“Horahhh Free internet!”

Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Perth
San Francisco, California
“Horahhh Free internet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Finally a hotel chain which offers free internet. 5 star hotels sit up and take notice. I would prefer to spend my money on 5 star accommodation but i know that i will be spending multiple hours on the internet (my work is mainly internet related) so having free internet at the mercure (and most others I have stayed at) is really great. I am sick and tired of being ripped of by big glitzy hotels for internet which costs them virtually nothing to provide. As far as the property goes, although i'm a 5 star girl, this place ticks the boxes. It won't amaze but for the price point it doesnt need to. Clean and comfortable.....with free internet!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank blond_bombshell_jen
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities we provide. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Matt Young

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Forster, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is located close to CBD with valet parking. The staff was particularly helpful and attentive especially when our hire car key was broken off in the ignition by the valet parking. The breakfast and meals were excellent although the main dining room was not used at night - instead the location was the coffee shop café. Rooms and facilities were very good for the price we paid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank sojourner616
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear sojourner616,

thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to hear staff assisted when your key was broken, I will of course share this feedback and I am sure they will be delighted to hear. Furthermore, I am glad that you enjoyed your meals and the location of the hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Esperance
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked 2 rooms for a girls weekend in May, which ended up blowing out to 4 rooms AND a foldaway bed. Nothing was too much for the staff, they did every thing they could to make our stay enjoyable. Which it was. We were celebrating a friends 40th so the staff delivered a bottle of bubbles to our room on arrival. It was the little things that made our stay fantastic. Beds were comfortable, and even the shower pressure was fantastic. The only one niggly thing I have is that one of the rooms was not serviced properly, beds did not get made up but fresh towels had been delivered. Apart from this one oversight, we love this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms serviced by the lfts near the restaurant, and they were great size rooms!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Layzylot
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Layzylot,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a great girls weekend. I will pass your comments to our team, I am sure the will be delighted to hear your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. The first time (only a couple of months ago) did not impress overly and I was not keen to stay with them again. However due to a mix-up I was booked into this hotel again and I am so glad of this error. On this visit I must say I was very impressed! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful (they even remembered my name!) and the room was clean and neat. The hotel is well located and there is valet parking available (around $35.00 a night). Thank you Mercure Perth, and in particular to the staff, for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear elledee2011,

Thank you so much for your review. It is such a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours. I will share your feedback with the whole team, I am sure they will be delighted to hear.

Newcastle NSW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here for business because I couldn't get into my usual motel and was pleasantly surprised. It is down a side street so doesn't have the greatest street appeal but once inside it is clean and modern with very friendly staff. Room was spacious and well laid out although the view was of a brick wall. Hay street is a short walk away so the location is excellent. Great value

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear RonB,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sure the whole team will be delighted.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed 3 nights on a work trip. I stayed in a room that had extra facilities (I think from memory it's about $40 a night more?) but it includes robes, water, small snack, nespresso machine and better toiletries plus free internet.
I loved the room. Very clean and comfortable.
I ordered room service twice and both times food was better than restaurant quality.
Gym/pool/spa sauna (not that I got to use them!!) and super conveniently a taxi rank is right outside :)
I would definitely recommend this hotel if your traveling to Perth for work or play!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gabbys79
Hi Gabbys79,

Thank you very much for your review. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. Great to hear that you enjoyed the room and all the extras that come with it, I love coffee myself. I will share the feedback with our team, especially the kitchen. I am sure they will be delighted to hear you enjoyed the room service meals.