“excellent customer service”

Travelodge Hotel Perth
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I recently spent four nights at the Travelodge Perth in a balcony room on the 7th floor facing the beautiful Church that was a pleasure to see at night. The staff were outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are very pleasant and large with a big comfy chair and foot stool. As I was traveling for business, this chair was wonderful for reviewing documents in comfort. I had room service each night after a long business day and it was served quickly and was presented very well, the staff were so pleasant. I would recommend this Hotel for anyone, the red cat bus stops out the front of the hotel and does a loop around the city for free, made getting around Perth very easy. I will stay again at this Hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend a Balcony room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Dear Debranne G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience of staying with us.

I’m pleased to read that we were able to provide you with everything you needed for your business trip.

Our team prides itself on its customer service and, I look forward to sharing your feedback with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels.

Travelodge Perth Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here for four nights on our way to Bali. Nothing wrong with hotel, apart from excessive price for WiFi, you are supposed to have 30mins free but it never worked unless you paid. Breakfast was bland, bar closed at 10 pm.
Have never stayed here before and wouldn't want to again, try Novotel Langley close by far more welcome and warmth.

Room Tip: Don't have front bedroom as buses stop directly outside from 6am to early hours of the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear TomT77,

Thank you for your review.

We offer our in house guests 15 minutes free Wi-Fi per 24 hours in our foyer, all you need to do is connect your device to the ‘complimentary foyer guest access’ network and enter your name and room number to access.

Our Armada bar and restaurant will generally close around 10pm on mid-week nights however, if there are still guests enjoying the bar, the team is more than happy to keep the bar open longer.

Our breakfast in Armada consists of eggs, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, hash browns, Nasi Goreng, Fresh pastries, a wide selection of cereals, a selection of different fresh fruits fresh breads, juices and a large selection of tea and coffee. We get very good feedback on our breakfast and it is one of the most reasonably priced in the CBD of Perth.

Our front balcony bedrooms are currently having new double glazed balcony doors installed to further add to their comfort.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Travelodge is definitely my favourite place to stay in Perth. Although its amenities and decor are about on par with many other hotels in Perth, the customer service is outstanding and I have always been made to feel very welcome.

The last time I stayed with them, I had just disembarked from and international flight at a very inconvenient hour (3am in the morning). I arrived at Travelodge and the night check-in staff were incredibly helpful, minding my bags and giving me space to rest in their business lounge. This was generous, as my booking with them wasn't until that evening.

I was suffering terribly from jet lag and not really functioning very well, and they managed to check me into a room a full two hours before my scheduled check-in time, also upgrading me to a better room! I was very grateful to get that extra two hours sleep!

The staff here are wonderful, so helpful and polite that you'd never know if they were having a busy or stressful day themselves. This, in combination with the very reasonable room rates, make it a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Emmy V,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

The team and I are pleased to read that we are your favourite hotel to stay in Perth!
We are always happy to assist our guests anyway we can.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and please remember that you will always get the best guaranteed rate when you book with us direct!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

first time in staying at this hotel. was very happy the hotel staff were very pleasant & helpful. very clean & tidy. great location everything was in walking distance & if you didn't want to walk there was a red city clipper that stopped right out the front. good price nice restaurant overall very happy. would definetly stay again & recommend it to my friends & family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raymond w
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Raymond W,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future.

