“A good value three star plus hotel”

Travelodge Hotel Perth
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Gold Coast, Australia
“A good value three star plus hotel”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

An older style hotel in a very good location. A 3 to 3 1/2 star hotel which was very good value. We chose the room with a balcony and a kingsize bed. I think the non-balcony rooms have a queensize bed. If you don't want to spend a lot of money for a room but want a well located, clean hotel, this is the one for you.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leonding, Austria
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Upon arrived they offer an upgrade for 20 A$ to a balcony room which is well worth it considering you get fresh air and a view. Room is spacious, large fridge where you could stock some of your own things if you stay longer than a day. Flat screen TV. W-Lan is 20 A$ for 1! computer this means if you both use one it is double ! The pillows are very dense and uncomfortable. There is a coffee maker in the room. The carpet isn't that great looking anymore but that's the only thing one can say about cleanness everything else is very clean which is important. Aircon words fine. Get a room high up to be away from the traffic noise. The Connect bus from the airport took us 1,5 hours because the bus was completely filled up and the very friendly bus driver hat 14 stops to make. Not recommended. Friendly and helpful check in staff. Center in easy walking distance. Go there for convenience but not for your honeymoon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
moorey14, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 9 February 2011
The team at Travelodge Perth Hotel are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback as well as your concerns. These points have be raised with the maintenance and housekeeping departments to improve our overall guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards
Stephen Moore
Hotel Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 December 2010

And so to Perth for the Third Ashes Test match, eight of us flying in from Singapore. We booked this well in advance and got a reasonable rate out of them for a block booking.

I had a room at the back with a splendid view of some apartment block, but other than that, it was OK. Quite clean, flat screen TV, bathroom again clean but minimal amenities. The bed was alright, but consisted of two single beds joined together so there was quite an edge down the middle.

Breakfasts were fine, a fair selection to set us up for the day's drinking.

The location was also fine, Red Cat stop outside the hotel to get us to Suby for U2 on the Sunday, and a gentle stroll down to the WACA for England's so-called cricket.

We had a team dinner at the hotel one night, which was more than OK, despite the fact that they couldn't split the bill which one of the team was rather bemused by... I was bemused by how early the bar shut, but that's Perth.

We had a 0200 flight home so a couple of us enquired of the night staff whether we could have late check outs, but he was under the firm impression that our rooms were all to be occupied immediately after us, however, curiously when I asked the day shift lass if I could pay for an extra night, my room was conveniently available.

I'd say yes I would recommend this to a friend but only if he wanted something cheapish and close to the WACA, otherwise having stayed in Perth on 3 previous occasions, I would prefer to stay at any one of the previous hotels we used.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 November 2010

The hotel is fine, rooms are clean and have AC and mine had a nice balcony (which you usually have to pay extra for - 'costs extra' is the Hotel theme-song). Unfortunately due to the way the hotel is run I had several issues with them. Firstly, be warned: they charge an arm and a leg for internet (AU$ 20 per 24 hours, AU$ 99 per week). If you need to have some dry-cleaning/ironing done, room-service will simply take the bag of laundry from the bed and put it on the desk without bothering with it - despite it being the 'official' plastic bag, having all the forms filled out and signed, and warning the reception in advance. So I ended up having to stay in the hotel for a night to do laundry in the guest laundromat, and instead of dinner with my colleagues opted for room service. Except that they forgot which room I was in and didn't deliver it, and when I called what took them so long, they delivered it at last - and cold. They did later take this from my bill though. Late checkout is also not possible: they are "completely booked" but if I want I can check out 3 hours later by booking another full night (so much for "completely booked"). I dont' mind paying a bit extra for a change to freshen up a bit before a 20 hour flight, but please be reasonable and honest.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Peanut-NL
Stockport
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We stayed twice in 6 days, the first time was for 2 nights when we were upgraded to a balcony room, which had stunning views of St Marys. The room was clean / basic. when we returned 3 days later we were given a room at the rear, which when you opened the curtains you were faced with a view of the air conditioning duct which was constantly noisy throughout the night! I know that the duct needs to be somewhere and I could have accepted it if double glazing or secondary glazing had been installed to mute the constant drone, I can't believe it was just single glazing !!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The reason why I chose this hotel was because we had a performance to catch at the Concert Hall and I figured I'd choose somewhere close by so we could walk back at night. Hotel was average, smallish in size but the view of St Mary's Cathedral was lovely. It was quite a walk to the train station although it helped that there was a Red Cat stop just outside the hotel. Breakfast was nothing to shout about (was surprised they served fried rice!!). Staff were friendly. Overall a fair deal for the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2010
Devon UK
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Stayed here for a few days on a touring holiday of Western Australia. Didn't eat in the hotel as very pricey along with most things in the Country. Room was on the top floor but still quite noisy from being very central. Good for amenities nearby though. Room was clean and tidy but a bit on the shabby side for the price, quite roomy. One of the girls in reception seemed to struggle with being able to converse whereas others were very good. We got stuck in Australia after the volcano and after prebooking our previous 3 nights here for a relatively good price, when we returned from the airport after being turned away at 2am we made the decision to remain in the Travel Lodge for the next 24 hours. They whacked us with a big price for that night which I thought was a bit naughty in the circumstances. All in all this place seemed ok but a bit lacking in personality and individuality.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple