“Excellent services!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent services!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Room was tidy & clean. Staff was so helpful and friendly. The hotel is located at a spot which is close to the city centre. Railway station & ferry wharf are in walking distance. Highly recommend to everyone - for business or for leisure!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear 8Feb14,

Thank you for you your review!

It really is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback about our hotel and our team.
I know they will take encouragement from your comments as great customer service is what we as hospitality professionals strive to achieve each day.

I am pleased you found our location handy for all your excursions.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Matt Young,
General Manager, Mercure Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

To be honest, the standards of this hotel have slipped considerably since I started staying here. Don't get me wrong, the beds are still comfortable, and yes, the walls are still paper thin, but the cracks in the property are starting to show... Pictures below.

Firstly, Michael at the front desk repeatedly gives me/us attitude when we check in, we're lucky to get a hello out of him let alone a smile, this is extremely disappointing, and the rusty shower rod and peeling bathtub is not a nice experience to endure when you get up in the morning.

I cringe when I know I am staying at this property now as I know what I am in for. It is such a shame because the property has so much potential, It's disappointing to see their staff don't care!

I don't have a choice in where I stay, but you do, so do your research, and stay here as a last resort!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rohan E
Dear RPKE,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

We do take pride in providing a high level of customer service and thus, your feedback is very disappointing to hear. However, we do need to know any concerns our guests may have in order to address them and put corrective actions in place to prevent future occurence. Please rest assured your feedback is taken seriously and I will discuss with the team at our daily meeting.

I understand from your review you stay here quite regulary, so I do hope we have the opportunity to meet the next time you are in Perth so I can apologise personally.

Kind Regards,