“perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercure Perth

Mercure Perth
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Perth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We found this hotel a perfect spot for our stay in Perth. It was in a great location and the Red Cat bus was only a short walk. We could walk to the ferry wharf and also it was only a short walk to the centre of Perth. The hotel room was very comfortable and our breakfast (included in our package) was great with lots of choices. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tandmedwards
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear tandmedwards,

Thank you for your review.

Im pleased you enjoyed your stay in Perth and I am delighted that Mercure played a significant part in that.

If you are ever on the West Coast again, we would love to welcome you back.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a true downtown hotel- surrounded by big office buildings,small businesses, law courts,malls, shopping centers, food courts, restaurants and entertainment.
I chose the hotel as it was virtually within walking distance of the Ferry Warf from where I was to take an early morning ferry to Rottnest Island. Although the ferry service provided a free pick up very close to the hotel, had I so wished, I could have easily walked to the ferry terminal in 10 minutes through the park along the Swan river.
The large lobby on the ground floor has a modern bar- Tonic Bar- at one end and a Reception at the other. The bar is frequented by hotel's guests in the evenings, when its bad weather. Otherwise there are plenty of bars and eateries in the neighbourhood.
The reception was helpful with maps and directions right from the time I checked in. My 7th floor room was large and clean, with a toilet and shower, a multi-channel flat screen TV, with pay per view channels as well. The mini bar and the tea and coffee services were adequate. The only drawback: there is no free wi-fi in the room. In fact you get half hour free wi-fi in the lobby, where you can also use the house computer to check your emails. Since a major shopping center zone next to the hotel is wi-fi zone, you can just step out of the hotel and start using the internet on your cell phone.
A buffet breakfast is available- both a 'full cooked' version, and the continental version, but unless you have it included in your room package, I thought it was expensive.
There is a heated swimming pool on the 13th floor and the spa and sauna are next to it.
The hotel has a street level cafe- the Hydrant- which serves coffee and a quick snack.
The only drawback was that my room did not offer a view- if you looked between the buildings, you could see a small slice of the river and the trees.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Aney60,

Thank you for your detailed review.

I am pleased you found our location handy for your trip to Rottnest Island. I hope you had a wonderful time out there. We are so fortunate to have this beautiful place just off our coast line.

Its true that our hotel does not offer river views due to being situated in the heart of the CBD.

We hope to be able to look after you again if you ever come back to Australia.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've stayed at the Mercure Perth about 6 or 7 times and not once have I had a problem with this hotel. The service is impeccable, location extremely central, beds comfortable and rooms large! The buffet breakfast in the morning is outstanding too! Will definitely recommend to others and will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear RossWilson94,

Thank you for your wonderful review.
What a pleasure it is to read that you found our hotel to be consistent throughout your stay.

Thanks for the recommendation, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Maryborough, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I cant speak more highly of this Hotel, the staff were so helpful, recommending awesome day trips which we thoroughly enjoyed, customer service fantastic, they were welcoming, friendly & informative. Especially Nicky! Thank you so much. Providing directions, maps & advise.
It was in a good position within walking distance to most things, shops, parks etc..
We stayed for three nights, & left early on the Friday for the airport, when we got there I realised I left my mobile phone in my room, the staff located it & put it in a taxi, who delivered to me, I was so grateful, Thank you all At the Mercure Perth

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Ree443,
What a pleasure to read such a wonderful review about our team, especially Nicky. Thank you so much for sharing. We are very proud of them and I will ensure your feedback is shared.
We hope to see you again soon!