We guarantee the best rates when booking with us direct.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I and our 18 month daughter stayed here for 4 nights, we had a room on the 8th floor which was nice and quiet (from outside noise). The rooms are spacious enough and clean and tidy. The usual stuff in the room, a small 30 inch tv on the wall with freeview channels (No Foxtel or pay movies). Bar fridge which was big enough to put our own bottles of wine in alongside the hotel stuff. Bathroom was adequate with a nice shower that had red hot water 24/7 and a nice big shower head. decent sized bath and sink etc. They are a bit frugal with the towels, but will bring up more if you ask. Check in/out was seamless. We only used the restaurant for drinks or breakfast. We managed to get buffet breakfast for $18 each, the buffet is OK and has usual stuff like cereals, bread/toast fruit, yoghurt, Danish pastries, fruit juices and all the hot stuff like bacon eggs mushrooms etc. $18 might sound a lot for a breakfast but Perth is generally expensive to eat/drink out in. We went around the corner to the Dome café on our first day and spent $38 on 2 coffees, and two small breakfasts, so having breakfast at the hotel is worth it, especially if you get one of the $2 offers that are on at the moment. We never ate lunch/dinner in the restaurant but when we were having drinks in there the food that was passing our table looked nice and good sized portions. We ordered room service one night, it arrived quickly, but unfortunately the standard wasn't that great, Bruschetta was good sized but tasted bitter and the bread was a bit spongy. Chicken Burger meat was rubbery and not very hot. I am sure if I complained it would have been replaced. They have a good small gym on the ground floor, I used it a couple of times, the equipment while limited is of good quality, 3 running machines and lots of weights/equipment. Whilst there one of our baby towels went missing, we assume the cleaner got it mixed up with the hotel towels, The hotel searched for it to no avail, but recompensed us for the cost without any hassle which I thought was good service. For a Travelodge I thought it was good, not as good as the Melbourne or Sydney ones, but still good. I would stay there again, the location is good, just far enough away from the centre to avoid all of the noise but close enough at a 10 minute walk. Also only 10 minute walk from the Bell Tower and ferries, free shuttle bus outside the door, and a 10-15 minute walk to Perth Central train station. I think the only gripes I would have about this hotel is that the walls are so thin you can hear the people in the next room, a lady in the room next to us kept coughing and the room above us had a herd of Wildebeeste running around in it. There is no free WiFi. I had a quick look when I tried to log on in the hotel and I THINK it was $49 for 5 days, which is ridiculous, nearly everywhere has free WiFi these days, in fact the Dome café around the corner as previously mentioned has it free, as do most cafes/McDonalds etc. So if Wifi is an issue for you bear this in mind, if not then the Travelodge Perth is a good deal.

Room Tip: Top floors are best for noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank claguey1
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear claguey1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We always put two bath towels in every room and as you mentioned are happy to provide more upon request. As you mentioned our breakfast is very reasonably priced for Perth especially when you get the advanced purchase deal that you were on! Please be assured our Wi-fi is very competitively priced for the Perth market. Please accept my apologies for your baby towel going missing, I’m glad the team were able to resolve the matter promptly for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future and we always guarantee the best rate when booking with us directly.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed here last week on business, Hotel for Perth is good value, looks like its had a re-furb in the not too distant past.

Room was a good size and well furnished, I ate one night in-house downstairs and that was OK.

On the downside, the room and in particular the bathroom was not clean. And by this I mean consistently not clean for 3 days, the vent in the bathroom door had what looked like months of dust built up on it. The floor had a ball of hair in one corner, that successfully stayed there for 3 days, as well as filth built up in the corners of the tiles. Once again I know Perth is a hard plave to get staff etc, but no excuse for basic cleaning.

Room Tip: A clean one would help
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul P
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear Paul P,

Thank you for your review.

The hotel has gone under some works over the past few years that have included new carpets, hallway ceiling, double glazed windows and all hallways corridors painted. This year will have new balcony doors and new lifts installed as well as replacements of the all the rooms soft furnishings.

Please accept my apologies that your room’s housekeeping was not up our usually very high standard. I have this morning, showed your review to our housekeeping department to ensure that a similar situation does not come up again.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I booked & paid in advance the CBD special- which incl a King Room & breakfast for both guests. I was happy to find the room was available when i arrived at 11.30am- but upon going to my room i had been placed in a twin room (this happens everytime i stay at Travelodge)- i had to go back to reception to get moved to a King room. The room itself was clean & tidy- the bathroom is pretty dated and could do with a refurb. No traffic noise but the noise from the elevator was pretty bad and we were quite a distance from it.
Upon checking out in the morning i asked for my breakfast coupons, only to be told these were not included on the rate, after insisting they were when i booked i was eventually told "oh yes, so it is" - i really shouldn't have bothered because the breakfast was horrendous. It was 9am on Sunday so not the end of service and there were no eggs, minimal bacon, no fruit, and a couple of pastries- can't imagine anyone paying for it!
During checkout i was also asked how i would like to pay for my stay- after advising i had already paid in full i was told "no you haven't" so again i had to argue for her to check again because i had confirmed my full payment when checking in. Again it was found it was an error at their end.
So at the end of the day i only paid $105 as part of the CBD special- and i guess that's about the level of service i got. I certainly wouldn't recommend paying much more for this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the elevator as you can as they are loud!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Maido77,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Please accept my apologies that the service you received during your stay was not up to our usually high standards.

I have shared your review with both our Front Office and F&B Team to help them better improve upon their service.

If you would like to discuss your stay with, please contact me at jbristowe@travelodge.com.au