've already almost forgotten what it looked like... Wifi etc but I didnt use it. Got a balcony, which was a pleasant surprise. Staff perfectly nice and kept my bags for me, got me prompt taxis, etc. They have a nice cafe with outdoor seating, which is a plus, though I didnt use it. location is fine - just a few minutes walk to everything central and a $30-ish taxii ride from the airport. I would stay here again if I neede to; on the other hand, there is nothing to really draw me back, so on my next trip to Perth I will try another hotel if I can get a decent rate somewhere, just to see what I get for the money.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Thank S_G.UK
moorey14, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Perth.
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your valuable comments, and this information will assist us in the near future when undergoing room alterations

Kind Regards
Hotel Manager
Book online--------------

Reviewed 28 July 2011

The room is basic. The bed is clean but the mini bar table and the bathroom is not very tidy. I think it is not a non-smoking room, a kind of bad smell from the carpet. Beware of the breakfast will be started at 7:00am on Sat and Sun. It is quite rush for us to have local tour pickup. Overall, the room is a bit over priced for the Asian. We can stay in a 5-star hotel in Asia with the same price.

Room Tip: Centrally located in CBD, just 8 mins walk to the Hays Street Mall
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_WN_WONG

Dear Mrs Wn Wong

The team at Travelodge Perth Hotel were delighted to accommodate you on your recent stay in Perth. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping department to improve our overall guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Perth in the near future.

Hotel Manager

BOOK ONLINE -------------

Reviewed 3 July 2011

Stayed one night at Travelodge. The hotel is very nicely located in the center of Perth. It does not have it's own parking facilities, but there's a garage one block away (at extra expense of course). The room was large and very basic, but clean. There's a safe and a fridge and ironing facilities. Breakfast was included and I was positively surprised by it. There's a WiFi, but the charge is quite high.

Good location, no frills, does the job.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kanerva
moorey14, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

The team at Travelodge Perth are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay in Perth with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future

Reviewed 25 June 2011

Booked two rooms for one night. Rooms were basic. Very clean however our view was a brick wall. I cannot understand how Travelodge is 4 star. No dressing gowns, thin bedding, no parking at all, I would have thought they'd give you a voucher for the parking complex next door.
My biggest issue was the charges on my Debit card, the reception staff made mistakes however she couldn't explain what happened. I now have to wait for all the pending charges to clear to see exactly what they have charged. Apparently there is nothing they can do, however they can still charge me. Worst thing is, I should only be charged for two rooms for a night and one crown lager. It's disgraceful. I will be calling management to take this matter further because if the staff can't even explain why they are taking money from my CC then they shouldn't be in business.

• Stayed: June 2011