“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercure Perth

Mercure Perth
Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bunbury, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have had very good service from staff at the Mercure who have been efficient, friendly and polite. Rooms are spacious and good value in Perth and hotel is close to the Perth Concert Hall and Northbridge.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Disco060,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Matt Young,
General Manager, Mercure Perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on the 29th of June to go to a concert. I must say I was so disappointed and embarrassed that I had told my husband that the last time I had stayed it was a really good hotel. (This was many years ago.) We paid for an upgrade and the flash coffee machine which only came with a couple of pods and enough sugar for only one cup each. There was only one bath robe and slippers which doesn't work with two people. The bath screen was moldy and for a room that had supposed to be renovated the tiles came straight out of the 70's. We had a lite dinner at the restaurant which was cold when it arrived to us and the guy that served us could really have applied some deodorant before coming to work because his BO was almost unbearable. When we checked in there was never any offer to help with bags even though I am over 8 months pregnant and very obviously so. When we checked out and the concierge got my car he ran the front bumper an tire/rim up onto the curb at the front of the hotel damaging both to which his reaction was "oh well" and he went back inside. The spa was also not working to which we were told the pool had been extra heated to accommodate. .. yeh right it was freezing. So disappointed with our stay and all I can be great full for is thank god it was only one night.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah W
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Sarah W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for all of the issues that you have reported.
You have highlighted many areas for us to address with our team and we will ensure we get on to these very quickly to ensure there are no future reoccurances.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back and show you the levels of service we know we can provide.

Kind Regards,

Matt Young,
General Manager, Mercure Perth
Bilpin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

A nice enough hotel but it would have been a lot cheaper in any other city than Perth. The room was quite pleasant I was upgraded to an executive room which was appreciated but I was disappointed in the bathroom it was really showing its age with cracks in the wash basin and a third of the shower sliding door was missing also. The restaurant left a bit to be desired, it felt like a cafe as it gave way onto Hay Street as well as the hotel and it was top dollar for food on tables without a tablecloth, could do better.
The saving grace was the bed and pillows; just delightful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and has been passed to the relevant department heads so appropriate measures can be taken.
John, I am glad to hear you enjoyed our comfy beds and it is our hope that we will see you again here at the Mercure in Perth.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice clean hostile hotel. Excellent room service and high quality restaurants . I will recommend it for any one travelling to perth. Low cost for value. Staff is very friendly. If u travelled again to perth I will stay again

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Abdallah E,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back here at the Mercure in Perth.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

In perth for 2 nights for work and booked mecure perth due to its central location. eg. hotel was walking distance (5 min) to free CAT buses, CBD, IGA and esplanade. I booked a superior room (a grade above standard) but allocated a room one floor above the lobby. Hence I had a lovely room view of the carpark next door. Oh well, luck of the draw i guess. The check in experience was fine, however took sometime and prompting before correct loyalty status was acknowledged. This was important as internet was not free otherwise. As it was, free internet usage was capped at 400 Mb before being shaped or extra fee to maintain broadband speed which was adequate for my purposes.

the room itself was nice enough, comfortable but nothing spectacular. Gym on top floor was spacious but could really do with more equipment. The open air roof top pool was small (barely long enough for a lap) but had it to myself the couple of times i visited. Importantly it was heated (so swimmable in May) and had great views of city particularly at night.

Didn't get time to try out the lobby bar or hotel restaurant so can't comment on those. However, ordered room service the first night. Arrived promptly (approx 10-15 mins from placing phone order) and food was piping hot and tasty.

I added to my room rate breakfast which was of good standard. Coffee options included nespresso pods with 4 different choices. There was a juicer and selection of cut fruits and vegetable for DIY fresh juice. Buffet was the standard fare (egg/sausage/bacon/mushroom/beans etc) but included a DIY waffle maker which you don't see everyday.

Checkout was efficient and conceirge was extremely helpful and proactive with taxis and bag-storage etc. All in all, very happy with the mecure perth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank QZfrequentflyer
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear QZfrequentflyer,

Thank you for your detailed review. I am pleased the hotel was close enough to all you required during your time in Perth. I will pass you comments to our team, especially the room service team. I am sure they will be delighted to hear.
Thank you again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.