“Excellent Service”
Review of Mercure Perth

Mercure Perth
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed for the weekend. Checked in late night and it was smooth. I must say that the staff and service were excellent, friendly and makes us feel warm, especially Nicky.

Room was clean, spacious and cosy. It has all the basic amenities required.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Madolia,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased Nicky and the team looked after you well during your time in Perth. I will be sure to share this kind feedback with them.

We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Perth

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are excelent to have a good repair. Everything is clean and the design is modern and functional.
The staff was quite friendly and hopeful and finally, the location is wonderfull. Quite close of the financial and markets district and 5 min to the ferry's departure to Fremantel

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear PEDRO S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday here in Western Australia.
We are very fortunate with our location being so close to all attractions and of course the CBD.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip Downunder!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I've stayed at the Mercure Perth many times over the years not only for its great location so close to the heart of the business and shopping district but also because it offers the traveller excellent value for money. Our 7th Floor twin room, on Irwin Street, looks out over Government House and gardens to the Swan River and South Perth: it couldn't be better! Especially now when so much construction activity is going on in Hay Street (around the corner) while they redevelop yet another CBD location. [Even so, construction activities at present start about 0700, but it's not so direct as it would be if you faced it from a Hay Street-facing room]. And did I mention that the Mercure is opposite the Central Law Courts and diagonally opposite the District Court? The room we were given was in muted tones, with twin double beds, a thoroughly modernised bathroom and one of the biggest work benches you have seen. The breakfast room on the ground floor has a soothing giant aquarium, while Hydrant on Hay offers truly special meals at reasonable prices, more so if you are in the Le Club/Advantage Plus schemes. The staff were unfailingly polite, efficient and anxious to please: it has been a genuine pleasure to stay here again! And, being two short blocks to the Hay Street Mall and alternative dining venues, those who want to try retail therapy or a different cuisine are presented with a true array of options.

Room Tip: I'd strongly urge you to request a 7th. floor room facing Irwin Street.

Dear mccorquinn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I am pleased you enjoyed the room that was allocated to you.
Yes you are right about the amount of construction happening in our city... there have been so many changes!

Our team will definately appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

we were booked into Ibis Styles ,but they were full and then moved to the Mercure perth. We were kept informed at all times before arrival, by the manager at the Ibis Styles Arif that we were expected at the Mercure and who to ask for ,Nicky the duty manager.We were given a great room followed by excellent service by all staff during our stay.I have not come across such helpful and friendly staff who are willing to go that little bit extra to ensure your stay is enjoyable

Room Tip: we were lucky and had a spa attached to our room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear steven r,

Thank you for your very kind review.
It is a pleasure to receive such feedback about two different hotels.

I will be sure to pass this on to both Nicky and Arith and I know they will both be delighted they made an impression on you.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stay with Accor nearly every time I use a hotel - I'm a top tier with their loyalty programme - and I can safely say this is well short of the standards I've come to expect from the group. I was upgraded to a top-floor large room, but yet experienced:
- Heating that refused to work properly, literally taking hours to warm the room to a barely tepid temperature;
- A bathroom that was clearly fitted out in the 1980's, with dull beige tiles, plastic benchtops, old mixers, just generally depressingly 3 star road-side motel quality;
- Breakfast was mostly good, but the bacon was a disgusting colour, didn't even look like bacon.

On the positive side, the room (exc bathroom) has been recently refurbished, a good sized flat screen TV, comfortable bed, nice furniture.

Definitely short of what I expected from Accor's most expensive hotel in Perth.

Room Tip: Maybe there are rooms with newer bathrooms? Mercure Perth's website would suggest so (by the pho...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MarkTBrizzy

Dear MarkTBrizzy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It seems your stay really did not meet your expectations, please accpet my sincerest apologies. I will ensure your feedback is communicated through the hotel and I will endeavour to find the room you were staying in to address the temperature issue.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, but will definately speak with our head chef to address the concerns about the bacon.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Perth.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum and grandmother on a Friday night! Friendly staff and check in was a breeze! Valet parking was very reasonable and very convenient! Rooms were clean and comfortable! Breakfast was extensive, fresh and affordable! Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank OZLJ

Dear OZLJ,

Thank you for the review.
I am pleased you and your family enjoyed your Friday night away in the city.

We hope we get to welocme you back for longer next time!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our arrival after a long drive was met by a dour faced and unfriendly gentleman who seemed pretty miffed at having to be there. For heavens sake - if you're not a people person please get out of hospitality and customer service. WA has an abundance of well paid job alternatives.

Our room was large... but sparse. A refit in recent times seems to have seen a desk/table (or the like) removed leaving enough room for the bed, two armchairs and still enough room to swing three horses, a carriage and their driver. Bed/Pillows were comfortable - so there's a tick there. Aircon was a no-go - thankfully the room had openable windows.

The bathroom: Horrendous.
- Rust.
- Mould.
- Fluorescent tube lighting.
- Archaic Shower screens. It felt like a condemned nursing home. Whats going on Accor?

We were lucky with the weather on one day so we made use of the pool. Perhaps this old hulks best asset. A unique, quirky turquoise rooftop affair from a different era that was basically the only feature that stopped us from checking out early (but for the clump of human hair floating in the middle when I jumped in). But for the sake of your health - I would steer clear of the spa and sauna situation.

In short - I think this place has seen better days. The impression we got from front of house and concierge staff, was that they knew it and they were hardly enthused by their surroundings either.

We won't be back to this one. It's not about being picky or troublesome customers, its about the impersonal customer service (that we received) and looking back on the entire experience - assessing wether it was good value for money. We don't believe it was.

2  Thank OLANDMM
Matt Y, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear OLANDMM,

Thankyou for taking the time to review our hotel.
It appears from your feedback that we have let you down badly during your stay, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Firstly, we pride ourselves on providing a memorable and personal customer service experience so you will be able to appreciate my suprise when reading your feedback about our front desk team. Please rest assured that I will speak with all relevent managers and theirs teams, I know how disappointed they will be.

I will ensure we work closely with our housekeeping department to identify the room you stayed in so we can address the issues in the bathroom you have raised. Once again, please accept my apologies.

Our maintenance team check the pool area 3 times a day to audit chlorine levels so I will be sure to pass on your comments about the cleanliness of the pool area in order for them to monitor this more closely.

Once again, thank you for providing feedback and I truly hope that we do have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure so we can show you the levels of service that we know we are able to provide.