“Lovely Hotel...Great Location”
Review of Mercure Perth

Mercure Perth
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very modern and clean hotel. Rooms well equipped and very comfortable. Situated 5 minutes from the harbour and within walking distance of shops and restaurants.
Free water daily for all guests at hotel.
Breakfast excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 150sandy
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear SandraGee,

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass this on to the team especially those in our breakfast restaurant who I know will be over the moon to hear you thought the breakfast was excellent.

Hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Perth

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a weekend stay. I love the location, 3minute walk and you are at the main shopping area, a few more minutes buses and trains (and the free cat bus service). We got an excellent deal on the internet and that's the way to do it. Don't pay full price . The east tower is where the more expensive rooms are the west town the discounted (less renovated smaller rooms) we have stayed in both. Yes the west tower is a little tacky(yellow and black corridors) , but our room was quiet, I love the large walk in shower and the bed was very comfortable. Our friend stayed in a more expensive room ($100 more than ours ) and it wasn't worth the extra - not really.

Parking is a bit steep at $35 a night.

We come back for the cheap rates that gives us a decent room (we get a good nights sleep) and the location is great for us. I can go back to the hotel during the day with shopping have a break then go again.

It's fittings aren't first class but look for a deal where your paying a good rate. Lots of restaurants and cafés within walking distance - but do your research first so you know where things are.

Room Tip: Shop around on the internet and request a quiet room- one not overlooking either road

Dear MaryannePerth,

Thank you for your detailed review.

I am pleased the hotel was close enough to all you required during your break in Perth.
It is pretty handy being able to pop back to the hotel to drop off shopping bags and recharge your batteries before heading out again!

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is perfectly serviceable but has a very ordinary standard of fitout and the location is not fantastic. It is too far out of the CBD to be easily used as a base to walk to and from meetings and offers very few options for dinner or groceries. I happened to stay there on an evening when the rain was torrential and after wandering around the surrounding blocks looking for a dinner location I retreated out of the weather and resorted to room service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear adventuregirl1968,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am sorry our location was not suitable for your needs while in Perth.
I hope our concierge team will be able to assist with restaurant recommendations on your next visit to the city and I hope to have the chance to welcome you back.

Matt Young,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Mecure for 3 nights and enjoyed the central location, which was convenient to shops, restaurants and transport networks.
The room was neat and tidy, however the location opposite the lifts proved to be quite noisy.
The ensuite was clean, albeit dated, with a shower over the bath.
Although the hotel has a pool, this was not available due to maintenance.
After check-out we found we left a few items behind in the room, which were returned to us - with appreciation.

Dear Kirsten E,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased the items you left behind were returned to you.

I am pleased to say our pool is now back up to 28 degrees, please accept my apologies that there was an issue with this during your stay, I understand this would have been quite frustrating.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Matt Young,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here recently for 2 nights and we found all the staff very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and tidy and the beds were comfortable. Although I didn't need it there was a pillow menu which is great as some hotels have really uncomfortable pillows. There is half an hour free wifi in the lobby if you don't want to pay. It was also nice getting the complimentary paper to read in the morning. It's right in the city but there doesn't seem to be much open at night. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear 5KiwisinOz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Its wonderful to receive such positive feedback and I know the whole team will be delighted.

I am pleased you had a good nights sleep in our comfy beds.

We look forward to seeing you soon,