“Very comfortable bed”
Review of Duxton Hotel

Duxton Hotel
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Everything over good - impressive lobby, lovely view of the Swan River from our room. Good choice at breakfast. The most memorable thing about this hotel was the wonderful bed and pillows - I am a poor sleeper and usually wake several timed a night, however got a full night of uninterrupted sleep here - possibly due to the amazingly comfortable bed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Joan R,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you had a wonderful sleep on our beautiful beds. We are proud of what we have achieved with our bedding and we are getting such positive reviews on our beds and our guests are experiencing the best nights sleep ever.

Wishing your a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Warm Regards

Bruce G Doig

There are newer reviews for Duxton Hotel

Reviewed 27 November 2013

From the moment I walked into the Duxton the staff were friendly and efficient. The rooms were superb, very clean and comfortable with the added bonus of free wifi that was quick. The facilities were excellent and enjoyed the gym and the pool. The restuarant was efficient and the food second to none and would recommend anyone eating there as a non resident.
The shower was a little disappointing and to be fair is the only thing that was not excellent. I just wish that I could have stayed the rest of my trip there but sadly there wasn't the availability and moved to a far lesser hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Appleshag,

I appreciate your kind positive words about your recent stay with us. I have also commended the Duxton Team for their continuing high service standards. It is our intension to replace all shower heads with the slimline rain shower heads early in the New Year.
I am pleased to read that your enjoyed our wonderful Firewater Grille.

Thank you again and hopefully we are able to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Merry Christmas from all the Team at the Duxton Hotel Perth

Sincerely

Bruce G Doig

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had an enjoyable experience at the Duxton Hotel over the weekend. Service was hit and miss. When I arrived the man coordinating the valet was very attentive and friendly. I then walked in to check-in there were 4 or 5 people manning reception with no other customers there. None of them made eye contact with me, too busy talking with one another- I awkwardly stood somewhere in the middle looking at them but nothing. Finally the lovely lady at the end ushered me to come over to her. I wish I recalled her name (I think she may have been south American??) Anyway she was very welcoming and informative which outshone the few that weren’t. My room was very clean and had all of the standard amenities. I know what the person below is talking about RE: noise. Mine wasn't that bad however, the couple in the room next door started having an argument early hours of the morning, if anything it was a bit of entertainment but I could hear what they were shouting if that is any indication. WiFi was free and there was also a pillow menu which were excellent. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear AshCom,

I appreciate your comments on your weekend stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments about our valet service. I have also followed up with our Front Office Manager your observations of our reception team members on check-in and we have addressed guest protocol procedures immediately.
We have identifed the reception team member that extended courtesy to you. I also appreciate your further positive comments on our hotel services and pleased to read that you are happy to return to the Duxton Hotel in the future. Wishing the very best over the festive season.

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I woke up in the middle of the night to a party in the next room. After calling reception on two occasions (they only picked up the phone once) they told me they would not tell my neighbours to be quiet and my only option would to be to switch rooms. So after arguing with the manager in the lobby because no one would answer the phone, he marched me up to my room like a child just expelled from school, ordered me to collect the things I needed to sleep (while the party continued to rage next door) and delivered me elsewhere. What an idiotic and humiliating experience. The walls are paper thin, so good luck!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Atatwalker
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Atatwalker,

My apologise for the inconvenienced cause to you. I am conducting a full investigation into this matter that you have raised. This manner is unacceptable and not the way our team members usually conduct themselves.
Parties in rooms are not allowed as per our hotel policy and again I apologise to you sincerely.

Regards

Bruce Doig

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great hotel, very understated charm, huge lobby with friendly staff, Large room, nice and quiet. Not far from the water front and a short walk to the city center and to the train station where we jumped on a train to Fremantle and had a lovely tapas lunch and bottle of bubbly in a restaurant that the concierge from the hotel recommended. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Safia H,

I appreciate your wonderful review of the hotel and will ensure that the team are aware of your comments and praise.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I remember before the Duxton, this building was the ATO (Australian Tax Office) which would be enough to give anyone nightmares if you know the Australian Tax System. Luckily, we haven't been residents in Australia for tax purposes for 10 years!

Nothing really negative I can say about this hotel apart for the gym could be bigger and the equipment updated! Staff were fantastic, Club lounge, although small had a good selection of food and drink and the view over to South Perth was stunning as ever. The front bar in the evening was enjoyable for a nightcap and the location is probably the best in Perth.

I don't understand why people would even consider staying t the Crown Perth over in Burswood when there are hotels such as this in the heart of the CBD.

Room Tip: Club Room is worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank josepha67

Dear joespha67,

Thank you for your positive feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. I have forwarded a copy of your review to my team and I have personally thanked them for their service excellence.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here for 10 days on a business trip...at $310 per night with no breakfast ($38 each for breakfast in addition)...pricey....be aware it also costs an additional $40 per day to park your car at this hotel.Location was very good as it was easy to walk into the CBD and the riverfront and also to use the free bus service around the city and get to the train station. The hotel has seen some recent refurbishment but the shower although spotless and well maintained was very dated and having to juggle the hot and cold tap to get the right temperature was a challenge and there was little pressure to wash hair......no opening windows (possibly for safety)...the pool is beautiful and the loungers very comfortable however its very small and only 2 or 3 people can get a lounger in the sun at any one time...topless sunbathing also seems to be permitted....customer service was first class, the Grille Restaurant produced the best steak we have had in years...and the hotel is spotlessly clean. Not sure about security since anyone can take the lifts to any floor, you dont need a card to access the lift which is unusual these days. Undecided if we would stay again but if location is your priority then its great

Room Tip: Rooms with river view are amazing....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Rosie506Dundee,

I appreciate your valuable time to provide feedback about your recent 10 day stay with us. I was glad to read the the Firewater Grille provided the best steak you have ever had, this is the high standard we set out to achieve, the meat the we serve is from Treeton Farm Margaret River in our Southwest and the quality is MSA grade 1.

We have investigated your water pressure and temperature and this has been rectified, I apologise for the incovenience that this caused you. I have also passed on you comment pertaining to the cleanliness of the hotel to the team and passed on my appreciation for their consistent efforts.

I do hope we are able to be of service to you in the future and once again thank you for selecting the Duxton Hotel for your recent business stay.

Regards